• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How did YOU work out today?? Yes..YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
starlightgemini said:
YAY! I took a few days off from the gym for a few reasons, one of them being that weird pain I kept getting when I ran.

Today I did an awesome 45 minute run/walk on the treadmill with NO PAIN!!!! Let's hope it stays that way :D And I felt so good after my workout.

Maybe your not warming up enough, thats why your getting weird pain.

starlight, I think I know what you're talking about. Does it feel kind of like a cramp, off to the side under the ribs, and get more and more stabbing as you run? I get these every now and then.

It's caused by a spasm in the diaphragm. Keep your breathing deep and controlled (inhale and exhale when your left foot hits), don't eat an hour before you run, and start off slower and gradually increase the intensity.

Went for a run last night...I didnt perform how I wanted though..I dont think I waited long enough after eating a pizza. Does anyone know how long you are supposed to wait after eating to work out? I waited about 45 minutes.

Im still really proud of myself though! My body is looking more tone, Ive been doing lots of little excercises here and there along with the running at least once a week. Ive also been doing a lot of stretching. I want to be able to do the splits by mid summer! Its so hard!

MynameisnotDeja said:
. Does anyone know how long you are supposed to wait after eating to work out? I waited about 45 minutes.
They say you should wait at least 1 hour before you workout.

30/5 3hrs Aerobics Classes, 1hr Step class, 1 Body Balance Class.(Yoga,Tai Chi Gong, Meditation)
31/5 1 1hr Aerobics Class, 1 Step Class, 1 Weights Class, 1hr cycling
01/6 1 BodyJam Class (various dance formats),~30min swim, 20min Cycling, 1X1hr Jazz Dance Class, 1X1hr CardioHighLow Aerobics Class, Another 1hr BodyJam Class in the evening.
02/6 2x 1hr CardioHighLow Aerobics Classes
03/06 1/2hr LI Aerobics, 1hr Yoga,
04/06 1xBodyBalance Class
Cycling to gyms and back all week.

Does anybody else here do Les Mills Classes?

Good Thread!

Peace,
:)
O.

Cecil said:
starlight, I think I know what you're talking about. Does it feel kind of like a cramp, off to the side under the ribs, and get more and more stabbing as you run? I get these every now and then.

It's caused by a spasm in the diaphragm. Keep your breathing deep and controlled (inhale and exhale when your left foot hits), don't eat an hour before you run, and start off slower and gradually increase the intensity.

YES! thanks :)

I am a diagnosed addict of fitness.

05/06
Cycling
1hr Weights
1hr Super Circuit
1hr Dance Class
More cycling

it's still morning, so I'll see what else I'll be doing Including at least about 40min cycling this afternoon/evening.

I went right out today and bought fresh fruit which I never usually eat. I would be lucky to have fruit twice a week lately but I have had a craving for apples and since I usually don't get a lunch break I though I'd be able to take my apple and water bottle out on playground duty and eat then instead of starving til 4 o'clock most days. Other than that I was slack on Friday and most of the weekend. I did jog to the shop on Saturday morning instead of driving though and I have a full two days of netball games next weekend because of our annual carnival so I really should take it a bit easy this week.

shahab6 said:
They say you should wait at least 1 hour before you workout.

Cool thanks. :)

Oceanboy it sounds like your workout is really good! I aspire to be like that.

Last night:

Went for a good run, I ran FAST this time. Then I went through a cycle of allll my little excercises, like lunges, squats, push ups, sit ups. I spent about 15 minutes cooling down and working on stretches for my legs. Im getting a bit more flexible, but nowhere near being able to do the splits yet. :\

Good job everyone! ! =D

stretching
sit ups
push ups
pull ups
100 lb weights
tai chi
cutting blackberry bushes with a machete for like half an hour

not gonna give # reps on the exercises cuz i am freakin' weak ;)

I have a workout related question but I didn't want to start a whole new thread about it because its pretty simple, lol, so I thought I'd put it here for some of you fitness types to see ;)

I was just wondering something about heartrate. On the treadmill that I use at the gym, it has a chart showing heartrate related to age, and the different percentages. Like what working out at 70% and 85% of your heartrate is, as well as your maximum heartrate.

What number should I be aiming for? As in percentage. I'm a 23 year old female (ok I will be 23 in 6 days, close enough :p ). During the peak of my workout, my heartrate seems to be around 165-170, which apparently is me working at 85%. Is that good? Too much?

Ack I wish I had an answer for you, Im not too knowledged on heartrate stuff. Any experts?

jubzie said:
hour and a half of cycling (25 miles), hour and a half of ashtanga yoga (full first series), and walked ~2 miles
Cool. I felt the best I had ever felt in my life when I committed to ashtanga yoga several days a week. It's so, so rewarding ... I'd love to get back into it, though I admit the idea of working back up to even beginner's level strength is daunting considering how far back I've allowed myself to slip.

I guess I didn't 'work out' today in the traditional sense, though I did spend a while working in the garden as well as running around with my dog. Thankfully she's a very active and athletic dog, so she forces me to move my body and sweat every day. Whether I feel like it or not. :)

starlightgemini said:
I have a workout related question but I didn't want to start a whole new thread about it because its pretty simple, lol, so I thought I'd put it here for some of you fitness types to see ;)

I was just wondering something about heartrate. On the treadmill that I use at the gym, it has a chart showing heartrate related to age, and the different percentages. Like what working out at 70% and 85% of your heartrate is, as well as your maximum heartrate.

What number should I be aiming for? As in percentage. I'm a 23 year old female (ok I will be 23 in 6 days, close enough :p ). During the peak of my workout, my heartrate seems to be around 165-170, which apparently is me working at 85%. Is that good? Too much?

You should be targeting from 148 - 167

^ thanks! :) So is it bad though if my heartrate tends to hover more around the 165 mark?

I alternate running and walking... so, I take my heartrate right after I'm done a running interval, where it would be higher of course. But then I cool down a bit with the walking, then run again and bring it back up.

starlightgemini said:
^ thanks! :) So is it bad though if my heartrate tends to hover more around the 165 mark?

Its not bad.What is your Resting HR? This way I can tell you exactly what it should be and the Maximum it can be.

starlightgemini said:
I'm going to need a refresher course in how to determine resting heartrate. I forget :eek:

Place the tips of your index and middle fingers over the Radial Artery and apply a light pressure to it. Don't use your THUMB. It has a pulse of it's own. Then count the beats for one minute to get the HR

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.