• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How did YOU work out today?? Yes..YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
womanthatrolls said:
during my break at work today i managed to make it over to the gym for about an hour and a half. I did 30 mins on the elyptical and a 20 min uphill light jog. I didnt have time to do any weight traning, but my job is pretty physical so i was moving around the whole day. Tomorrow i try the 2 hour spin class at 9 am...wish me luck!

Stop making me look bad. ;)

Went to the gym and only managed 35 minutes on the treadmill (mostly walking mixed with a little bit of running) because I kept getting horrible stomach pains when I ran or walked too fast. This has never happened before :(

But, as soon as I walked into the gym, I ran into my friend Kate, who told me last week that she might join my gym because her mom goes there too. So now I have a summer workout buddy!!!!! (she is home for the summer but will be back at school 1.5 hours away in the fall). Now I can FINALLY try some weight machines, for some reason I feel dumb doing them alone lol. But she and I will do them together :D

^working out with a friend is definately cool.

Last night- Did some sit ups, some plank positions, some lunges. Today my stomach was definately tighter. :)

starlightgemini said:
Went to the gym and only managed 35 minutes on the treadmill (mostly walking mixed with a little bit of running) because I kept getting horrible stomach pains when I ran or walked too fast. This has never happened before :(

^ THE SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME AGAIN TODAY :( :X :(

I wonder wtf is wrong with me.

I wish my gym had a pool. I wish there were ANY pools around here. I love swimming so much, I swam competitvely for so many years of my life, and if there was a pool around here I'd be in it for hours. *sigh*

That's probably the #1 thing I miss most about where I used to live (when I was on swimteam and a pool lifegaurd) there was a pool in literally every neighborhood. So about 25 pools in my city alone. And I swam for free since I worked for the company for 4 years. *double sigh*

Is the pain a pain in the side, like you get when you are overdoing it?? Or some other kind of stomach ache?

Swimming is definately a good workout. Im thinking about joining YMCA so I can swim laps. :)

As for me, Ive been doing pretty good. Did another shoulder/arm workout with the weights last night...plus a ton of sit ups, some lunges, and some push ups.

Originally posted by MynameisnotDeja
Is the pain a pain in the side, like you get when you are overdoing it?? Or some other kind of stomach ache?

I dunno, its weird, I'm having trouble putting it into words :( It doesn't feel like a muscle cramp (I know what those feel like) but it doesn't feel like a "stomach ache" kind of feeling either. It's really strange and very annoying. It happened a little bit today too.

And it doesn't feel like the kind of pain you get form overdoing it. I mean, I certainly wasn't overdoing it when the pain started!!! I took a couple days off from the gym because my work schedule prevented it plus I was feeling shitty from it being my period, and the day I went back (so after 2 days of rest) is when it started. And only 5 minutes into my workout!!!

I'm perplexed :(

I've been keeping up my Monday, Wednseday, Fridays but last Friday I was really crook so I had the night off and made up for it Saturday arvo by going down to the oval and doing 5k. That took so much self convincing since nobody wanted to come with me and I left them all at home drinking and preparing for a barbie.
Tonight I have netball but I want to go do a 5k run first. Not sure how I'll handle the game after that though. maybe do 2 or 2.5 before and the rest after but I'll probably wuss out if I leave it til after the game.

i did about 45 min on a bike trail today. ive never worked out in my life, but could really use the energy boost i get from excersizing.
tomorrow: hour.5 on the bike :) woo hoo

ran and walked for about 24 minutes (4 min run 4 min walk switching)

later at night played jailbreak, a game with lots of running

i feel so great after i excersise. but i have to stand in front of the fan naked for 3 min, i get so sweaty i feel like i took a swim

jogged to the post office... 300meters ;)

went to my ashtanga yoga class

changed a car tyre

Well last night I did 4k warm up before my game. Played the whole game because we were short of players even though I copped a few shots (got a huge bruise on my jaw today) and went for spills a couple of times (gravel rash on my palms and forearm). I'd love to wear a pedometer when i play a full game of Centre because I could finally prove to ppl how much work I really do... will have to set this up sometime.... ;)
I've got a 3 day carnival coming up in 2 weeks and it is going to smash me! I've decided to start running every day (fingers crossed) just baout so that I can build up my stamina to play 5 or 6 A grade games in a row....
Cheers to me for being so keen and enthusiastic even though I have barely started yet....:)

im odd... i got high today and as usual it gave me lots of energy and made me want to expend it. so i took a walk, and ran. pot is my cardio drug!:)

Wow what the hell...pot totally would make me never work out again.

Today I did my shoulder lifts, some sit ups, and some lunges and butt lifts. Yay!

I actually went for a run this afternoon.... about 4k I think. I didn't think I'd do it because I spent most of the day coming up with excuses but then this arvo I just said Stuff it! You're going! and I did!!!! :)

Had a morning swim practice from 6-7:30 - we did about 5k. This afternoon I went for a light 10 minute jog down to the pool, did half an hour of weights, 2 x 100 crunches, 2 x 50 side crunches, 2 x 50 back extensions, followed by another 3k in the pool.

A relatively intense day - it's been 3 days since I did weights last so I had to get them done. Not fun doing them the day I had double swim workouts.

YAY! I took a few days off from the gym for a few reasons, one of them being that weird pain I kept getting when I ran.

Today I did an awesome 45 minute run/walk on the treadmill with NO PAIN!!!! Let's hope it stays that way :D And I felt so good after my workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.