• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

How did you guys move on after a relationship?

Time is the best thing and keep yourself busy. Go out with friends or start a new hobby, it's really about keeping yourself busy so youre not sitting around thinking of her!!

I got hurt a year ago, and still think of him from time to time.

We were best of friends, spent almost every day together, text, called, we even played online games together.

One day I told him I had a bad migraine, would talk to him later that day, he replied back later
"GO AWAY" , um, like wtf, then he text me "one of us would feel neglected". I was like, shocked, over me having a headache and sleeping that day? Lol. He was kinda moody, attention needy. Wasn't the first time he flaked after a 15 hr work shift, but never the go away like that.

He avoided me after that, if I'd text him something nice, he'd just say "go away" so I did.

I really cared deeply about him, the loss of his presence bothered me for a few months, but I got over it.

I'm a firm believer in ending it as friends, to leave the door open, but if they wanna go, it's their loss, not mine.

I'm sorry you got hurt. Just find someone who will appreciate all you have to offer. Hugs.

For me in the last two break ups ive had (both were from long term relationships, one 5.5 years and the other one year) ive found the best way of staying positive and not getting hitched up on obsessively thinking about the break up was to become best friends with both those ex's. I talk to both of them all day everyday and with my ex who i dated for a year i hangout with her almost everyday (we live a block away from one another). I find that since i keep them both in my life even right after our break ups i never got that feeling of having lost something really special.

Well, mine died under weird circumstances. Took about 12 years to move on free and clear of the consuming pain so I don't think it's the same as having an ex still on the globe but when I did, nothing helped much but time. Of course there's the whole, 'get out there and do new things' yay. yeah, bite me. Like I said, nothing helped but time; but that's just me.

All depends on the person, the circumstances and how long, how connected the two were. Amicable break ups sound great but I would imagine are few and far between, at least at first.
anyway o.p, hope your heart is doing better now
everything will be alright

Ugh, I hate that I'm reading this....just ended things with a bf of 5 years.....wtffffff.......

I usually keep a few women on standby mode, which is basically like I could have sex with them but don't.

After a breakup I call one of them.

If that doesn't work I look up an old ex and fuck them.

If that doesn't work I find someone new and fuck them.

If that doesn't work I find something to take my mind off of it until I can find someone else to have sex with which really doesn't take long.

Anyways after all that nonsense maybe I get into a short rebound relationship for a month until I can find someone I want to date on a regular basis.

First, burn it all emails, pictures, text, anything that reminds you of her. If your renting move, if your owning sell, burn it all man
Second, goes without saying no contact whatsoever. Even a funeral, find an excuse, no contact
Third, dirt dog it and find a fling. Fuck a hooker if you have to just get wet.

You will get there, its better than here, just hold on to that thought you will be fine.

Good luck man

yeaaa always fun breaking up with someone... but dont tell yourself how good things were cause if they were yall wouldnt of broken up, try and remember all the fights and all that shit and then try n fuck her mom, sister, cousin, friend, whoever honestly lol but for real just move on and keep your head up... bitches come and bitches go

before anything else, process the relationship; make sure you learn from what went wrong.

stay active. exercise. continue your hobbies. keep yourself busy through work or other means. refrain from getting wasted.

I was with my ex for nearly all of my 20's. we got pregnant and had kids. I messed up and emotionally cheated on her (inappropriate emails and such online). she finally had enough and left. I tried and tried to win her back but it went no where because I broke that trust. it took me a long time but I finally moved on due to time (long time for me) and being introduced to drugs scene, which I think helped me move on. weed is not really my thing (knocks me out), but tried coke in summer 2014 and tried a molly a couple times, that were spaced out over couple months. after rolling into new year (pun intended) I finally just accepted it. things are much better now for me and our relationship regarding kids.

I went through professional counseling, hang-out with friends more often, reflected on how I was when connected with ex way back when, and it just clicked in my mind that I can move on and be myself. take some risks, small ones to start, and go from there. there is more to life than being held up on something from the past that you cant change. if you re-connect with your ex or connect with someone new, then that is what will happen but only because of your actions and hoe you carry yourself. don't worry about them and control what you can control, which is yourself and how you want to live. certain activities/chemicals/people may influence you one way or another, but only make those decisions based on what you want to do and not what someone else might think of you.

hope that helps. I've been through the ringer and never thought drugs, scripts or recreational, should be part of the equation but sometimes they help you see/think of a different perspective.

take care

I wish I knew the answer. I really need to block my ex. We've been broken up for 6 months and she still texts me like everyday. She'll flirt with me constantly but she has a new guy. I feel like she just likes fucking with my head.

Realize there are 3.5 billion females in the world.

Realizing we will all die someday and life is gonna fly by that there is no way im wasting my life crying about some female who is probably getting stuffed by a new dick already.

Life goes on. You already answered it. Everyone has gone through it. (Except me but that's how I'd go about it)

And many have gone through worse. You either get over it or do a murder suicide.

Good luck

Go on a trip; take an adventure; abandon old expectations and walk into new ones

First, don't pressure yourself to be over it in X amount of time. Grief doesn't have a time line.

Secondly, do something novel just for you so you can start claiming cool life experiences as just you again. Travel, hobbies, new friends, etc.

Third, if feelings come up, let them flow. Denial just carries shit further down the road, and into future relationships. Give yourself permission to be angry, sad, reflective, etc. Write it down, shout it out, burn photos, whatever.

And lastly... always remind yourself of why it wouldn't have worked. Always. Otherwise the mind can play tricks with regret. There were good times but if it was meant to last you'd still be together. Remember that you were always your own person. Try to focus on that and remind yourself that you're going to be ok no matter what. The next thing will come.

Took me years to get over a break up. And I realized she never was worth that sort of pain.

Handle it best you can. Meet other girls, get laid is the best cure.