• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

How did you get off your butt today V.3

Had yesterday off was going to rest today aswell but...

Shoulder press x 5 (12, 10, 8, 6, 6 reps)
Upright rows 3 x 5
Shrugs 3 x 15
Lat raises 3 x 10
Side lat raises 3 x 10
Close grip bench 2 x 10 quite heavy
Skullcrushers 2 x 10
Dips 3 x 15

Starting to see almost steroid like gains thanks to this current programme and quitting the stims. Hopefully I've found the way now! I'll apologize for my possibly boring workout posts but it's the appropriate thread and it's the best place for me to record my workouts and not loose them ;)

Just been and done an abs workout

Jogging
Side step and raised knees
Heel kicks
High knees
3 x 25 weighted sit ups
3 x 20 leg raises
2 x 25 "V" sit ups

Topped off with some oblique work, then a shake with oats and protein. Still got my right hand all bandaged up lol, so no lifting today :(

plans for cycle class and weight training got cancelled for sex sleep then sex
I ran 4 miles at trail race last night. Got to bed at 2a. Fried chicken and vodka with friends at my house is the tradition after this yearly night race

Another upper body today after mopping all floors, cleaning bathrooms etc. Feeling pretty fresh and clean lol.

I did
Bench press 4x10
Shoulder press 5x5
BB rows 4x10
Upright rows 5x5
DB curls 4x10
Close grip bench press 3x10
Dips 4x10

Feeling the burn now. Had 2 eggs a banana and milk now tuna salad on wholemeal. Can see the last week has given me a boost.

Nice workout bro!

I worked all day on my feet. I work for the biggest sports apparel and equipment retailer in the US. Super psyched, I am surrounded by athletes and beautiful potential female mates all day. My dream job, as I am an athlete and single :)

About to run 5 miles on the trails and bike 20.

Then gonna do some insane calisthenics.

Sculptures by the sea.
Sounds wonderful!

hiked the dog 3 miles then kayaked for 2hrs
A fellow outdoorsman, my kind of active!

Lost my license a few years ago. Finally have it back now and am working on the car. Really bore myself into a hole with past mistakes due to addiction.

I am grateful I have nothing on my record though as that would mess me up professionally, that is what is important. Hard lessons were due.

Money will come through hardwork and self cultivation, along with drawing close to wise people.

I have 2 kayaks and was bummed to not go this year although I made a friend whom offered to take us (whom I had to stop being friends with as the man was on a downward spiral and I was in a position to be dragged down with him, at least by breaking it off I would have a chance to keep improving and possibly help him in some other destiny in the future) anyways my issues aside I will be going this spring for sure!

I go in rivers (one way trip no back paddling) mainly and when I go solo I have to leave a bike where I plan on getting out, lock up the kayak when I get out, bike back to where the car is parked, and fetch the kayak :)

It is always more fun with friends though!

Great positive attitude you have man. What were you previously addicted to? I similarly just kicked a bad habit (coke) and am now seeing the true value of life it feels. Just now is a bit shit, because I'm having to bite the bullet, not hang around with certain people, in certain places. I feel like my heads so much clearer for it though, and my health is better now I'm back into a routine.

I've only been kayaking a couple of times but good fun. I think any kind of activity that gives you a thrill and something to talk about is worth doing while in recovery.

I've been lumbered with a pulled muscle in my hand for a few days but just managed shoulders
Shoulder Press (13kg x 10 reps, 14kg x 8 reps, 14kg x 6 reps, 15kg x 4 reps, 15kg x 4 reps)
Upright rows (33.5kg x 10 reps, 33.5kg x 5 reps, 33.5kg x5 reps, 33.5kg x5 reps)
DB shrugs (15kg x 12 reps, 15kg x 15 reps, 15 kg x 20 reps, 15kg x 10 slower, 15kg x 5 slowest)
Side lat raises (5kg x 10reps, 5kg x 8 reps slower, 5kg x 6 reps slowest)
Front lat raises (5kg x 10 reps, 5kgx 10 reps, 5kg x 10 reps slowest)
Skullcrushers (13kg x 10 reps)
Dumbell curls (13kg x 10, 13kg x 10, 13kg x 5 slowest)

by slowest I mean the down, letting the weights come back down slowly which strains the muscles more. Not the heaviest workout by any means and a few I couldn't do today but my hand is still not right and I did it with bench at home. Hopefully if my hands better tomorrow then I will visit the gym. I'm taking a note of more and more things now like calories and making sure I hit my macros and protein for each day.

Was working on practicals from 9:00 until 18:00 during which I've also expained 3 things people didn't understand, 5 times each or so. People kept coming to me, because I understood it, causing me to have to little time to actually write it down in my lab journal 8(

monday upper body weights and 30 min cycle class
tues and today nothing
rain and 9C Tuesday do I cancelled my trail run

Did some core cardio, leg raises, crunches, v sit ups and some oblique work today. Chest and biceps tonorrow.

Another shoulders and triceps workout complete. Only been back training a month and I'm feeling the benefit from it already :)

My turn to go to the groceries shop..:\

Last edited: