• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

How common is Candy Flipping

Depends on the batch of MDMA. Certain batches seem to be more sedating whereas others are energizing. Different synthetic routes affects the experience. But of course to make matters more complicated it is also fairly setting dependent too, taking MDMA at a Rave will be much more energizing than taking it at home while hanging with friends.

MDA is the same, both batch and setting dependent. Although I find with MDA even when it feels sedating there is still this underlying flow of stimulation.

-GC

Many thanks, checking out the link now, and the extensive comments. Any information on how common the incidence of an excited delirium type of presentation would be on these compounds (NBOH and NBOME)?

Hey man, thanks for what you do.

I'm inclined to believe this may be an NBOMe or something similar. I've been out of the loop with the RCs for awhile but I was still hanging around my local scene when 25E-NBOMe was first coming around. I was actually one of the first people here to write trip reports about it. Not sure if it's even around anymore.

Anyway, when it came around my area a lot of people were passing it off as LSD at some local festivals. I protested selling it to unsuspecting users but couldn't really do much about it. I saw a lot of folks go into delirium/violent rages on it from the normal dose on up to what were clearly ODs. It was being passed around in nasal spray bottles and on tabs and a lot of folks were just constantly taking it for the stimulation. I saw several people restrained by security and taken off the grounds during those few weeks. I would eventually stop hanging around that scene because I didn't agree with how they were selling off RCs and how they were treating the people that did freak out because of them. Security would often man handle them and I saw a couple of people get body slammed to the ground by them. I'm also pretty sure two young girls died as a result of using it or a related compound.

The thing with those events is you can never be sure what is being sold, if it's really what the dealer claims it is, and what people are mixing together. LSD+MDMA combos are very common and usually always safe when precaution is taken and the substances are tested. I've never seen anyone have problems with that combo but most of the people I've seen take it were experienced with both substances and took sane dosages. IME most of these freak out episodes are the result of taking an unknown substance in a dose way above what should normally be taken.

If it helps here are some posts/reports about my use of 25e. This isn't the only NBOMe but all seem to have similar side effects. Search around the trip report forum and the megathreads to get a better idea of how they work.

Trip report 1: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/735724-(25E-NBOMe-250mcg)-First-time-Exploring-the-NBOMes
Trip report 2: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/735726-(25E-NBOMe-400mcg)-Second-Time-What-time-is-it

Also here is a post I made as a warning to other people after having used it a couple of times:

I've taken two doses of this so far; one attempt at 250mcg, another at 400mcg (give or take 50mcg).

Both trips were nice and had great visuals, I won't bore you with the details of the trips themselves.

I did want to mention the side effects/day after effects I have had;

- Vasoconstriction was noted on both attempts (shrunken penis, cold feet/hands).
- Muscle spasms (mostly in the legs). Leads to sore thighs the next day.
- Tongue tied/trouble forming sentences after peak
- Lasting visuals (ala HPPD) for days afterwards
- It causes me to itch post trip, and gives me feelings similar to begin bitten by mosquitos
- Headaches both while tripping and for days after dosing
- Feeling of begin drained for days after the trip, sleeping more than usual.
- Feelings of impending doom.
- Racing heart, with a worrying pain under the left arm and in the chest.

My ROA was nasal by the way, as my 25E came pre-prepped in a nasal spray bottle from a trusted friend.

Aside from first hand experience I want to add that I have seen many people consume this over the last two months. I know for sure it was 25e and not something else. All these users took it nasally as well.

I've seen both newbies and experienced users have freak outs on doses as low as 150mcg. I've also seen people constantly dose the stuff to the point where they had no effects other than stimulation. I've seen people dose it over an entire weekend to avoid sleeping. I obviously do not suggest anyone do this.

I highly advise anyone that plans on experimenting with this to proceed with lots of caution. I feel this substance is a bit damaging to the body/mind and given its ability to cause massive tolerance I don't plan on doing it very often. It doesn't feel safe at all to me.

One last note: every time I've smoked cannabis on this substance I've had it bring on lots of anxiety and panic attacks.

Also another post about a friend taking this substance:

I wanted to leave a warning about this substance in case any of you are sharing it with others.

About a month ago I shared some with a friend of mine that is currently in the depths of a pretty bad opioid/benzo addiction. At the time I didn't know it had progressed as far a long as it has but I did know he was using.

Anyway, I allowed him 200mcg and dosed about that much myself. Trip set in and good times were had but at the 1-2 hour mark he started bugging me for a re-dose. Initially I declined but eventually allowed him to re-dose, I warned not to take more than two more sprays from the bottle and handed it over. My friend proceeded to spray it so many times that I honestly lost count (couldn't have been more than 10 though) before I wrestled it away from him.

He was okay and had a good trip but I did become worried about him overdosing so it ruined my good time. He spent the next 4-5 hours proclaiming 25e to be the best drug ever. Since that night every time I talk with him he asks about the 25e and pretty much exhibits the same drug seeking behavior that he does with opioids.

I refuse to give him any because I know he does not show it enough respect. But honestly, I was surprised to see someone switch their DOC so quickly over night. I didn't think someone that had preferred oxycodone/heroin would go so crazy over an NBOMe. Yea, I know allowing him some out of my stash probably wasn't the brightest idea but I had good intentions.

Lesson learned, I'm making sure to be more selective over who I share with in the future.

Thinking back on this night he got very weird and might have suffered some delirium. At one point he got borderline violent with me which was unusual for him. He also zoned out watching the TV for the better part of an hour and was constantly asking very odd questions. At the time I just chalked it up to the trip but he did seem to be in a sinister headspace and if we weren't in the privacy of his home I think there was a good chance he could have gotten violent as any random person that came by.

Last edited:
Just wants to say Thanks for all the help to everyone. I took sick as a dog for about 2 weeks and this topic hit my back burner, unfortunately. I am just getting back on my feet. You wouldn't think little bronchitis would be a big deal...;)

Anyway, I have one final question. Early in this thread I went down a rabbit hole of links and found some information on helping people through bad trips. 4 or 5 basic principles. They seemed pretty common sense but I liked the way they were put together. I can't find them now. Does anyone have any idea what I am talking about and can post a direct link? I think it was on BLUELIGHT, but could have been on erowid or some other site.

Thanks again. I am working on the presentation now.

Bumping this for visibility. I know there's good guides on Erowid for tripping, but unfortunately I can't say I know the document of which you speak...

Bumping this for visibility. I know there's good guides on Erowid for tripping, but unfortunately I can't say I know the document of which you speak...

Yea there are a ton of resources for this, perhaps he found his way to the tripsit wiki? https://wiki.tripsit.me/wiki/Main_Page

Or maybe psychonautwiki? https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Responsible_drug_use

Of course Erowid always has good information on this subject: https://erowid.org/psychoactives/guides/guides_article2.shtml

(sorry for double posting)

Maybe you ended up on this page OP? http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/559054-PD-Welcome-amp-Beginners-FAQ

That is a good guide with a bunch of links. Note that a lot of the links are broken right now but they still work if you replace ".ru" with ".org" in the url. I've reported the problem so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

If you'd ever like to talk with someone in private feel free to send me a private message.

It really does sound like it could be NBOMEs - violent delirium accompanying overdose seems not uncommon in trip reports that I've read. Most likely it was misrepresented as LSD and was sold in blotter. This is worrying.