• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids How come everytime i have a tablet / pain killer the left side of my stomach gets little aches and pains?

Can a stomach ulcer resolve its self out and what are the side effects of having one of these bad boys thanks for the reply mr kringle

well first you'd have to be diagnosed with one before you treat it right? so they'd have to scope your stomach to take a look.....i had one done before - you're awake but you don't remember a thing when they do it - it's weird

but sure - yea it can resolve on it's own if you change up some of your habits if it's not too bad

you were talking about areas of pain too - so if it were your liver, that's on the right side - mostly upper right quadrant

your kidneys are closer to your back - so you'd most likely feel pain back there if that were an issue, right?

if you had an issue with your appendix, that would be lower right quadrant

and then sometimes you just have referred pain - coming from somewhere else but you feel it in a different area....like you might have shoulder or arm pain that's actually coming from your neck

im not trying to give you answers here, just shootin the shit with you to give a few things some thought

exactly this
gotta see the dr for any real answers bro @chrisp1995
thanks for reply mate i went to the doctors they just had a feel of my stomach said it was fine did a piss test came back as fine and they are going to do a blood test on the 3rd of november i was just seeing if i was over reacting or being paranoid or if anyone had any similar effects taking codeine phosphate or dehydrocodeine as none of these tablets contain paracetamol or ibuprofen, and i’ve heard that just pure codeine and dehydrocodeine don’t cause toxics to the liver or kidneys or stomach ulcer

well first you'd have to be diagnosed with one before you treat it right? so they'd have to scope your stomach to take a look.....i had one done before - you're awake but you don't remember a thing when they do it - it's weird

but sure - yea it can resolve on it's own if you change up some of your habits if it's not too bad

you were talking about areas of pain too - so if it were your liver, that's on the right side - mostly upper right quadrant

your kidneys are closer to your back - so you'd most likely feel pain back there if that were an issue, right?

if you had an issue with your appendix, that would be lower right quadrant

and then sometimes you just have referred pain - coming from somewhere else but you feel it in a different area....like you might have shoulder or arm pain that's actually coming from your neck

im not trying to give you answers here, just shootin the shit with you to give a few things some thought
thanks for you reply bro and tbh i don’t actually get svere pain it’s more of a irritating pain like a slight ache or stitch like feeling down the side of my left side and then the odd pain in the centre of my stomach that last a second or two and comes and goes and a lot of growling noises haha, but i am fit an healthy i work as a scaffolder so back pain is properly common for me as i’m heavy lifting all day, but i don’t think it is my neck, but i do have hard stools of the codeine phosphate so i should take some laxatives which i will purchase tomorrow, the doctors over here in the uk are shit i sort of got shrugged of when i went that i was fine after a quick stomach feel, piss test came back fine i’ve got a blood test the 3rd of november as they don’t do them in my doctors so i have to go third party for it, but i’ve heard if your codeine or dehydrocodeine is not mixed with any extra tablets like paracetamol it is not toxic to your kidneys or liver or stomach don’t know if this is true or not if you do? and could codeine cause a stomach ulcer? but i have searched the symptoms and i don’t get a burning feel in my belly or have a loss of appetite or feel nausea it’s more just the slight shooting pain/sitch/achey feelings it’s hard to describe the feeling that i get down my side and the noises out of my stomach to explain. but i am trying to keep my dose below 5 tablets of a weekend now and avoid them through the weekdays apart from friday haha so i am having 4/5 day breaks in between using. i do pee a lot but i think that’s a way of the tablets coming out of my body as i don’t really poo a lot properly to do with the tablet usage. thanks for your concerns though if you could answer my questions in this reply i’d be happy haha thanks once again bro

i just don’t want to die of these suckers even though it’s hardly unlikely as i don’t really go over 6 tablets a day of 240 mg and have cut down tk just weekend usage from friday to sunday haha, hope there is no recorded deaths of codeine and hydro codeine i don’t take the piss with them like others i see people taking full blister packs of 20 tablets with in a few a hours and hope how do they stomach this, but do you think just using codeine with out paracetamol could potentially kill you, i tend to stay away from any paracetamol now days or ibuprofen just for my kidneys sake, but does anyone know if codeine or dehydrocodeine is actually toxic for the body ?

Yes, it makes my stomach feel like crap and other people here on the forums have mentioned this as well.

I find it weird Codiene isn’t taken seriously.

yeah the dropping of the Codiene is unpleasant. The only real issue is it irritates the stomach.

Codeine is known for its antitussive effects, but when I cough from it feels like it is coming from the stomach although I do smoke a lot and whatnot but yes I find codeine nasty af because of all this. Oh yeah, one time it actually made me puke I think, or almost made me puke, I can’t remember. But yeah codeine sucks ass.

Last edited: