• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How Can We Improve Other Drugs? v. Calling All OD Miscreants

If these were asked and answered, please forgive me.

1. RC's should not be in OD forum. First of all, they don't even have a name. Second, most of them have psychadelic properties and as such, should be re-homed in the Psychadelic Forum.

2. Is it possible to block other members? I have encountered a few insufferable people and I do not engage but being able to ignore their posts would really helpmyblood pressure.

If you can make that diary into some harry potter disappearing ink conversation style note pads, lemme know and the kool kids can get in on that. Can't bring back the OD social thread though, =\. Miss you LaCster!

word, problem is you have to be really high for the ink to work ;)

tric, dude i miss you too! it has been a while. and i need your help man... i will msg you

1. RC's should not be in OD forum. First of all, they don't even have a name. Second, most of them have psychadelic properties and as such, should be re-homed in the Psychadelic Forum.

hm. i agree mostly, though not all RCs have psychedelic properties e.g.: meclonazepam might a touch out of place in the psychedelic section. or did you mean respective categories for different types of RC? i think that would be good. or just a whole other RC category/subcategory perhaps..?

Every RC has a name, whether it's an alphabet/numerical soup or an actual name and the RC's that are psychedelics or dissociatives are posted in PD, as are the empathogens (most at least, others are a grey area like substituted cathinones) in MED... at least that's where they are supposed to be and will usually be moved accordingly. That leaves just about only stimulant, benzo, and opiate RC's... which not only isn't really enough to warrant a whole new section, but these classes of substances would be placed in OD had they not been an RC and those who have experience with these classes of drugs whether it be RC or pharmaceutical exchange information with each other as opposed to being segregated.

I'd hate for an RC sub-forum to be created and rip just about 75% of PD and a small chunk of MED and place it into a mess of every class of drugs, just because it's a "research chemical". Then there's the definition as to what exactly defines a research chemical... Are substances like 2c-b or DOM still considered research chemicals despite being out and about for decades? What about aMT which has been studied and approved for pharmaceutical use as an antidepressant in foreign countries? Is PD just gonna become the LSD, Mescaline, mushrooms, and ketamine discussion? Sounds like a headache to me.

I think more research into longevity/enhanced life (In general) and increase intelligence/cognition are very important, now that we're entering the world (at least hitting the markets, not just research papers) of Pharmacogenomics, tons of more nootropics and research peptides. Personally because I have some knee/back issues and am trying to get into shape again - I plan on trying some Ipamorelin (GHRP analog with no effect on Prolactin, Cortisol or increased apetite from increase Ghrelin and doesn't screw up your GH receptors/system but probably should be cycled anyway) with some CJC1295 (I forget at this moment but the good one, theres one with DAC/one without - and there not the same. However most impressive to me have been Semax and Selank, fixed imbalances in my brains catecholamine and seroninergic systems:

Semax (ACTH Fragment that actually is anti-anxiety, activates dopamine & serotonin system without releasing either one (I know thats true on the dopamine, believe on the serotonin) among many other awesome things - Selank is a more stable analog of tuftsin which is anti-anxiety, activates the macrophages and other "garbage bags" of the human body - immunomodulatory among other things, one of them (not sure which atm) also is an Enkephalinase Inhibitor so prohibits the breakdown of endogenous enkephalin opioid peptides in your body (enkephalin's hit the delta opioid receptors). They've changed me for the better - was exactly what I needed to add to my regime. Effects seem to be cumulative as well - 500x the normal dose is needed to see an adverse reaction, its well treated - already prescribed in russia and the ukraine - and Ive seen no side effects when I ran out and had to get some more / reconstitute the powder for nasal administation (intranasal and subcutaneons only - oral/sublingual will just break down the peptide into its respective amino acids)

^^ fairly innocuous comment, just that you seem to think of yourself as a BL celebrity.

^^ fairly innocuous comment, just that you seem to think of yourself as a BL celebrity.

And who the fuck are you? The cool police?

Maybe we could add that to OD?

I don't have time to browse all 10 pages, has this elucidated any plausible ideas or the like we might comment on?

Edit:

Just thought of something that seems semi-reasonable. A custom title for people who help out in OD, offering sourced/safe advice and who refrain from dissing people and hyperbole.

Last edited:
And who the fuck are you? The cool police?

Maybe we could add that to OD?

I don't have time to browse all 10 pages, has this elucidated any plausible ideas or the like we might comment on?

Edit:

Just thought of something that seems semi-reasonable. A custom title for people who help out in OD, offering sourced/safe advice and who refrain from dissing people and hyperbole.

This!!

That makes a little sense. Maybe a mod picks 1 person a month he/she feels dispenses useful advice get's a title like 'friend of bluelight' or 'not a complete asshole'.

No....waste of time.

I recommended a Nootropic megathread, A few people seemed to think it might be a decent idea.

Nootropics (/noʊ.əˈtrɒpɨks/ noh-ə-TROP-iks), also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, neuro enhancers, cognitive enhancers, and intelligence enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that improve one or more aspects of mental function, such as working memory, motivation, and attention.[1][2] The word nootropic was coined in 1972 by the Romanian Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea,[3][4] derived from the Greek words νους nous, or "mind", and τρέπειν trepein meaning to bend or turn.[5]
wiki

peace

Maybe a stimulants thread?
Like it could include almost any stimulant. Propylhexedrine, Prolintane, Methiopropamine, a-PVP, and other obscure ones. It could also include NDRI type stimulants.

Last edited:
Why not create a branch of subforums for specific drugs and drug classes....You know...Something to similar to what Drugs-Forum.com has set up. It's almost like the original designer was going in that direction in the first place, but then after making the cannabis and steroid subforums, he/she just got lazy and created the Other Drugs subforum, you know a neat little place to throw over a dozen drug classes in at once. No need to be neat and tidy.

This portion of the website would be A LOT more organized and a hell of alot less chaotic and all over the place... so to speak.

Why not create a branch of subforums for specific drugs and drug classes....You know...Something to similar to what Drugs-Forum.com has set up. It's almost like the original designer was going in that direction in the first place, but then after making the cannabis and steroid subforums, he/she just got lazy and created the Other Drugs subforum, you know a neat little place to throw over a dozen drug classes in at once. No need to be neat and tidy.

This portion of the website would be A LOT more organized and a hell of alot less chaotic and all over the place... so to speak.

Drugs-forum sucks. I like our setup better.

They're some pompous pricks, I signed up for an account and got denied.... yet when you read the posts it's like they all have been shooting stupid-toxin with their drugs on purpose.

I agree, I don't think they offer anything positive that we should emulate. The amount of stupidity on that forum is rediculous, it's probably the childish layout that attracts the dumb.

Drugs-forum sucks. I like our setup better.

They're some pompous pricks, I signed up for an account and got denied.... yet when you read the posts it's like they all have been shooting stupid-toxin with their drugs on purpose.

I agree, I don't think they offer anything positive that we should emulate. The amount of stupidity on that forum is rediculous, it's probably the childish layout that attracts the dumb.

Oh my, I must have struck a chord or something. Why all this unjustified hate towards Drug-Forums.com? I mean, your anecdotal rants don't hold very much water as far as I'm concerned. Is it a competitive thing? From my perspective Drugs-Forum.com seems pretty legit. Not only that, but they don't spam it's users with advertisements or surveys. (That's not a shot at Bluelight by the way.) Not to mention, their "childish layout" is literally leagues above Bluelights. Honestly, It's like Drugs-Forum.com is the College grad of internet drug forums, whilst Bluelight is still in Highschool. Catch my drift? Again, I'm not dissing Bluelight, I'm just saying, it's forum design could use some major improvements.

Also, their heaver restrictions on account access really helps to weed out the shaft. Here at Bluelight, in the last month alone I've seen literally over a dozen new members make one post and then are never to be seen again.

But hey, just my 2.

Lol, more like DF is filled with kids with high school level drug information, whereas bluelight delves into more college level discussion. Drugs-forum is littered with so much misinformation and minors (at least it seems that way), that there was just no way I was gonna stick around on that site. A flashy, ugly ass 90's themed website layout isn't necessary, this site is about serious discussion on many aspects of drug use.

The DF layout seems like it was not only made for kids in middle school, but by kids in middle school (7-8th grade for international folk). If BL is the "highschool" of forums why are you here? :). Lemme guess, you also want a rating system for posts? Some fancy little gold stars as a job well done? Please... who the hell needs a billion subforums for every drug with stale discussion due to the sheer amount of sub-forums. Do you honestly have a hard time finding a drug now? It's not exactly rocket science...

The way it's set up now allows for wider discussion. If we make a subforum for RC's for example, you don't think people experienced with psychedelics can contribute to psychedelic RC discussion? What about the a-pvp user looking for proper ways of staying healthy during binge use... can a heavy coke or meth user not contribute to this discussion? The IV sedative user looking for IV tips? Why segregate? Makes no sense turning the simple system we have now into a thousand sub-forums for every subtle variation.

Your really gonna bring up the point of the one posters on bluelight? The grand majority of all DF users have like 100 posts and under, I'm not even... If you wanna refute this though, I'll gladly dig up at least three high post recent threads and prove my point. Here's one for starters, how many high post threads do you find on BL where 90% of the posters have under 100 posts? No bullshit, this was litteraly the first thread I pulled up, all I did was find a thread with a semi-high post count.

https://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=190016

But yes, your entitled to your 2c, as am I. This isn't a forum war, though I obviously find BL the better site, but my rebuttle as to why we shouldn't follow in their footsteps.

Last edited:
We don't need more fighting on this thread. I'll be unapproving any further arguing regarding drugs-forum. Same goes for the bickering that was going on above that too.

Keep in mind that we just had new staff added so good ideas may have slipped through the cracks. To address a couple things I saw:

- Zerr, IIRC their were no objections to your noopropic suggestion. I'll try and get an answer for you. Would you be willing to start this megathread?

- Breaking up OD into sub-forums has been discussed multiple times in the past. I personally think it would slow down OD too much and the megathreads and prefixes seem to be working well. There are many other reasons as well, which should be somewhere in this thread already.

- "Liking" posts and reputation points similar to drugs-forum are just not going to happen in OD. But I agree that it would b nice to be able to recognize members who regularly contribute valuable harm reduction information. It would be a good way for new members to know whether they're getting good advice or bullshit. Any else have any other thoughts on this?

If anyone has any other ideas that I missed please post them.