• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos How can I lower benzo tolerance?

You did a 6 mo taper from @3mg xanax and it was still hell.... Damn now I'm worried about taking 1mg a day. I take those instead of the k-pins prescribed. 1mg xanax works better for me then 1 mg k-pins. I've always heard you can switch to valiums [like you did] and slowly taper w/o much discomfort???

This method does minimize discomfort, especially relative to a more rapid taper or CT. Many people do still experience some discomfort, though.

Today is my first day off of my kpin taper only tapered to 1mg/day :( .. yesterday i took my last one..
This is gonna be fun, just quit suboxone a month ago and now klonopin :|

What am i gonna get high on now? i dont smoke weed.. coke is an option but i HATE it.. when i run out lol plus it fucks wit my bipolar.

I guess i am just done being a drug addict? I thought i was a lifer.
I gotta get a hobby besides drugs and practicing hapkido with a sword and throwing knives on the trees in my back yard.. anyone wanna fight? that would get the endorphins going.. but i don't wanna hurt anyone so you MUST have experience.
PM me and if we live near each other we can meet up and practice sparing or something.
Maybe a BL fight club or some shit, that'd be awesome.
/rambling

benzo tolerance is similar to any other drug.

you can quit, and it will not take all that long until if you use your pre-abstaining dose you will get extremely fucked up. but you will only get extremely fucked up for a dose or two. after that, your tolerance magically jumps up to only a step away from if you never quit. by the end of two weeks, it will be even worse than before you quit.

^Agreed.

^^(@HOOD) Dude, you need to go further than that. I know how much you used to use benzos, you definitely need to go lower than 1mg IMO!

^Agreed.

^^(@HOOD) Dude, you need to go further than that. I know how much you used to use benzos, you definitely need to go lower than 1mg IMO!

Dude, I've been on clonazepam for a few years now, and from my experience if you try and jump off at 1 mg you're going to be in for a hell of a withdrawal.
Talk to your doc, that's the best advice anyone could give. Sometimes they're a little more forgiving than you think...after all, they are people too--some still have a heart. Plus, they don't want a dead patient on their hands either. I've been through the whole seizure deal and it's noooo fun at allll.
My doc knew I was using waaay more than prescribed because of the same reason as yourself--it just didn't bring my anxiety back to baseline. But we worked out a taper program and we made a deal that if I stick to it, he'll keep on treating me fairly. He was glad I went to him, rather than the streets; then everyone was happy.

Dude, I've been on clonazepam for a few years now, and from my experience if you try and jump off at 1 mg you're going to be in for a hell of a withdrawal.
Talk to your doc, that's the best advice anyone could give. Sometimes they're a little more forgiving than you think...after all, they are people too--some still have a heart. Plus, they don't want a dead patient on their hands either. I've been through the whole seizure deal and it's noooo fun at allll.
My doc knew I was using waaay more than prescribed because of the same reason as yourself--it just didn't bring my anxiety back to baseline. But we worked out a taper program and we made a deal that if I stick to it, he'll keep on treating me fairly. He was glad I went to him, rather than the streets; then everyone was happy.

he wrote me a script last month for the months worth at 1mg/day (started @ 5mg clonaz and ~10mg phenaz so we've been tapering for about a year i think) and i saw him today when those ran out and he said at the end "come back in two weeks" i asked why and he said to see how you are doing without the benzos.. i thought he was refilling them for .5mg/day but he waited until i was already walking out to tell me that im cut off of benzos. i was pissed and im gonna have a shitty time ahead of me. fun :|

he wrote me a script last month for the months worth at 1mg/day (started @ 5mg clonaz and ~10mg phenaz so we've been tapering for about a year i think) and i saw him today when those ran out and he said at the end "come back in two weeks" i asked why and he said to see how you are doing without the benzos.. i thought he was refilling them for .5mg/day but he waited until i was already walking out to tell me that im cut off of benzos. i was pissed and im gonna have a shitty time ahead of me. fun :|

Wow that sucks man.

You can go to another doctor to continue tapering though; there is a good reason to get you down to 0.5mg per day, and then 0.25mg per day, just to minimize the suffering and/or potential withdrawal symptoms.

I have no experience with benzo addiction but if I developed that sort of habit, I surely wouldn't come off of that sort of a dose without further tapering.

Man I remember sweating bullets combing off that shit is fucking miserable. Double o go to a different dr, or tell yours you want to taper with Valium. The only painful part might be the transition from klonopin to Valium. If you even just go on it for a month it will save you.

I've been taking 4mg xanax daily for 5 years. Sometimes I take 10mg at most in a day, if I want to escape reality. I don't "feel" my regular does, but it does prevent anxiety attacks. If you want to get high benzos aren't really for you.

use less,less frequently.theres nothing more.its the only way to lower tolerance

I think the key is not "lowering tolerance", but preventing it in the first place.

Depending on how heavily you have used/abused benzos, and for how long, your tolerance may not go down very easily, if at all.

Benzo tolerance sticks around worse than tolerance to most other classes of drugs IMO. It's up there with amphetamine tolerance and opiate tolerance.

I would tend to disagree, but if you had said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightBeam
If you want to get high on one drug every day, then benzos aren't really for you.
then I would fully agree with you.

Benzos are good for getting high, but if you want to get high every day, it's a horrible choice, right up there with using alcohol every day to get high, if you ask me.

So its been 1 month since last script of 1 mg KPin, and I ate them all, so no benzos for a month. I got a refill on Wed, and ate 75mg of KPin in 5 days! I should be dead + I'm mixing heroin. This is crazy? My regular dose doesn't even help?

Anyone have an idea on what to do to get this damn tolerance down.

yeah dude. quit taking clonazepam one day, then nothing the next day, then clonazepam the next day, then nothing the next day..........and also, don't go abusing your c-pam's.

my most recent OD on benzos was 50 x 2.5 mg Lorazepam...tolerance is a bitch. so i suggest that either you see a doc, get some valium, taper off that shit, then live a benzo-free life! or if your really want it, try my advice (dont woz about seizures bro, mostly reserved for short-acting benzos.

also cross tolerance occurs with GHB, GBL, Alcohol, Non-Benzos, Pregabalin, Gabapentin etc.

Or you could try getting some Baclofen?

It might help you on your days off.

Definatly takes along time, i just got off a 6mg perscribed, but far more recreationayl, Kpin withdrawl blows man it sucked for two months but I took some today (only like 4 mg) I do this when I feel like going back too opiates ocassionaly and I feel nice and anxiety free but I never got high on my prescription dose's either.. time to find some bars!!:)

ALSO BENZOS ARE TERRIBLE IF ABUSED, have had over 6 grand maul serizues because of them, crashed a car split my chin getting ready in the morning luckily in most other ones I was safe I did pull out an IV having a second one once i was admitted

there u go. your old friend alcohol won't ever do weird shit to your brain or make u feel sketchy or paranoid or anything. long-long-term lots of negative consequences, but short term it's so manageable, easily acquired and socially accepted.

ha. i understand. really, i was only being partially sarcastic in the last post. yes, alcohol use has all kinds of health drawbacks, and i agree about how hypocritical it is that society accepts and glorifies alcohol use while demonizing other drugs which are equally or less harmful. but alcohol for me really is a staple. it keeps having pretty much the same effects on me with daily use since i was about 17-18, weekend use since around 13-14, and i'm 34 now. my tolerance is pretty high i guess, but i still catch a slight buzz drinking around 4 drinks in the evening every evening. i can still get wasted if i want to drink more pretty easily. it hasn't really changed much for me effect-wise--meaning both while drinking and afterwards like hangovers and such--since i was around 19. i have been physically dependent on alcohol at periods in my life, and detoxing is no fun. one of the worst really.

Benzo Tolerance will go down, but extremely slowly. It takes a minimum of 14 days before SWIY tolerance starts to go down, and it will go down after that but VERY VERY slowly. I quit for a month and was back at where I was a month ago, just taking 7MG of Xanax for my first dose, but a month ago 7MG was fine but after two days it became 20-40MG just to feel something. If SWIY used to take benzo's for sleep the rule is, after 7-10 days of continued use, where you don't fall asleep every time (if SWIY takes large amounts of coffee or opiates which tend to defeat the sleepiness of Benzo's) benzo's will no longer make SWIY sleepy, and they won't do it ever again too. Tolerance is painfully slow to rescind. Wait a whole month and SWIY will lower SWIY's tolerance some 10-30%, after that it will go down, but I am not sure how quickly it will as my longest break was 30 days. Thank you ya'll, stay safe. ONE thing I have learned that will lower benzo tolerance it taking Valium, at the equivalent of your other bezno dose, and then lowering it (tapering). I know people who have had serious problems with benzos who are down to have a tiny 5MG of Valium make them get off, people who used to take two bars of xanax every dose. So, get SWIY's doctor, and tell him you need to switch to valium and lower to dose to get yourself better. I just took 50MG of Valium and I don't feel it, I took 300MG of Oxazepam and didn't even feel it, Lorazepam is a joke too, but it always was for me. My favorite is Xanax and I also like Clonazepam. Diazapam is last resort. Tamazepam is I like too, but its harder to get on the street, there are other Benzos, but all I have taken is Alpraz, Loraz, Clonaz, Oxaz, and Tamaz. Those are the only ones doctors really prescribe here I have no problem stating that I took it, as I was prescribed them and bought them on the street (In Canada Benzo's are a Class IV Controlled Substance, meaning they are legal to purchase or possess without a script, only selling is illegal). I won't use SWIM because SWIM is someone who is me, but since I am not a doctor I will use SWIsn'tY, then again I may no more than most doctors due to my experience, still I am not a medical professional, so take that into advisement.