• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How bad is opiate withdrawal ?

I dont get why this argument comes up every time, why cant you people just admit you may not have a strong will to quit and that's why its not happening because i'll gladly admit that thats whats always been my issue...

the reason it keeps coming up is cause other dope heads like me wanna know why my will power will not take the pain away you ppl that think it is in your head had not used enough to go thru bad withdraws my pain does not leave after a few days it stays for weeks i've stoped using 1 time for 3 weeks and was still in bad pain i wanted to quit but you can only take the pain for so long

In that case, I am genuinly pleased for you.

But for the vast majority of H addicts - it is far from simple, and will power alone is generally not enough.

You obviously dont bother reading other peoples posts properly if you did you would have noticed that i recently relapsed and also i mentioned that i am not a strong willed person.

Last edited:
Really? I have never heard of anyone becoming physically addicted that fast, even when i relapsed last time i didn't get physically hooked again until after atleast 2-3 weeks of daily use....

Again, it depends on the person.

the reason it keeps coming up is cause other dope heads like me wanna know why my will power will not take the pain away you ppl that think it is in your head had not used enough to go thru bad withdraws my pain does not leave after a few days it stays for weeks i've stoped using 1 time for 3 weeks and was still in bad pain i wanted to quit but you can only take the pain for so long

Have you tried checking yourself into an in patient rehab? the only way i can get clean is by tapering with bupe, if done correctly you can pretty much avoid WD's altogether...

And who said anything about it all being in your head? I have been using heroin on and off for almost a decade so please dont try and tell me about opiate WD, go back and read my first post.

and yes i agree i know i can quit but the only way would be thru the use of methadone treatment cause suboxin or everhow you spell it lol does not even take the withdraw away for me and even with the methadone after i got clean from oc's i'd be hooked on methadone it would take over 6 month's to a year treat me and get me clean from everything thats with bringing me off the done after treatment but then what i've not been clean in 12 years

Willpower or not, there is no point going back and forth on the issue because the question of this thread has been solved. YES opiate withdrawl is that bad. No matter how much will power you have or not.

Willpower or not, there is no point going back and forth on the issue because the question of this thread has been solved. YES opiate withdrawl is that bad. No matter how much will power you have or not.

lmao yea it's bad and sorry if i offended anybody

Again, it depends on the person.

eggs actly!!!! a heroin buddy i used to have back in the day hardly showed the signes of withdrawl when i would be sneezing and water running out of my eyes, i felt like absolute dog shit, yet he would be ok....we always copped together and did the same amount of shit, his body just handled not having the drug way better than mine did...at one point he had like a bundle and a half day habit and it went dry for a couple days for us and he was still going to work, construction..i was a mess...it all depends on the person...

also i really do believe your body adapts to detoxing. my first detox from heroin was my second worse and i was only doing 1 or 2 bags a day sniffing it..the worst one was the 15 or more a day for like 6 months strait, that was HELL. but now i feel like i don't get as sick anymore??? who knows??

Its SO hard trying to explain dope WD to people that haven't been through it.

I mean, I can spew out a list of symptoms - but that doesn't still doesn't do it justice. Trying to explain the true horror of WD, IME - has been impossible.

^^^ Ah yes, never hang out with your "sickboy" friend while going through w/d's. Some people say that it helps them to see a person not doing so bad, but for me it makes me angry as hell because I feel that he is downgrading my struggle.

^^^ i agree only we know what we go thru like dude said i think it depends on the person and how their body handles it the truth is for me it's 1 of the worst things i've been thru in my life thats why i prefer to not go thru it

^^^ Ah yes, never hang out with your "sickboy" friend while going through w/d's. Some people say that it helps them to see a person not doing so bad, but for me it makes me angry as hell because I feel that he is downgrading my struggle.

it would actually make me feel better to see him ok..i would think g@d damn, i can't take this shit and look over at him thinking he had to be feeling the same way and feel like a pussy, so then i would be like ROCKY in ROCKY3 fighting mister T,fighting my WD--"you ain't so bad!!!" " you aint so bad, you aint nothin!!" for like 5 minutes, then go back to feeling sorry for myself.

i've made it pretty far at my house, maybe 2 or 3 days, and then would break down and use..i always had to in-patient

I've never known any other users to successfully WD - unless they were in jail.

Mentally it does seem easier in jail. But on the street you know if you get to bad where it could actually effect your long term health you can get some type of doctor to see you. In jail you're just fucked.

I've never known any other users to successfully WD - unless they were in jail.

yea and that sucks cause i might be getting 30 days in county next month and if i do all i'll get is 3 tab 10's a day i hope that will hold me over cause i do not wanna wd in jail fuck that i'd hurt somebody going thru wd in jail cause nobody wants to be around a bunch of ppl when they are going thru withdraw little to no sleep for a month

Last edited:
^ 3 tab 10's ?

Whats that, Methadone?

fuck i wish it's only lortab 10's lol if it was methadone i'd not be as sad cause that would help alot better i just don't wanna wd in jail it's bad enough withdrawing at home

W/D from Subutex was absolute hell. The worst of it lasted nearly 3 weeks.
I suffered from SEVERE depression, anger, lethergy, body pains, horrible restless legs, difficulty sleeping, feelings of hopelessness, flu like symptoms, although, I did not have much GI problems. I thought it would never end. I punched an end table during the worst of my w/d, breaking the legs of the table. This was the worst I have ever felt in my 23 years of life, worse than any flu, or stept throat, or even when I had Scarlet Fever.

all in all. BEWARE. The mix of the psychological torture and physical torture of opiate w/d is terrible, and I made it through. It was very very difficult. Goodluck, and I sympathize with anyone going through w/d. Take care.