• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc How afraid do I need to be using benzoes for stim comedowns if required?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
I would like to experiment again with 2-fa in small doses maybe once every week or two.

Never had issues with stim usage apart from very minor as I was learning them. but always had trouble sleeping but those days I would take large rec doses and at night

I have alot better idea of what I want to do with the substance now and dont want any heavy doses.

So ideally I wouldnt have to use benzoes at all. It would just be during the time when I learn the doses to avoid having a panic attack when the stim wore off and/or to avoid a sleepless night.

even when ive had benzoes tho Ive been too afraid of them to let them work as I would just stay awake with worry wondering if I am going to become addicted to them. Its like I would force myself to not enjoy the experience to make sure I wouldnt want to take them again.

i worry if each time you take a dose it corrodes your willpower to want to take them more.

I even had some zopiclone given by my doctor and never used it due to fear of addiction.

Is my worry warranted?

Ive read a few cases of how ppl would use benzoes just for comedowns to begin with and ended up addicted. Now how careful they were with their dosing schedules I don't know.

Last edited:
^while it's always good to be pre-cautious, I think your worry is bordering a little on paranoia. If you were to use a benzo once a week you would not be risking any withdrawal symptoms. Now I don't know how psychologically addictive you'll find benzos but IMO I find them (alone) to have little recreational value. It's not like opiates which a lot of people have the experience of trying them once and falling in love, with benzos most people don't even feel much from sedation, and will end up taking too many and blacking out because they're expecting some type of mind blowing euphoria. I'm not at all suggesting that's what it sounds like you're hoping for, quite the opposite.

If you're worried that much though you might want to try serequel to help you crash, I think it's actually much more effective and there's no risk of psychological or physical addiction.

^Exactly, if you can stick to using benzos once every week / every two weeks I don't see a problem
And as Znegative said, there are other substances like Seroquel or hydroxizine that are not as addictive

alright cool.

nono non of that antihistamine shit for me. Cant fathom how that is helpful to anyone wanting to calm down. For me they just send me into a state of delrium at any dose. Absolutely horrible feeling and that feeling of being so dry.

No, from the ones Ive tried, gabaergics I definitely get on well with.

One other issue I have with benzoes is most of their half lives are so fucking long with their active metabolites. I thought pyrazolam seemed the best however that too is 17 hours. I like things with just a few hours half life so you can better control how long they are affecting you so as not to bleed into the next day.

What about a z-benzo then?
It takes longer to get dependent and they send you to sleep pretty easily.

What about a z-benzo then?
It takes longer to get dependent and they send you to sleep pretty easily.

It depends on the person... for me Zolpidem was probably the most euphoric prescription drug I ever did, significantly more anxiolytic and disinhibiting than Alprazolam/Clonazepam/Diazepam, and at times even psychedelic. And yes, a stim/GABAergic combo can be extremely addictive, especially if you're the person who's always looking for the "perfect" state of mind and you decide to start taking the benzos even before the crash to take the edge off the stimulation. Been there, done that and all.

(on a sidenote, I believe the slang term "Z-Benzo" is exclusive to the German language; the English term - both among medical professionals and recreational users - is "Z-drugs")

^Interesting, I always thought that they are too selective to be good anxiolytics

Thanks for letting me know :)