• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin How addictive is heroin?

witnesshopper

Bluelighter
I'm aware it's extremely addictive but you always hear these stories about how 1 hit and you're addicted, hearing that just sounds a bit unbelievable, but I've never tried it, how true is this, also people who have used it how would you describe the feeling, just a bit curious, ty in advance.

Heroin isn't for everyone. You have to be a certain type of person for it to truly catch.

I remember the first time i tried morphine at 16 years old. The night I tried it I had been fighting with my girlfriend. I had a bottle of morphine sitting on my shelf (I took it after my friend's dad died of cancer and the label made it look like a bad ass thing to have: a bottle of morphine). It sat there on my shelf for months, but that night I wanted some escape, so I took only 20mg, sat on the sofa and just sort of melted away. That night I slept like I hadn't since I was an infant, and I awoke to a beautiful shining California day, the sun and the trees took on this warmer quality. I was immediately an opiate addict.

So for people like me, it can be the case. For others they just get sick.

Heroin isn't for everyone. You have to be a certain type of person for it to truly catch.

I remember the first time i tried morphine at 16 years old. I felt "better". The night I tried it I had been fighting with my girlfriend, I had a bottle of morphine sitting on my shelf (I took it after my friend's dad died of cancer and label made it look like a bad ass thing to have: a bottle of morphine). I took only 20mg, sat on the sofa and just sort of melted away, I felt at peace. That night I slept like I hadn't since I was an infant, and I awoke to a beautiful shining California day, the sun and the trees took on this warmer quality. I was immediately an opiate addict.

ah ok interesting, ty for the response I appreciate it

You’ll probably puke the first time doing it and that alone may forever scare you away from it , but soon after the puking stops the good part of smack grabs you and consumes your soul…

I just get nauseous - I hate opioids…
I hate prescription pill opiates. Give me a steady supply of morphine watch me turn into a junky as if I am better somehow than one nope basically am one just not opioids still have felt drugs we're gonna kill me numerous times but haven't OD'd.

I guess I am saying sniffing pure morphine powder didn't make me sick but it was too nice for me to do again in my right mind if I knew opiate users I would probably ask for heroin as when I drink I don't do anything I know is good for me and I am a bad active drunk it just isn't my thing opiates I don't know any users either that alone keeps me away

Oxy made me more itchy than anything I have done was given some once never did it again never really sought it

I don't see heroin making me sick if I try it. I would blow it I know what they say once you get a feel for banging it...

I don't have a craving for it though. I know the part of town you can find some asking on the street too.

Last edited:
I’ve insufflated a tenth of a 200mg IR tablet of Diaphin once, which is a Swiss pharmaceutical preparation of diamorphine. It felt very good ngl, hands down the best opioid I’ve tried but I haven’t craved for it or thought about it much, eversince.

For me, opioids are highly side-effect rich drugs which makes them pretty unattractive to me. Physical side-effects like itching and nausea while on it, constipation, rebound nausea and circulation problems for two days afterwards (even after single use), and psychological rebound effects like agitation and depression, also for solid two days.

I can still see why some people would throw their life away for this stuff though, because it’s very good at dissolving all your worries and problems while seemingly increasing the love for what you have and who you are. It’s the perfect anti-depressant in a sense because it’s manipulating you to think that your life is absolutely amazing, as long as you’re on it. Pretty scary to think about when you’ve tried it, but I still wouldn’t consider it to be much more addictive than morphine, oxycodone and the likes. It’s more euphoric for sure, but if you’ve tried stronger opioids without any issues before I don’t think this will make for a huge difference.

I urge you to be very cautious though and to really think this through. Once you try it you obviously can’t untry it and you will remember this feeling for a very long time. If you have had addiction problems or addictive tendencies in the past, or you have a "thing" for opioids, or depressants in general, I advise against trying it. Curiousity got the best of me too, and it luckily didn’t lead to any issues but it isn’t like that for everyone.

Besides, international Heroin quality is at an all-time low, so make sure what you have is actually Heroin. I suggest sending some in for lab-testing or at least buy a set of reagents to test for the presence of fentanyl. Start with a very low-dose and don’t redose too early. Stay safe!

I’ve insufflated a tenth of a 200mg IR tablet of Diaphin once, which is a Swiss pharmaceutical preparation of diamorphine. It felt very good ngl, hands down the best opioid I’ve tried but I haven’t craved for it or thought about it much, eversince.

For me, opioids are highly side-effect rich drugs which makes them pretty unattractive to me. Physical side-effects like itching and nausea while on it, constipation, rebound nausea and circulation problems for two days afterwards (even after single use), and psychological rebound effects like agitation and depression, also for solid two days.

I can still see why some people would throw their life away for this stuff though, because it’s very good at dissolving all your worries and problems while seemingly increasing the love for what you have and who you are. It’s the perfect anti-depressant in a sense because it’s manipulating you to think that your life is absolutely amazing, as long as you’re on it. Pretty scary to think about when you’ve tried it, but I still wouldn’t consider it to be much more addictive than morphine, oxycodone and the likes. It’s more euphoric for sure, but if you’ve tried stronger opioids without any issues before I don’t think this will make for a huge difference.

I urge you to be very cautious though and to really think this through. Once you try it you obviously can’t untry it and you will remember this feeling for a very long time. If you have had addiction problems or addictive tendencies in the past, or you have a "thing" for opioids, or depressants in general, I advise against trying it. Curiousity got the best of me too, and it luckily didn’t lead to any issues but it isn’t like that for everyone.

Besides, international Heroin quality is at an all-time low, so make sure what you have is actually Heroin. I suggest sending some in for lab-testing or at least buy a set of reagents to test for the presence of fentanyl. Start with a very low-dose and don’t redose too early. Stay safe!
ty for the advice, I'm still thinking abt it and I've always been more of an upper guy anyways if I go through with it I will ofc start low and test it, ty again!

I remember the first time i tried morphine at 16 years old. The night I tried it I had been fighting with my girlfriend. I had a bottle of morphine sitting on my shelf (I took it after my friend's dad died of cancer and the label made it look like a bad ass thing to have: a bottle of morphine). It sat there on my shelf for months, but that night I wanted some escape, so I took only 20mg, sat on the sofa and just sort of melted away. I felt at peace. That night I slept like I hadn't since I was an infant, and I awoke to a beautiful shining California day, the sun and the trees took on this warmer quality. I was immediately an opiate addict.

Mate i can feel what you saying after years of crank i came to UK and my life was manic doing coke starting a home with my wife who came with selling coke to have my supply out all night cheating and the rest . One day after a 2 day session we were feeling shit my pal goes shall we have a boot my life changed . I smoked some and i feel in love i relaxad never got sick just went home with some gear sizzled a lot of it but i fell in love saved my marriage my wife was shocked made me promise never to ionject in 15 years of using never used the needle .

Like negrogesic said its not for everyone but why risk it its like a cunt of a wife you cant live without its a nightmare but the makeup sex is great read that on here makes sense . With coke or crank it mental the wd but with heroin it cripples you you want to jump out of your body and run away

Last edited:
For others they just get sick
Never used heroin but I'm one of those others that had to "acquire a taste" for morphine. I used it for pain managment and I couldn't get what was all the hype about. It made me sick at first but I pushed through the "side effects". Then it made me agitated, but I pushed through that one also cause once again I could do my job without screaming from pain. Then I got dependent and the greatest high was when it stopped the withdrawal. For me morphine is too hard on my body, causes too much histamine release, makes my head hurt in a weird way and makes me anxious. But it does good yob with killing the pain. Maybe other ROA, as I used MST Contin orally, would yield the different result. I would take oxycodone, methadone or even buprenorphine if had too choose an opioid for fun.

But there is one big difference - I never used heroin and besides kratom all my opioids were pharmaceuticals taken orally. So I am maybe not a hood persone to leave a reply on a thread with this title.

I wasn’t instantly addicted to heroin when I tried my first bump at say 18, but I feel deep in my soul from the first time I ate Vicodin I was in love with opiates.

When I finally found a Oxycodone 30 mg connect, after that first line, it was all over for me.

Maybe the first time won’t get you, but if you try it you’re just that more likely.

To put in perspective what heroin has done to my life:

12 detoxes / rehabs, 7 sober living, $100,000 in rehab bills, lost jobs, ruined relationships, 2.5 OUIs (beat one), reckless driving, fleeing the scene ( I crashed into a guard rail but kept going cause I was on my way to buy more heroin and someone called me in) hit and run. That landed me a 12 month jail sentence. my driving record is like book. Multiple overdoses, a minor stroke, financial devastation, yes I’d buy heroin over paying my rent.

Oh and by the way all that from age 21-27 only 6 years.

Just read that paragraph and think twice before you call the devil up.

I wasn’t instantly addicted to heroin when I tried my first bump at say 18, but I feel deep in my soul from the first time I ate Vicodin I was in love with opiates.

When I finally found a Oxycodone 30 mg connect, after that first line, it was all over for me.

Maybe the first time won’t get you, but if you try it you’re just that more likely.

To put in perspective what heroin has done to my life:

12 detoxes / rehabs, 7 sober living, $100,000 in rehab bills, lost jobs, ruined relationships, 2.5 OUIs (beat one), reckless driving, fleeing the scene ( I crashed into a guard rail but kept going cause I was on my way to buy more heroin and someone called me in) hit and run. That landed me a 12 month jail sentence. my driving record is like book. Multiple overdoses, a minor stroke, financial devastation, yes I’d buy heroin over paying my rent.

Oh and by the way all that from age 21-27 only 6 years.

Just read that paragraph and think twice before you call the devil up.
sorry to hear that, hope your doing better now I'm definitely thinking it through and it won't be a split decision, ty for the words

sorry to hear that, hope your doing better now I'm definitely thinking it through and it won't be a split decision, ty for the words

I had a lot of fun with basically every drug on the planet, but opiates man there different.

Stick with weed, alcohol, cocaine, mdma. You’ll thank me later.

the first and only time i tried heroin. i snorted a bindles worth i guess one dose . and instantly knew to never try it again cause i loved it. that was around 15yrs ago and and have small cravings for it ever since. i have always loved opiates since a dental procedure in the 5th grade back in 1980. the person who gave me the bindle assured me you cant get hooked by snorting it or trying it one time. bullshit!!

It's excellent that you're really thinking this through, sounds like you're weighing up the pros and cons which is great. My question is, if you're having to think it through, does that mean you have your hesitations about it? And if so, could you decide to just avoid it? If there is such a high risk of getting addicted, why not make the informed decision to just not try it in the first place?

It's excellent that you're really thinking this through, sounds like you're weighing up the pros and cons which is great. My question is, if you're having to think it through, does that mean you have your hesitations about it? And if so, could you decide to just avoid it? If there is such a high risk of getting addicted, why not make the informed decision to just not try it in the first place?
yes I'm hesitant to try it but unfortunately I'm at a very low point in my life right now and I recently found the opportunity to purchase some, I've been at a very low point for a while and there is unfortunately no end in sight, but I am aware not taking it at all is the smart thing to do

yes I'm hesitant to try it but unfortunately I'm at a very low point in my life right now and I recently found the opportunity to purchase some, I've been at a very low point for a while and there is unfortunately no end in sight, but I am aware not taking it at all is the smart thing to do
I hear ya man. There are much better ways to deal with the lows, than to get hooked on heroin. You could potentially discover a whoooollllle new world of lows that you never thought imaginable, if you get addicted to H.