Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Hosting a warehouse party

The-Future

Bluelighter
My 21st is coming up and me and a friend are planning to throw a party in a warehouse. We've sent out an open invite on facebook (kept the address hidden) and in just couple days the attendance list has grown to over 1,000.

We're planning on hiring a few DJ's, a couple security guards, sound gear and lighting. I'm going to do up a guest list of about 300 people and only those on the list can enter. Entry will be $5.

I was just wanting to know if there's anyone out there that has had an experience throwing a party like this and if you have any advice.

Best Advice - Don't do it unless you have someone working with you thats done it before. Scout your locations and make sure you have contingencies covered. It also helps to have a slush fund to dip into when expenses start to grow greater than planned. 50-70% of what you spent on the overall party is a good rule of thumb.

Also, thats just the basics. It really helps to consult with someone experienced.

Another bit of advice...if you are hoping to cover costs...good luck! Most warehouse parties like this will definitely be done at a loss...most likely quite a considerable loss. And if you get a fine from the cops then that's going to blow it out even more. And if someone overdoses, then you might want to consider further issues.

My suggestion: Hire a club for the night.

The-Future, I know it's a really cool idea to have a warehouse party for your 21st....but in reality you're probably not going to have as very relaxing and fun evening. If you are the organiser of the party you're going to have all kinds of stressors throughout the evening, especially if there are random people attending (i.e. an open invite on facebook).

My advice would be to either have a private rave with ONLY your friends, and make it invitation only, or perhaps as zemullman suggested hire a club for the night. Then you can relax and enjoy the evening and get as loose as you like, rather than running around all night having to make sure things go as planned and worrying about random mishaps occurring.

I would seek the assitance of the "Samoan Mafia" or your local bikie gang. Most club houses are more than happy to host such events, with the added bonus you know that security will be tight. They come with a fee but there are plenty of bonuses. "A couple of security guards" vs over 1000 uninvited guests is a recipe for trouble.

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna talk to a mate that runs a club night and try move it there.

I've done it before, and never found it as bad as what some of the other posters say. When i've put on parties i've got friends to DJ and bring their own PA and usually the person who owns the warehouse runs the bar.

But it is true that you will spend alot of your time running around "organising" stuff before, during and after the party.

loads of ways this can be done cheaply and easily.

it's all about connections though.

The-Future, bro... Party first, worry about it later. Sounds dumb but it's the only way to have a truly kick ass party. Don't let the oldies rain on your parade man. :D

never done this myself, but i would imagine registering the party with the police and most certainly letting people in the area know about it would be a good idea. i saw in the cop shop the other day a pamphlet about registering your party with the police. had a few questions about how alcohol was served, might be a bit of hassle. I'd just imagine with a really huge party the cops are going to find out about it no matter what and come there, so its best if they have your contact information and you put your best foot forward.

i think its more for house parties though, but i'd imagine a warehouse wouldnt be a bad idea either. anyone ever registered a party with the cops? i can totally see it backfiring though, so its all just speculation really...

What city are you going to be partying in?

Know a few warehouse venues in Sydney.

It's not that difficult to do, the ones in sydney are fairly well setup and prepared

i think its more for house parties though, but i'd imagine a warehouse wouldnt be a bad idea either. anyone ever registered a party with the cops? i can totally see it backfiring though, so its all just speculation really...

Have done it with a large houseparty here in Adelaide and the chick/officer I told about the party was like "Why are you telling me this?"

This is good and you also have need to call the DJ's because they are very best Hosting the show's and have a great and best communication skills i am personally telling you that i am a big fan of these DJ's and Emcees because they are doing very well work and make your party special in your life to host this party but the most important thing is that you must be give them a theme of your party for their information that what kind of hosting they have to need in your party....

Singapore Emcee Services

Last edited:
make sure your soundsystem is up to scratch
keep on side with the local council with regards to sound levels and throwing out times
make sure there is easy access to water