• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Horrible sores after first meth use help

It's not a BS post, I've experienced nearly the same thing after smoking meth. If you do a high enough dose to get dry mouth, you can have sores after one session. I even cut my painfully inflamed taste buds off with nail clippers the same way.

When I do meth too long and don't water my mouth somehow, I always end up with a sore on the left side of my tongue. It's very painful and makes it hard to eat.

This is caused by dry mouth. Dry mouth makes your mouth sensitive to developing sores.

If you're sticking nail clippers in your mouth, yes indeed you are smoking way too much of something, maybe not meth though.

But I've been there, a serious, weird, all-day long smoking session can dry out your mouth (but not meth itself), and seemed to cause white painless bumps on the sides of my tongue. They went away within 12 hours, and never came back, despite dramatically increased doses many times since.

I don't know what they were, but they didn't need nail clippers, jebus, don't do that! That's like horror movie shit.

1. Meth is terribly corrosive to teeth and gums
2. Your cold sores are because when theres a tonne of dopamine flowing around your immune system becomes very weak + lack of nutrition and sleep = compromised immune system
3. cold sores are caused by a virus, normally takes 2 weeks before the first symptoms of this virus appear
4. meth is often cut with god knows what aand can do damage to tissue

Gotta get bitchy and pedantic in the morning on someone, sorry

1. Meth is terribly corrosive to teeth and gums

Not really, no. Meth mouth is what happens to poor people in America with or without meth, and homeless and addicts anyway. We used to just call them toothless hillbillies.
Meth is not battery acid, people. There'll be more "acid" in a shot of orange juice. But rinse your mouth and stay hydrated anyway.
Cocaine's an anesthetic or it'd burn your nostrils too.

2. Your cold sores are because when theres a tonne of dopamine flowing around your immune system becomes very weak + lack of nutrition and sleep = compromised immune system
Dopamine has nothing to do with it. (There are also two OTHER neurotransmitters involved everyone forgets about, and being all body-wired is probably all the norepinephrine flowing around). But, yeah, stress can fuck your immune system, activate trasnsposons, latent viral infections.

3. cold sores are caused by a virus, normally takes 2 weeks before the first symptoms of this virus appear
Ok, yeah, except you probably already have the virus, since your were a baby; stress can cause a rapid outbreak, not that OP had cold sores.

4. meth is often cut with god knows what aand can do damage to tissue
Cutters could damage tissue. Although so does mouthwash.

It's the lifestyle more than the drug. And OP was dreaming.

I got really bad sores from adderall from absrasion just my tongue against my teeth inthink id do it when inwasnsleeping because id wakeup with horrible mouh pain

Wow. this is insane. I've seen some people tweaked out but I can't believe anyone would cut off their taste buds! my boyfriend gets really scitzo when he does meth and sees things accuses me of poisoning him, cheating, all kinds of shit. As for the sores, I get them on my tongue every time I've done meth and shoot it so its not just from smoking it.