• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Horrible devastating DMT trip

do you know what dose you smoked, and if its possible there was any 5-meo-dmt in it? its very very potent and a few mgs can really catch you off guard.

All I can offer is it nod my head in your direction, tip my hat to you as a fellow psychonaught across hyperspace and say good on you for having the courage to make the investigation, the universe is a fucking whacky place, i'm kind of placing my metaphysical hopes and bets on it all being a divine comedy, that the zen masters are right, that in the end all that's left is laughter.

That thought gives me hope, and hope is a rare and special commodity to have.

peace

So true =)

Use your fears as your fuel for positivity
edit: didn't know this was an old post woops, hope dude is alright.

Don't throw it away, handle it with respect - not fear. Just avoid taking it for fun, without any preparation or devotion... some people may learn to use DMT recreationally but for me personally it would not work. Because I have tried using it somewhat casually, like it sounds the guy in the OP did and I got my ass handed to me. I experienced thought patterns and things that happened to me moments ago, but the events I saw before my eyes were twined and braided into a loop making me think I was hopelessly insane.
However when I consider it like the deeply spiritual sacrement it is, take the time (30-60 minutes or so) to meditate and to take a hard and honest look at the concurrent thoughts and feelings I am living with - if I do all that preparation before taking it, I can maintain peace while feeling like a rocket is launched. The point is not that I have experience with this psychedelics and others, but that the preparation as an extension of your set and setting can make a world of difference. And that setting up a frame of reference for what you are doing can make it much more possible to integrate the experience. Yes it is still insanely out of this world, and there are limitations to how you can prepare for it just like knowing something does not make you realize it in your heart... but I truly believe that the experience is as open and honest to you as you are to yourself when you take it.

I wont throw it away, im sry. I understand it better now, thanks :) Its like u eat the whole piece of chicken because the poor beast has died for it. Only this is like the ash of a holy chicken 8o
Taking DMT seems a bit like roulette to me. Dont know anything about medetation. What bothers me most is that u cant be sure about the dose. Normally with psh. u can just take a low dose first time.. anyway i will try it when i feel im ready. Havent tried LSD yet and i think i will go for that first.

Excellent thread. I've learnt more useful information from here than I did the entire time at high school.
Dmt sure does explain it all very cryptically and it takes a bit of confidence to gain their trust, but once you have it there is vast amounts of knowledge on tap.

Play this problem through the hologram theory (all parts reflect the whole): which would also explain the computer simulation theory some what. That being the universe is a computer simulation ergo computer simulation is the universe. An echo within an echo. Mandelbrot fractal. Like a circle whose centre is everywhere, whose circumference is nowhere.

Conclusion: It is neither true nor false

This is where people generally find the 'All Is One' paradigm. Push it further by:

playing this through General semantics: All is seen through subjective 'reality tunnels'. Ultimately Discordian. A 'maybe' (Schrödinger's cat). It all links back together like Korzybski's parabola.

Conclusion: It is neither true nor false and it is true and it is false.

"The map is not the territory." - Korzybski's (the words that describe the map is not the territory)

The Universe consists of non-simultaneously apprehended events - Robert Anthony Wilson

The best way to describe it would be in E-Prime, exclude all nouns and 'I'.

"where does it all end? Ah it doesn't!" - Robert Anton Wilson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7e5_dc9phA&list=TLBqlBXqAbE_k

...reach back into the parabola for more constructs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE1iOM9FqBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-7zYBKgzfs

p.s. careful to not get stuck in the 'All is One' paradigm...after all it is just a paradigm

Last edited:
I dont know who you are (didler.johnson), but I've read this whole thing, and I am crying right now reading that you are ok. I wish I knew you - I am lost somewhere in here. But I love you, and know that, even if I am not real, I am thankful for your experiences. Namaste my friend.

Hey, how are you doing these days.

I had the very same experience , It was the most horrible ,debilitating realization I have ever come too . its been a few months. I am still recovering.

You MUST accept that the drug induced experience was a powerful demonic delusion with the intent to completely neutralize you, and remove you from participating in True Life. The design of the Enemy who you unwittingly allowed access to your psyche also hopes by this delusion to inoculate you from ever receiving help since you doubt anyone else exists. Please KNOW that there is such a thing as Truth, Life and a WAY. His name is Jesus. Truth is not a philosophy, or an experience but a Person, Jesus. Only His Reality is truth. All other so called "realities" no matter how compelling are a lie of the Enemy Satan. Know that Satan does not love you,or want to enlighten you. His goal is to harm (rob , steal and destroy).and he is good at it, he has been a Deceiver from the beginning. Mainly he does not want you to know Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and the Peace He alone offers which is true peace. Drugs afford your enemy a means to bypass your reason and intellect and deposit a POWERFUL lie that like a seed planted, takes root and grows. I am here and now telling you and anyone else who may wander here to grasp that Jesus is the ONLY "TRUTH, LIFE and WAY". All else (Zen, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, and of course mind altering drugs like LSD and DMT) are ways of keeping truth seekers and experience-seekers distracted long enough in this life with these truth-alternatives entertained long enough to eventually die or go insane and miss out on the salvation and sanity available, Christ.

Last edited:
My first dmt trip was disturbingly similar to that. I tried it again two weeks later to rid myself of the experience and had a great time. That shit is evil man it's just an evil tortured soul trying to fuck with you. But being trapped in that place is really terrifying I understand just have a stronger will than those spirits.

I have never done it, but try and think about it like this.

Many people have had extremely strong "revelations" when on heavy drugs, yet many of them are different for different individuals. Therefore the chances of your experience being exactly the way it is is extremely low. Even you yourself have had convincing ideas (you in other bodies) about reality in the past and you no longer believe them to be real as they were trumped by this new belief.

Think about the billions of people in this world that have firmly held adamant beliefs. Many think there way of thinking is correct when it differs greatly from others who also believe in there own ideas. It seems they can't both be right about these universal ideas and therefore almost everyone is either wrong or incapable of being proven right.

In other words "we all don't know" I don't know how exactly how all things work and my guess is neither do you. Take solace in the fact that you don't know how everything works and that you will never truly know. Appreciate the open endedness of the unknown and not being limited to a rigid reality.

I am not saying spirituality or firmly held improvable beliefs can't be extremely beneficial to some, and if it is keep your faith. However, I don't see the reason to grasp onto a belief that is making you miserable when it probably, almost definitely, is not true. I am under the impression that know one knows exactly how things work, but then again I could be wrong. Admitting that we don't know is a bit relieving. Try to do good onto others and enjoy this life for what it is because it might not come again on repeat like you believe.

Also talk to your family or friends. Loved ones may be a better source to think about things like this than a spirit conjured from smoking a heavy hallucinogen.
I realize most things are easier said than done but try to appreciate the fact that we don't know!

Great thread

One thing thats really apparent, DMT is fukin serious!

I dunno if I would dare smoke it after reading this thread, it wouldn't be a light decision!

Had the SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME. to this day I don't know if I'm the only real thing. If you are still suffering the only way I could "reset" my brain was to get addicted to percocet... Its hard to explain. Welcome to Christianity! Lol.

Hello Didier,

I believe you just remembered something we don't want to. Ultimate tabboo is to know who we are. we are the imagination of ourselves. We are existence playing at becoming an infinite number of beings... imagining to become such, as we are alone. We are existence, and existence is only one, because what doesn't exist can't exist. Therefore, we must forget our true nature and imagining, dream and believe we are many, so we can fool ourselves with the illusion of company. Call it the big bang: https://www.facebook.com/notes/henry-chinaski/gnostic-light/316311165085712

Applecore I've had that revelation that you speak of before, me being you in a different body with a different personality etc. But this was different in the fact that you weren't me in a different body you were just a hologram so to speak devoid of conciousness, I did believe the revelation you said for quite some time until this trip.

Why is it different? You'll never be sure if the rest of the people/objects are "real" or posses a consciousness of their own, but if you change your mindset from "I'm the only person in the whole universe and everything else is fake and non-existent (so to speak)" to "I am the whole, the universe and everything it has to offer" you may find that this dream is just that, a dream. When you have, for example, a conversation with someone while on a dream, the next day you don't feel like it was totally worthless do you? I mean, if you dreamt you won the lottery and you realize it's not true you'll be like aawhh crap, but it goes away in minutes.

What I'm trying to say is, don't underestimate the presence of what you may call real or unreal, because if existence can be described in two words they'd be FUCKING SUBJECTIVE and each and every experience is as real and unreal at the same time as any. What you now consider holograms may be just you interacting with different versions of yourself in different stages of spiritual/psychological development (representing the whole that your are). Try to go back to what you thought. I'm not sure about this, but I don't think you felt as if your current version of yourself was the only consciousness existing forever. I believe you faced a truth that with the wrong mindset (you are only and forever the same physical entity) would bring you down like this. I think so because a I had a similar experience than yours.

I don't know man, I had the same situation as you, but just inverted. First I felt your loneliness and then I evolved into this new perspective.

Hope this helps and that I'm not repeating what someone else already said and I couldn't realize it..

Take care
14.gif

great thread; it seems a lot of people like me have had this experience and understood and realized what it was.....

You kinda have to have the direct experience its super powerful and paradigm shattering; Sadly once you awaken you cannot go back to sleep; your life will never be the same

#GodModeActivated

I had the exact same experience as you did except I didn't take any artificial DMT, I briefly died when I was 15 years old in a friends garage after falling onto the concrete floor....When I was unconscious, I was taken to a pitch-black void where the only thing that existed was a pinpoint of light, which was my soul. Something that I could not see was telepathically communicating to me that my whole life had been an illusion. That I had been allowed to imagine the whole thing. I instantly was aware that time had been an illusion also, and that there was no beginning or end to time, it has always existed. I also could 'feel' the certainty that I was going to be stuck in this black void for eternity, alone. Forever. Nothing else existed or had ever existed. Talk about an ego-crush. This mentally scarred me for a long time. I was not a religious person at the time, and had no real concept of God but this was definitely a God-like experience. After some research, I realized that DMT was released into my body when I died, so I basically died and had a bad trip.....I was a troubled teen at the time. Depressed, etc....Hopefully, my final DMT experience will be a good trip, but what did my experience mean?

After many years of research, I have been able to connect my experience to the writings in the Gnostic Scriptures which tells the tale of a multi-dimensional 'fetal' looking race of beings that had a hand in our creation a long time ago. They are devoid of souls like our own. I believe the void could be a 'manufactured' event that is interfering with our natural journey back to the 'source'....Basically, some alien assholes who have been around a lot longer than we have are fucking with us because they think they own us.....and our government knows all about it....DMT is probably a chemical 'portal' of some sorts....Sometimes you go here...Sometimes you go there.....Weird indeed.

Last edited: