• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

hipsters everywhere!?

LOL

There are always hipsters in Portland, some scummier than others. Seattle folks, I understand your pain! I might be visiting in about 2 weeks (work) and if anyone's down for making fun of hipsters, I'm sure I can get into the spirit. :D

freehugs, oh no, have they invaded California?

maybe this is the "zombie apocalypse" end of the world type shit... the mayans predicted hipster takeover!!

Why would someone wear non-prescription glasses? I will happily swap vision with them and they can be short sited.

I think the glasses thing is fucking retarded. I wanna break every pair of non prescription glasses I see on people...

my black, thick framed buddy holly's are prescription, but i suppose you wouldn't know it by looking at me. would ya still want to smash them? =P

hipster is an over used term. i think my personal definition is someone attempting to take on an urban look/lifestyle on their parent's trust fund/completely different background.
there's different little boxes. some crusty punk types i sometimes describe as "pirate hipsters", then you have the raver candy kid types with neon shit and the fake glasses who are a little clan too. i don't take the word too seriously. you get the people describing anyone dressing in skinny jeans with a floppy haircut as a hipster which is just ridiculous, as those styles go back decades. oh the retro/vintage thing too, which i've always been into, is "hipster" to some. meh. it all starts to sound like what rednecks would use to describe anyone cultured when it's overused.

I don't get what all the hate is about.

Most hipsters I've met are under 25. Most people I know, including myself, were fashion disasters at that age, but thought we were cool. It's just part of growing up and trying to discover yourself.

Plus, it seems like hipster fashion is a weird transition into something else, kind of like how the early 90's were.

I don't mind hipsters. I don't mind most people. :)
Exactly same as me.
I can't imagine retaining sane mind if I should feel disgusted about somebody just because he wears this or that, looks like this or that.. Sometimes I find some people appearance or their "style" (funny though how most of those people who think they have unique style are the biggest copypastas though) funny but I sure don't dislike nor hate them for it.

I don't really care what anyone wears or what they look like, and in a lot of ways, I fit into the same stereotypes...Although, there are certain fashion choices I could point to that I would associate with the term "hipster"....

I've hung around at coffee shops and played music, and when to shows for years, so it's just humorous to me.....

People pretending that their these "really, deep arty" types that are so much better than everyone else, that's what annoys me! The whole attitude.....And there's a lot of people out there who just show up one day and act like they're just SO COOL and better than everyone else.....At some point people just started calling them "hipsters"!

And I'm not being overly-judgemental, there are some pompous douche-bags out there!

i never thought of it as fashion or looks. more of a "scenester". you can't be a hipster if you're super young. you need experience, wisdom. gotta be around "the scene", know everyone...

i used to bartend at a local rock club. met so many people was in austin for sxsw once and someone yelled "hey *name of chicago bar* girl!" like i was known in austin. hilarious. also dated someone who used to write for television in new york, who was from chicago and moved to new york. used to go to the bar with him and loads of snl people - would run into janeane garofolo and david cross. even paul rudd once who was out with ethan hawke. i was way too cool to talk to them. before paul rudd went apatow and became super famous!

but i'm really old now and discovered drugs at a late age so i stay in and get high.... LOL
gwen

personally I feel they should import rednecks from the south, where hipsters are extinct, to hunt the retards up here. $100 a head with glasses !!

NO, Hipsters are segregated in Atlanta. I want to keep it like that. :p

be sure to stock up on Burzum shirts for next X-mas, cuz hipsters love Burzum

burzum.jpg

maybe its just my area but since the season of holidays came around I been seeing a ton of dumbass looking hipster retards. can't stand their sense of fashion (or lack thereof). take off your stupid non prescription glasses dumbass! and go back to where you came from!

where do these nin cum poops come from? I think they make home in the concrete jungle of Philadelphia

^^that picture literally made my stomach turn when I was eating. Ick..

i rock a fedora somtimes...because i like fedoras..does it make me a hipster? NO...i look good in them and like this history of them...but i agree hipster make me cringe

Woah that defensiveness I sensed in that statement had some serious hipster vibes to it. is there something you want to talk about? i occasionally wear plaid but I'm not gonna post about how I'm definitely not a hipster because of it to a bunch of people who've never even seen me in person.

do you wear feathers attached to any part of your outfit?

edit: I used to have that burzum shirt, but that's because I'm a fan. that picture made me gag a little too, dude needs to lose the glasses and cut his hair. probably take a shower too

just so you guys know the more that people proclaim how much they hate hipsters

just makes hipsters more happy because it shows that we are doing the right things

its like if someone with bad taste in clothing says to me "what are you even wearing, are you blind?" kind of affirms to me the fact that i wore the right outfit that day