• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Hints and Tips for Meth Smokers!

^nah, i'm not trying to sell him on meth. i had actually been clean from meth for like three months before i ran in to him, but he's my best friend and somehow he manages to do the whole only do meth every now and then and it's infuriating to a real bad addict like me but it keeps me out of trouble.

i'm just trying to sell him on smoking it.
it's his shit, he won't share if i'm gonna shoot up, plus he's my best friend and i wouldn't want him to get any ideas.
He snorts it though, and it seems wasteful, and like he's not getting the full effect. I mean I know it's bad... But we've always been bad for each other. it's just like that.

Those were some mean ass implications though x.x

I always liked snorting it. I found in some ways, it's more effective than smoking.

i will concede, snorting has it's advantages.
it's much smoother than smoking in terms of duration and I don't fiend/re-dose like with smoking.
unfortunately it's the only RoA that prevents me from getting an erection, and it seems wasteful.

smoking hits you, wham bam, i wanna do another one but god that felt great. comedown seems more irritable whereas with snorting it seems more depressing.

can't beat shots though. hit hard n fast and better than any other feeling in the world, lasts forever, and if you do a big one, or shoot for a long time... the comedown... like you start to come down and the high comes back in like these waves... the initial comedown is by far the easiest of all, just fall asleep.

long term though... if you're strung out, it's cool. you just sleep for a week.
but if you go hard for like two or three days. i tend to spend the next four or five days crying my eyes out, thinking about what a fucked up person i am and contemplating suicide.

wait, what were we talking about again?

^nah, i'm not trying to sell him on meth. i had actually been clean from meth for like three months before i ran in to him, but he's my best friend and somehow he manages to do the whole only do meth every now and then and it's infuriating to a real bad addict like me but it keeps me out of trouble.

i'm just trying to sell him on smoking it.
it's his shit, he won't share if i'm gonna shoot up, plus he's my best friend and i wouldn't want him to get any ideas.
He snorts it though, and it seems wasteful, and like he's not getting the full effect. I mean I know it's bad... But we've always been bad for each other. it's just like that.

Those were some mean ass implications though x.x

LOl my bad dude I was just being a jerk. I have no place judging you or what you do with friends. I am sure I have been more than my fair share of a bad influence. Thankfully I have never introduced someone to shooting because that would weigh on my concience pretty hard. Honestly one person comes to mind that I feel responsible for..

He went to detox for benzo abuse and they had him on bupe (don't ask me why, I have no idea, he did not report any opiate use to them nor was there any opiates in his system). Either it was a mistake or they gave him them to get him high/feeling good because to them they would rather their patients be comfortable and high so they are not annoying complaining throwin up shitting all over the place lol.. Anyway, he LOVED bupe.. and after he got out I traded bupe for xanax for a few months. Fast forward a few months and he tells me hes been sniffin dope he cops in Paterson and im like damn bro. Now hes like subs blow they dont do anythign anymore and hes already addicted to dope scrappin up enough for 2 single bags and making the trip to Paterson lol.

unless you're giving someone their first shot of methamphetamine, heroin, or cocaine you can't feel guilty for anyone else's addiction.
they would have found whatever chemical regardless.

at least i tell myself this.
it gets me through the day.

lawl.

also, i think i fucked my lung up doing the foil thing. inhaled a huge cloud of black shit... wonder if i should be worried?

so tonight i learned, that whether it be aluminum foil or methamphetamine, it all tastes the same when it on fire.

Ive read aluminum foil is related to alzheimers disease..Something all the people in the study diagnosed with alzheimers had undisputably in common was chronic use of aluminum foil to smoke off of.

I wouldn't doubt it considering what happens if you hold the flame under a brand new piece of aluminum foil, it begins to smoke. You must get that smoke in your lungs when smoking meth or dope off it, and I am willing to be it is carcinogenic smoke to say the least. Id be surpsied if it wasn't cancer related in some way

There have actually been many articles that have debunked the myth that aluminum is at all related to Alzheimers. It's just something people believed a long time ago and out of convenience, still believe. But a quick search online will show that there is no proof that it causes Alzheimers. When you smoke off of foil, you aren't really inhaling any of the fumes from the aluminum itself, as it melts/vaporizes at very high temperatures, much higher than you get from smoking off of it. The black smoke that comes off when you first light it is from the chemicals that are applied to the aluminum foil, not the aluminum foil itself. That's why you should burn those off before you actually use it to smoke.

Indeed. If aluminium smoke really were to blame, the aluminium wouldn't at some point STOP smoking; it would be completely consumed, and go up in flame. That it remains and stays inert in a standard lighter flame tells you its something volatile that's on the foil, not the foil itself. Pretty simple i'd have thought.

I have better tips... Pack atleast .2 or .3 if .2 assuming you pick up a teen or ball because when was the last time a dub rocked your world? Stop beeing a cheep fuck and buy more at once get more. step two melt it down hold the pipe up and look through it you can see it puddle when the crystal is almost gone take away fire and keep spining it remember 10 and 2 like driveing. after you got it all liquid cool it with a wet rag or spit on your finger. once it is solid again blow out the left over stail smoke and start to melt it again while constantly blowing OUT OF THE PIPE till its all melted while twerling 10 and 2 once its all melted twerl to 10 when all the liquid falls to bottem take a puff in a light one or the air cools the pipe to much. turn to 2 let it all slide down to bottem and take another put. when you do this you have more air to inhail thus bigger hits. make sure to expand your diaphram as you inhail you give lungs more room to expand. when you finish your hit cool pipe on rag and HOLD THAT SHIT IN SON! that cloud is all good meth your waisting. It wont recrystalize in your lungs its water soliable why be half bad ass stop beeing a bitch. Anyway thats the trick as for the best way to use meth do hot rail attach a hose to your pipe cut a line heat up the bowl on the stove and snort while draging the hole on the bowl of the pipe over the line when line is done turn the pipe and shake / roll it im still learning the best way to do it but iv hot railed .6 in one line and it saved me from trying to slam. I can smoke a gram in 2 hits and go on with my day sorry for bad typeing im on one and to lazy to correct typeing hit me up if you wanna lean more about the best way to hot rail you dont taist anything dont burn your nose you wont get any lava meth in your nose its all legit. stay goofed folks

@@MAmp you are mad cool dude. Seriously bad ass.. clearly you spend a lot of money on meth and hold your hits in long. EXTREME!!!!! Red-bull should sponsor you ..I mean you hot railed .6 in one line.

I think we can all agree mamp is bad ass. I can only imagine how bad ass he is in real life.

@@MAmp you are mad cool dude. Seriously bad ass.. clearly you spend a lot of money on meth and hold your hits in long. EXTREME!!!!! Red-bull should sponsor you ..I mean you hot railed .6 in one line.

I think we can all agree mamp is bad ass. I can only imagine how bad ass he is in real life.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or serious

50 bucks on sarcasm.

Make it 100 ;)

I like the first line of his post.... "pick up a teen" and "i can smoke a gram in two hits".
You would have to have absolutely horrible smoking technique, burning more than half of your product to inhale 1 gram of crystal in two hits.

I guarantee that if he tried to do that technique with quality glass I get round here, he'd be in the ER.

haha, same thought runs through my head everytime I do crystal (pick up a teen), but that shit turns me into a nymphomaniac.

God damnit. I just typed this long drawn out post about shooting up a gram of high quality shit and about how much I love bl and the OD forum and how smoking meth is awesome bit for the sake of harm reduction it's bad only to lose the post and have ti make another one

I have better tips... Pack atleast .2 or .3 if .2 assuming you pick up a teen or ball because when was the last time a dub rocked your world? Stop beeing a cheep fuck and buy more at once get more. step two melt it down hold the pipe up and look through it you can see it puddle when the crystal is almost gone take away fire and keep spining it remember 10 and 2 like driveing. after you got it all liquid cool it with a wet rag or spit on your finger. once it is solid again blow out the left over stail smoke and start to melt it again while constantly blowing OUT OF THE PIPE till its all melted while twerling 10 and 2 once its all melted twerl to 10 when all the liquid falls to bottem take a puff in a light one or the air cools the pipe to much. turn to 2 let it all slide down to bottem and take another put. when you do this you have more air to inhail thus bigger hits. make sure to expand your diaphram as you inhail you give lungs more room to expand. when you finish your hit cool pipe on rag and HOLD THAT SHIT IN SON! that cloud is all good meth your waisting. It wont recrystalize in your lungs its water soliable why be half bad ass stop beeing a bitch. Anyway thats the trick as for the best way to use meth do hot rail attach a hose to your pipe cut a line heat up the bowl on the stove and snort while draging the hole on the bowl of the pipe over the line when line is done turn the pipe and shake / roll it im still learning the best way to do it but iv hot railed .6 in one line and it saved me from trying to slam. I can smoke a gram in 2 hits and go on with my day sorry for bad typeing im on one and to lazy to correct typeing hit me up if you wanna lean more about the best way to hot rail you dont taist anything dont burn your nose you wont get any lava meth in your nose its all legit. stay goofed folks

uhhhhhhh, your "better" tips would be "better" off if they were never said. I hope no n00b out there reads this garbage and thinks it's anywhere near remotely correct.
-when's the last time a dub rocked your world? um....today, and less, everyday, for the past however long...
-stop being a cheep fuck and buy more at once/get more - probably the only thing in that whole mess I agree with, although it has nothing to do with being a 'cheep fuck,' it has to do with spending your money on things other than recreational drugs.
-if you pack .3 or more in your pipe, the last 5 or more hits are going to taste like burnt ass popcorn. If you're into that, by all means, proceed. Or, how about, don't be a lazy fuck and just re-pack the bowl. derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
-your instructions on melting your initial bowl are um, indecipherable, really. All you do is put the chunk in the bowl. Melt it gently. Wait a quick moment until it gets hard again. Smoke. ZING!
-Diaphragm? Isn't that something used for birth control?
-Please, please, PLEASE don't hold in your smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plenty of research has been done to prove that holding in your meth vapor longer does NOT get you higher. If you're so worried about wasting it, 'cheep fuck,' then blow your hits into a buddy's mouth, or blow them into a balloon and save 'em for later.
-For pete's sake, whoever started that 'set your pipe on a cool rag' bullshit should be shot. All this does is diminish the life of your pipe and fuck it up. I keep all my pipes in clean, 100% cotton (important, because the hot pipes will melt other kinds of textiles) bandanas. If you're not passing the bowl to someone else, just rest the damn thing on the bandana and be on with your day. Stop that stupid wet rag crap, garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
-Hot railing - 'attach a hose to your pipe...' WHA??????? If anyone wants to know the correct way to hot rail, ask me.
-You can NOT smoke a gram in 2 hits. End of story.
-Stay INFORMED, folks.

Ok, I haven't read every single comment in this thread, but I've been continuously reading up on smoking techniques only to find myself still doing it wrong, it seems. I'd appreciate if someone would tell me what the problem is.

So, I've got a pipe. I assume it's Pyrex, it's very thick and sturdy. The meth is good quality by my standards. It's pretty clear with a white tint, kind of like salt, and has a strong taste and smell. Anyway, I think I'm just repeatedly burning my shit in the pipe, which is annoying. It's weird, sometimes I get an awesome hit and everything goes perfectly, but not always, and I've yet to figure out the technique. I use a candle because I find it easier to hold onto than a lighter. I keep the pipe anywhere from around an inch away to all but touching the flame, based on what I'm doing and whether I'm ready to hit it. I put a small amount in the pipe at any one time, like half what I'd snort.

Thing is, it's turning brown after I take a couple of hits. Yet at the same time, it doesn't move fluidly much at all. I can get it hot enough that it's totally liquid, running freely, and it's still clear at that point, but it quickly turns brown from there. Am I just too impatient? This is like roasting marshmallows all over again... mine was always ablaze on the outside and not warm inside. Anyway, like I said, it really does seem to take a lot to liquify. I apply heat, I move it around, I roll it, I don't just torch one spot relentlessly. But if it's anything but the first light (that is, if I've already let it solidify and am lighting it again), it takes forever and sometimes has to have direct, prolonged heat before it melts, and in the meantime while I'm waiting for it to liquify, it's smoking.

Long story short, if I'm making it smoke before it's liquified, that means I'm burning it, right? I honestly don't know how to avoid it. It re-solidifies very quickly too, so I don't have the option of rolling/spreading it all that much.

Also, occasionally I'll feel like I'm doing it right, I'll be moving it steadily while it's liquid but not turning brown yet, and when there seems to be a sufficient amount of smoke being produced, I take a hit, often to find I exhale nothing. The only time I get a good hit that fills my lungs is when I'm burning it. Could this batch just be cut with something that doesn't vaporize well?

Any suggestions are appreciated, I've been trying to perfect this skill for a while now.

So, I've got a pipe. I assume it's Pyrex, it's very thick and sturdy. The meth is good quality by my standards. It's pretty clear with a white tint, kind of like salt, and has a strong taste and smell. Anyway, I think I'm just repeatedly burning my shit in the pipe, which is annoying. It's weird, sometimes I get an awesome hit and everything goes perfectly, but not always, and I've yet to figure out the technique.

It takes practice, just like anything else. Before you know it, you'll be an old pro blowing smoke out like puff the magic dragon with every hit.

I use a candle because I find it easier to hold onto than a lighter. I keep the pipe anywhere from around an inch away to all but touching the flame, based on what I'm doing and whether I'm ready to hit it. I put a small amount in the pipe at any one time, like half what I'd snort.

First, some may agree or disagree, I think it's just a matter of what works best, in reference to the fire department - but if you want to use a candle, that's fine. But if you say you have a SUPER thick pipe (I have one that's realllllllllllly long and thick, you could knock somebody out with it if you wanted to, like a hammer) a candle wouldn't work for that. It won't get hot enough, fast enough, and you'll just end up making the dope taste like shit. I use my mini torch for the thick glass pipes. I started out using candles and now that damn near my entire room is covered with wax in some way/shape/form I kinda put the kebash on that. Bic Lighters or my trusty torch work the best.

Don't EVER touch the flame to the bowl. Never ever ever ever. My friend always says over and over to people when they're roasting the bowl, "Hey man, it's already been cooked once, it doesn't need to be cooked again!!!" With dope, think low and slow. Take your time. I never have the flame closer than at least 3/4 inch from the bowl. Doesn't need to be. When you do that, you make your dope brown, your pipe black, warp the pipe, and blah yuck ish - it just ain't good. When I smoke a bowl, the stuff stays white/opaque throughout almost the whole bowl, until the last 2-3 hits (I usually pack a fat bowl, even fatter if guests are around, repacking and repacking gets old and irritating.)

Also, it sounds like you're not putting enough inside the bowl. I used to only put a teeny tiny tad in the bowl when I first started and wondered why I couldn't get big hits and why I had to repack the bowl constantly. I just packed the avg. sized bowl I usually would and weighed it just for the hell of it, and it was
0.05 g. I'm just gonna go through here and list exactly what I'm doing so you can check your process against mine and see what you are doing differently.

1. Pack bowl. (I use a pen cap. Just works best for me. Some use a straw. Sometimes I use a business card folded in half. Whatever.) As I said earlier, use a decent amount. Don't be stingaaay, yo :) Think about it this way: the more product there is in the bowl, the more potential there is for more smoke. So yeah.

2. Get your fire of choice. You seem to dandy the candle. Cool. As I said earlier, that works fine if the glass is thin. If it's thick/very thick, nix the candle biz.

3. Hold your fire about an inch and a half under the bowl, steadily. The other hand should have your bub with chunky shards rotating from 10-2, slower at first, but then gaining speed as it starts to melt. KEEP THE FLAME AT *****LEEEEEEEEAST*****ONE FULL INCH AWAY FROM THE BUB! There is absolutely no reason it should be closer than this!!!! When the chunks are almost dissolved into the liquid, turn off the flame but keep rotating the pipe from 10-2 at a steady pace - the residual heat from the bowl will melt any other chunks that are left. If it's good stuffs, it should resolidify quite quickly. Now, you should have a fat, white/opaque stripe at the bottom of your bowl kinda like a smiley face. Huzzah, it's time to walk on sunshine. (Melting the bowl took about 60 seconds)

4. Hammer time. I start out not with the pipe in my mouth, but I start out the same way I would to melt the initial bowl. No need to waste lung space on stuff that isn't heated to vape temp yet. Again, I hold the fire no closer than 1" away from the bowl, while slowly rotating the bowl 10-2 again until it starts to just smoke. Put it up to your lips and continue all the same stuff you've been doing, and suck slowly. Keep rotating the bowl - yes, rotate the bowl in between your lips. This is key to keep from burning. When you sit there and just blast the flame on a motionless puddle in the bottom of the bowl, hell yeah it's gonna get brown and taste like donkeys. Don't do dat den!!!! Rotate, my friends! (hitting the pipe takes well over a minute, from start time to end. Again - low and slow. No need to cook your dope.)

Thing is, it's turning brown after I take a couple of hits.
Yanno, some dope just kinda does that. Sometimes I'll have stuff that will stay clear as day from beginning to end, and some stuff will get a slight caramely color to it throughout the whole bowl...it just depends. But there's definitely a difference between a slight brown color and burning the crap out of it.

Yet at the same time, it doesn't move fluidly much at all. I can get it hot enough that it's totally liquid, running freely, and it's still clear at that point, but it quickly turns brown from there. Am I just too impatient?
In one word? YES. Smoking dope is not a race. Think: Tortoise and the Hare. Seriously - slow down, Tiger!

Anyway, like I said, it really does seem to take a lot to liquify. I apply heat, I move it around, I roll it, I don't just torch one spot relentlessly. But if it's anything but the first light (that is, if I've already let it solidify and am lighting it again), it takes forever and sometimes has to have direct, prolonged heat before it melts, and in the meantime while I'm waiting for it to liquify, it's smoking.
Yes, it does take a moment or two to get the dope up to one-hundred-seventy-five or eighty degrees fahrenheight (sp) which I believe is around the temperature it takes for the solid to turn into the vapor, which is what you inhale. It does NOT NEED direct heat!!! A steady quick 10-2 rotation and a still flame will melt the stuff, no problem. And yeah, it will start smoking before the whole thing is liquid. Because the whole chunk ain't gonna all melt at the exact same time! The moment you see the smoke, you put the pip in your mouth and start your slow draw. At this point, MAAAYBE you can bring the flame A TAD closer to the bowl, but never closer than 3/4".

Long story short, if I'm making it smoke before it's liquified, that means I'm burning it, right? I honestly don't know how to avoid it. It re-solidifies very quickly too, so I don't have the option of rolling/spreading it all that much.
First - never complain about it resolidifying too quick. THIS IS GOOD!!!! The faster it cracks back, generally the better quality.

Second - I'm having a little trouble answering this, because, well - the dope can't smoke unless some of it is liquified. As I said before, the whole puddle isn't gonna all melt at the same time, but that doesn't mean you can't catch the beginning of the smokey smoke. A lovely, generous fella that I know packs bowls so damn huge (damn near 0.3 or more oz in a freakin bowl, gotta love him) that the whole thing doesn't even melt till it goes around the circle of three of us a couple times. You can still puff on it tho.

Also, occasionally I'll feel like I'm doing it right, I'll be moving it steadily while it's liquid but not turning brown yet, and when there seems to be a sufficient amount of smoke being produced, I take a hit, often to find I exhale nothing. The only time I get a good hit that fills my lungs is when I'm burning it. Could this batch just be cut with something that doesn't vaporize well?
Time to end the candle era. Move up to Bic Status, baby. - You're not getting the right amount of heat at the correct rate (if that makes any sense.)

EDIT: If you're doing everything right, and this is still happening (the feeling that you're gonna get a huge hit and barely any smoke comes out) you've got a bag of NOPE (get it, it's not dope - it's fake, so it's 'nope'). I hate hate hate that shit. Bring it back to your dealer and tell him to quit buying junk from whomever he's getting it from, or tell him to spare you the cut. Or find someone new that doesn't throw that crap in there. Yuk.

Any suggestions are appreciated, I've been trying to perfect this skill for a while now.
You learn soon, grasshopper. Practice make perfect. You have any more question, you make sure to ax me. I be happy to help you.

Last edited:
also, I forgot to add/ask - is your pip clean? or is it dirty as hell? Smoking out of a dirty pip eats up your dope and makes it taste shitty. I am anal retentive about smoking out of a clean pip...I keep tons of q-tips with me and after each bowl is finished, there's usually just a tiny outline of a brown circle at the bottom of the bowl. I stick the q-tip in my mouth, get it a little moist, stick it in the pip, rub the junk off, flip q-tip around, dry it, and continue on with a clean bottomed bowl. Don't clean out all the good residue tho, that's for later.