• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Highest dosage on LSD blotter experienced?

SpecialK_

Bluelighter
Was just curious to see what range of doses people have found or heard of on LSD blotter. The reason this came into my head was I heard of 350µg on one single blotter dose from the Netherlands and was wondering how likely this was due to it being from that particular area.

If it is any help they were 'Bicycle Day' blotter, however I have not ever come across this name before, I assume they are most likely just Hofmanns but as far as I was aware these were 200µg doses. Anyone else have experience with Netherlands' LSD and dosages? Is it common to be able to find a specific blotter over there compared to here were what you are given is what you get, take it or leave it?

I understand that blotter is hard to estimate dosages, but hopefully some people on this forum are aware of their dosages due to being close to the source.

TL;DR - Post what blotter dosages you have came across e.g. lowest 50µg, highest 200µg and what blotter art it was.

Ken Kesey wrote about 500µg blotter hits. I can't find the exact quote; it would be nice if somebody could. I've never heard of acid being more potent. Several decades ago, average hits were ~250µg. Unfortunately, this has dropped down to 100µg as, with the exception of the family, those who sell acid are not dissimilar from most dealers in that they shamelessly sell a weak product in order to sell more "hits". One "hit" of any drug should be enough, but this is no longer the case with LSD, or even most MDMA pills.

It's obviously very hard to tell, but I have heard from a reliable source who is one step away from the person who made the blotters that they were 300ug. I'd say they were probably at least 250ug, 'cause they were some real strong hits. They had this sunglassed smiley face print. Lowest I've come across was probably 100ug, can't remember the print.

I am not quite sure why everyone wants such potent hits. Imo 100-150ugs is a perfect dosage because you can control the level you want your dose to be at. I mean sandoz did market it at 25 ug and 100ug doses it was not until later that underground chemists started making more potent doses and people started having bad experiences and landing in the hospital. A 100 ug dose will take you on a good trip. As long as you have not been eating it like candy.

Lowest dose I've personally come across would be 50 ug blotter (more common than you would like to think)
Highest is 150-200 2009 hoffmans

One off specials could hold minimum 1mg IMO, the occassional 500ug blotter has floated across my path apparently.

I am not quite sure why everyone wants such potent hits. Imo 100-150ugs is a perfect dosage because you can control the level you want your dose to be at. I mean sandoz did market it at 25 ug and 100ug doses it was not until later that underground chemists started making more potent doses and people started having bad experiences and landing in the hospital. A 100 ug dose will take you on a good trip. As long as you have not been eating it like candy.

Lowest dose I've personally come across would be 50 ug blotter (more common than you would like to think)
Highest is 150-200 2009 hoffmans

In my personal experience sometimes a stronger trip is good if you are in the correct mindset, it can help you unlock a lot more about yourself and everything around you that you couldn't on a lower dosage. You can have a bad experience on 100µg the same way you can on 500µg and this works the exact same way with good trips and revolutionary ones. But sometimes some people prefer experiencing stronger visuals and the like and this cannot be obtained at dosages as low as 100µg, I recommend trying a higher dosage sometime if you feel ready, it will show you even more how amazing LSD is.

All this talk of strong blotters makes me wonder exactly how much it is possible to fit on a standard LSD size tab. While they are very small, I've always wondered if the "any other drug wouldn't fit" thing was a myth. One of the things that makes me wonder about this even more is people saying they got 500ug+ hits, okay, there's a good chance that they just guessed that and really they got far less, but is 500ug not in the range of the DOx chemicals which need larger tabs?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, just to add, I think a lot of the estimated dosages are grossly over-estimated, the problem is, if someone is told 250ug is a strong dose, then they'll assume all their strong doses are 250ug, when in reality for most people even 100-150ug is quite a strong dose. Guessing a dosage with LSD is like being fed mushrooms the first time you take them, with your eyes closed, and trying to guess how many grams you took, sure you might get a rough estimate - but the difference with mushrooms is that the experiences you're trying to compare your experiences to are ones where someone has taken a measured weight, with LSD, 99.9% of people taking it don't have any clue how much or little they took, all they can equate it to is that a tab was good, bad, very bad, or very good - trying to pin that on a ug dosage is a bad idea imo and will just lead to more uninformed speculation.

All this talk of strong blotters makes me wonder exactly how much it is possible to fit on a standard LSD size tab. While they are very small, I've always wondered if the "any other drug wouldn't fit" thing was a myth. One of the things that makes me wonder about this even more is people saying they got 500ug+ hits, okay, there's a good chance that they just guessed that and really they got far less, but is 500ug not in the range of the DOx chemicals which need larger tabs?

This is what I'm curious about, I'm wondering what's the most someone has experience on one single blotter dosage wise, if they know roughly. Also some information on these Bicycle Days, but no one seems to have heard of them.

I think about 1% of the people who honestly think they have a real idea what dosage was on their blotter actually have any reason to be confident in that info.

Depending on how you define blotter, there's a style of tab with two layers that holds material in an epoxy-like material used to hold the tabs together. Supposedly such tabs can hold doses of around 2mg without much trouble. There are definitely tabs of at least 1mg for other compounds as well, like DOx and phenazepam/alprazolam tabs.

The problem with blotter is that there is no accurate way of telling just how much lsd is on each square. Usually people will guess by how strong the trip is which isnt entirely accurate either due to other curcimstances ie set , setting, etc etc. Even if you knew that x amount of crystal was dissolved in x amount of solution the blotter it self can absorb differently across its surface. Also blotter can only absorb the solution once, thats why stories of ' double dipped' sheets are a myth. The only way to increase potency is to increase the amount of crystal dissolved into the solution. :)

In my personal experience sometimes a stronger trip is good if you are in the correct mindset, it can help you unlock a lot more about yourself and everything around you that you couldn't on a lower dosage. You can have a bad experience on 100µg the same way you can on 500µg and this works the exact same way with good trips and revolutionary ones. But sometimes some people prefer experiencing stronger visuals and the like and this cannot be obtained at dosages as low as 100µg, I recommend trying a higher dosage sometime if you feel ready, it will show you even more how amazing LSD is.

Oh believe me I have done my fair share of "hero doses"
I just like a nice mellow 250 to 300 ug trip now> I get wonderful trip visuals off 300 ug And have had plenty of revolutionary trips on 200 ug
When i break into the 500 range i go through intense ego loss where I think I am transcending life and it is hard to remember all of the glorious revelations. So I like to keep it nice and simple. I literally could do any level of dose I wanted to I just have no need to go that high anymore.

The problem with blotter is that there is no accurate way of telling just how much lsd is on each square. Usually people will guess by how strong the trip is which isnt entirely accurate either due to other curcimstances ie set , setting, etc etc. Even if you knew that x amount of crystal was dissolved in x amount of solution the blotter it self can absorb differently across its surface. Also blotter can only absorb the solution once, thats why stories of ' double dipped' sheets are a myth. The only way to increase potency is to increase the amount of crystal dissolved into the solution. :)

I have no current source and right now I don't have the time to check, but blotter paper isn't just a normal sheet or cardboard or anything. The liquid distributes pretty god damn evenly across the paper since there are little "holes" or whatever for the liquid to get absorbed into. How often do you hear of people that are similarly experienced with acid going "My friend took two tabs and was trippin' balls and I had to go drag him away from Wal-Mart, while I took three and felt absolutely nothing"? How often do people take, say, half tabs?

It's a special kind of paper. It distributes evenly, unlike with sugar cubes.

How often do you hear of people that are similarly experienced with acid going "My friend took two tabs and was trippin' balls and I had to go drag him away from Wal-Mart, while I took three and felt absolutely nothing"? How often do people take, say, half tabs? .

Actually this does sometimes happen - although not as drastic as your case but one or two tabs can sometimes vary a person on two tabs can trip harder than someone on two tabs from the same batch, it is common it's even been discussed on these forums. Blotter can be uneven, especially when bought in large amounts.

Also, some people do take half tabs, if you remember the Hofmann 2000s which were suspected to contain 200ug, a half tab had you tripping especially if you were inexperienced. Also, the Sunshine LSD barrels were often broke in half/quarters due to the high amount of LSD in them although there is a large amount of controversy with what was in some batches of these, but for the LSD ones they were still divided.

Actually this does sometimes happen - although not as drastic as your case but one or two tabs can sometimes vary a person on two tabs can trip harder than someone on two tabs from the same batch, it is common it's even been discussed on these forums. Blotter can be uneven, especially when bought in large amounts.

Also, some people do take half tabs, if you remember the Hofmann 2000s which were suspected to contain 200ug, a half tab had you tripping especially if you were inexperienced. Also, the Sunshine LSD barrels were often broke in half/quarters due to the high amount of LSD in them although there is a large amount of controversy with what was in some batches of these, but for the LSD ones they were still divided.

But more subtle differences like that can be attributed to anything - personal tolerance to LSD and psychedelics, current mindset, strength/nature of the person's psyche, and so on. I don't know HOW much the LSD amount differs from blotter to blotter and it might do so in small amounts, but it is difficult to discern as everyone reacts differently to LSD and if you've taken quite similar doses you can't really say who tripped "harder" (unless one is a hippie and the other a novice). So the fact that the other person tripped harder might have lots to do with him as a person and less to do with the fact that there was less acid in his blotters.

Also, you somewhat misunderstood me with the "how many people take half tabs" comment - I was making exactly the same point as you. Inexperienced people, or people who want to control their dosage, will take half tabs or so. They might not wanna take 2, but might wanna take more than 1, so they'll take 1.5 - the point here being: there wouldn't be much sense in taking half a tab to regulate dosage if, theoretically, that half tab could contain either 10% or 90% of the LSD in that particular blotter. For all that person knows, that 1.5 tabs could actually be equivalent to anywhere between, for simplicity's sake, 1.1 and 1.9 of all the Lucy in those particular tabs, so it really wouldn't be a sure way of regulating dosage at all.

This is why you can halve tabs but it is not worth halving sugar cubes.

Oh believe me I have done my fair share of "hero doses"
I just like a nice mellow 250 to 300 ug trip now> I get wonderful trip visuals off 300 ug And have had plenty of revolutionary trips on 200 ug
When i break into the 500 range i go through intense ego loss where I think I am transcending life and it is hard to remember all of the glorious revelations. So I like to keep it nice and simple. I literally could do any level of dose I wanted to I just have no need to go that high anymore.

300ug is a solid dose for anyone with a baseline tolerance. Usually enough to just about dissolve one's reality into oblivion. 500ug is always too much for me nowadays. I simply CAN'T take psychedelics like I used to.

As of lately I have enjoyed taking smaller doses. somewhere around 150ug would be my guess.

But there are really VERY VERY few people who actually know how much is on a particular hit of blotter.

I have NO IDEA how much was on the strongest blotter I ever ate, but I do remember the one. It was a rare version of the ever typical brown california sunshine. 1 hit of that put me onto another realm of existence and I was in space being thrown around by energy... VERY intense for 1 hit of blotter.. It was bat shit insane actually.

A strip of lsd ( i was doing a lot of lsd during that time of my life) so i needed more...

I don't know how much was on it... but i was GONE for awhile.... i wasn't able to see in front of my face for at least 4 hours