• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hi! I'm new here.. with Klonopin questions.

You are entitled to your thoughts, but they are irrelevant to this thread. The OP did not come here asking about quitting, or lessening his use of klonopin. On top of that, if the choice is between needing a pill to function, or not functioning because of WD's or not functioning because of anxiety, functionally there is not a lot off difference from where I stand. And as far ass this thread goes, he's been taking it for years, so telling him to stop taking it isn't harm reduction but dangerous advice.
Really now? I'm telling him to just up and cold turkey stop taking it? You seem to just be blindly saying stuff as if I'm the one saying it. Stopping benzos could cause him to have seizures now where did I give the dangerous advice of telling him to just stop taking them?

Using them a couple days and putting off a few days before the next use...It should be an as needed thing not a daily dose by a schedule.

I'm sure your next reply will be you weren't suggesting the OP do this....to which my reply would be, see my first post.

I can see where you're coming from Kief, I don't think people should say no to drugs at all, I think people should be able to use them without succumbing to physical dependency. Using them a couple days and putting off a few days before the next use. I think benzos can help anxiety but not if used daily and having a dependency forming. It should be an as needed thing not a daily dose by a schedule.

The bickering really needs to stop guys. I'm not naming names, but I and the rest of the staff are aware of who is catalyzing and instagating the bad-blood and we are working on getting it sorted out.

Let me break down this statement the best I can. The idea of responsible drug use is ultimately a fallacy for a large portion of the population. When someone is psychologically consumed by drugs to the point that they use their free time and their intellectual energy to contribute to an online forum dedicated to drug use/abuse, you can assume that they have crossed that imaginary line that leads to misuse/addiction, whether fast or slow.

Also, when an average joe begins to contemplate his drug use, think about drugs frequently and goes out of his way to acquire drugs, you can begin to make the assumption that they are heading toward the aforementioned imaginary line.

The imaginary line represents an event horizon, if you will, in which addictive thoughs, patterns and behaviors tend to only increase, even if this happens protractedly. So, when you take an individual who is researching, asking questions and otherwise exerting energy to advance their use of drugs, you can assume that they are heading in the direction of addiction/dependence.

It's a philosophical issue that lacks definition, but I feel responsible drug use, at least for certain folks, is a Catch-22

I have my own words in mind for the whole BS bickering nonsense....and concur with much of what's been said by multiple users, especially a certain mod, but given that this whole ordeal has clearly badly detracted from poor OP's actual post (and hopefully not scared them away in the process), coupled with the "knock off the bullshit" coming from mod's last post, I digress and think we can get back to OP, yeah?

It seems to be exclusively when I miss a dose or two. I just don't realize I've missed a dose until my head hurts..as I'm not prone to headaches. Light sensitivity is also a symptom. I'm not sure if any form of insomnia is a side effect either, but I can't seem to sleep for any more than 2 hours at a time.

I feel like I seem all over the place and I have so many questions, but my doctor is very casual about the questions I ask and most info I find online is pretty vague.

Smarshie, it's difficult to really say what it is you are really experiencing without further details, but of what you've started so far, it does sound POSSIBLE....

Headaches and sleep disturbances are very common in benzo WD....I think light sensitivity is as well, but I'm not 100%.....however, you're really not on a crazy dosage, so WD's should be very light, if even present at all.....

You've discussed ALL of your symptoms with your doctor? Because, as helpful as this community is, you and your doctor would be the best judge of all of this.....we can only help you so much. But if you wanna fill us in a little more on details pertaining to your treatment, your meds, life, etc, more than happy to help you investigate.

But I most certainly wouldn't recommend you simply stop your meds, certainly not without your doctor's involvement. Even if it weren't for the long period of treatment with it and any issues that may arise through abstinence, you are prescribed this med for a legitimate medical reason....people like to talk about "don't wanna be dependant on a med".....suppose that's how they feel about heart medications and lung meds, etc.....better get grandpa off that heart med, he may have a heart attack, but at least he's not dependant on anything lol.

Hope you can get some answers here OP, and be sure to fully disclose details of what you're experiencing and your concerns with your doctor. Good luck.

-PA

....people like to talk about "don't wanna be dependant on a med".....suppose that's how they feel about heart medications and lung meds, etc.....better get grandpa off that heart med, he may have a heart attack, but at least he's not dependant on anything lol.
Don't make your self look dumb and spew bullshit, you know damn well people don't feel like that about hear medications or whatever, you already know what I was talking about and mentioning something like that just makes you look straight up dumb. My dad has graves disease and takes a pill everyday for his thyroid or he can die, that's different than someone having anxiety and thinking their case is special and that they need daily drugs to counter it. Or junkies who wanna be high daily.

Don't make your self look dumb and spew bullshit, you know damn well people don't feel like that about hear medications or whatever, you already know what I was talking about and mentioning something like that just makes you look straight up dumb. My dad has graves disease and takes a pill everyday for his thyroid or he can die, that's different than someone having anxiety and thinking their case is special and that they need daily drugs to counter it. Or junkies who wanna be high daily.

That actually wasn't even directed at you bud....but guess I could see how it'd be taken that way. You're not the only person to say that same shit, I've heard it many times from many people, and I'm sure OP has too, which is my reasoning for saying it.

Dude, just because you don't have anxiety disorders so severe and unrelenting that it requires medication, doesn't mean others don't. There's a stark difference between folks suffering from legitimate anxiety disorders and a "junky who just wants to be high daily", and I actually take offense to such a characterization of them. Think they're special? Umm well apparently, their doctor thinks so.....and I'm willing to bet doctor is a better judge of that than some kid named "justtakethat" on a substance use forum.

Just because you don't experience an unrelenting mental condition requiring medication doesn't magically make it not exist.

You're the one looking "straight up dumb and spewing bullshit" not only here, but throughout the thread- so nice one pal.

Unfortunately, I won't be responding to any further BS from you here out of respect for Kief's wishes.

Regards,

-PA