• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hi! I'm new here.. with Klonopin questions.

Smarshie

Greenlighter
Hi! Sorry if this in the wrong spot...

I've been taking Klonopin for around 3.5 years to treat GAD and panic attacks. I had an AWFUL reaction(hospital visit) to Effexor... and everything spiraled from there.
I started off very slow with a dose of .25mg dissolvables twice a day. As of now, my dose is at 1mg, sometimes 1.5mg daily. I take them every 8 hours as needed.

I've noticed headaches, mostly one sided. I try to keep up with a schedule, but I don't always take them on time, sometime I go 12 or 24 hours wothout one. Does this sound like a... withdrawal symptom to anyone? Or am I just being... anxious and paranoid?

I appreciate the help... ?

I'd say you're being a little paranoid at this point, only because you haven't really gone very far on this path yet and it sounds like you have some more research to do regarding specifics of your schedule/dosage/effects etc.

Headaches can definitely be a symptom of Benzodiazepine withdrawal, but in order to pinpoint exactly what is or isn't going on, we'd like to know a little bit more about your situation. When you experience the headaches, is it exclusively when you've missed a dose or does it seem irrelevant? Do you experience any other symptoms with the headaches? Let us know and we'll try to help you out!

Thanks!

I'd say you're being a little paranoid at this point, only because you haven't really gone very far on this path yet and it sounds like you have some more research to do regarding specifics of your schedule/dosage/effects etc.

Headaches can definitely be a symptom of Benzodiazepine withdrawal, but in order to pinpoint exactly what is or isn't going on, we'd like to know a little bit more about your situation. When you experience the headaches, is it exclusively when you've missed a dose or does it seem irrelevant? Do you experience any other symptoms with the headaches? Let us know and we'll try to help you out!

It seems to be exclusively when I miss a dose or two. I just don't realize I've missed a dose until my head hurts..as I'm not prone to headaches. Light sensitivity is also a symptom. I'm not sure if any form of insomnia is a side effect either, but I can't seem to sleep for any more than 2 hours at a time.

I feel like I seem all over the place and I have so many questions, but my doctor is very casual about the questions I ask and most info I find online is pretty vague.

I mean if you're okay with being dependant on a pill the rest of your life than go right ahead.

I mean if you're okay with being dependant on a pill the rest of your life than go right ahead.

While I appreciate your... advice? There is no room for judgement here. Your reply didn't even make any sense, go right ahead and..?

If you don't have any useful knowlwdge or experience on the subject, I ask that you keep scrolling and use what expertise you do have elsewhere.

Have a wonderful weekend.

My bad I was in class and wasn't able to type my whole post, I was gonna say that the headache thing could be anything since we all get headaches, but it could also be a w/d, Kpin has a 24 hour half life so you should be fine for that time but drugs effect people differently.

Just thought I'd let them take a look at this from all angles, I know I sure wouldn't want to need a pill to function. It's harm reduction in the long run man.

there's still no need to be a cunt about it though is there?

Please, please, please, for the love of God, do not start in with the argument that Harm Reduction dictates not using drugs at all. We're not here to have an existential debate about what is right and wrong. Sure, you're right justtakethat, you will probably endure less harm ultimately by just not using drugs, but we do not live in this theoretical world, we live in the real world, where people lack willpower and take drugs.

Our fellow members are dealing with very serious, potentially dangerous issues and by injecting the conservative philosophy of "just say no", we could end up doing a substantial amount of hamr to the community.

If someone has an HIV-contaminated syringe and asks "how do I clean and sterilize this?", are we going to say "nah man, just don't shoot the dope"? You have to understand that the Nancy Reagan approach to Harm Reduction has caused so much harm to our community and it really makes me angry that we even have a single member on Bluelight preaching the "just say no" philosophy.

Please stop, justtakethat. You don't understand how badly you can harm people by preventing them from accessing the appropriate information. If you have any caring or compassion in your body, I as you to please take into consideration the welfare of our community. I cannot and will not allow folks to prevent or otherwise block other BL'ers from getting the information they need. There's no room for this shit on Bluelight.

I can see where you're coming from Kief, I don't think people should say no to drugs at all, I think people should be able to use them without succumbing to physical dependency. Using them a couple days and putting off a few days before the next use. I think benzos can help anxiety but not if used daily and having a dependency forming. It should be an as needed thing not a daily dose by a schedule.

I can see where you're coming from Kief, I don't think people should say no to drugs at all, I think people should be able to use them without succumbing to physical dependency. Using them a couple days and putting off a few days before the next use. I think benzos can help anxiety but not if used daily and having a dependency forming. It should be an as needed thing not a daily dose by a schedule.

Are you a doctor? Who are you to say what people should or shouldn't do when it comes to balancing drugs and symptoms such as anxiety. Choices like these are best left to individuals and their physicians. Opinions and hypotheticals about treatment have no place on this forum.

Are you a doctor? Who are you to say what people should or shouldn't do when it comes to balancing drugs and symptoms such as anxiety. Choices like these are best left to individuals and their physicians. Opinions and hypotheticals about treatment have no place on this forum.
You're a doctor? Sorry to break it to you but not everyone is a doctor on here, people come to get advice from like minded people.

You're a doctor? Sorry to break it to you but not everyone is a doctor on here, people come to get advice from like minded people.

Yes. People come to get well thought out advice. Not haphazard, inconsistent advice from a kid.

Dude. We were alll young once. I get it. I thought I knew everything then too. But when you have experienced users that have been doing this stuff longer than you have been alive, it may be wise to listen to them, instead of getting defensive and posting more haphazard bullshit.

And, for the record, I didn't see him claim to be a doctor.

Just chill out man. This is a relaxed community where people help each other. The aggression and the random inconsistencies in your posts are not what this site is about. I'm new to this forum too, but I've seen enough to know that what is desired is the opposite of what you're doing.

You are entitled to your thoughts, but they are irrelevant to this thread. The OP did not come here asking about quitting, or lessening his use of klonopin. On top of that, if the choice is between needing a pill to function, or not functioning because of WD's or not functioning because of anxiety, functionally there is not a lot off difference from where I stand. And as far ass this thread goes, he's been taking it for years, so telling him to stop taking it isn't harm reduction but dangerous advice.

Can you stop going on about my personal background, you think I'm new to this forum better check my join date buddy. I joined 3 years ago, saying I think I know everything now? Just ignorant and funny way you choose to respond to what I have to say. Damn how would you like if I responded to everyone of your posts with, "people need professional advice not subjective advice from a junky". I would appreciate it if you stopped going in about personal info.

Last edited: