• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin to oxy. feedback on this taper plan

midgy

Bluelighter
Hey guys, new here. I have been using opiates for about 2 years (maybe a little less) and it started with 30mg blues. That turned into heroin because it was cheaper, unfortunately like many others. I am 28 years old, and a successful business owner. I am ready to bring this to an end once and for all. Nobody knows I use dope around me. My girl thinks im still using blues (haven't been for about 1.5 years) but she does not use drugs at all, so I do not use directly in front of her. She supports me on wanting to quit, and is ready to do whatever it takes to help me. Here is my plan:

I get pretty good heroin (South Florida) and have a tolerance of about 1g per day now (snorting, NEVER shot dope, not even once). It was a little higher around 1.5g - 2g per day, but I brought it down on my own, and now im basically just cruising for the last few months to stay functional. I get a little high, but not nonfunctional or purposely to the moon and dozed out etc.. so that's where I'm pretty much at. I tried switching to subs a few times, and lets just say that didn't work...that a whole other story in itself.

I can't find methadone on the street around here, BUT I have connection to Oxycontin 80mg, 60mg, and 40mg pills. They are longer acting, somewhat similar (time release aspect) to Methadone so my plan is to taper down using these Oxys. I currently have about 40 80mg and 35 60mg oxys ready to go, and I can get more when needed (for surprisingly pretty cheap, and yes, they are 100% real direct from the pharmacy).

Using 1g heroin per day now, what dose do you estimate I should be around if I were to take these oxys 3x per day in smaller doses by mouth. I plan on taking them orally as they were designed so that the time release coating still works, I'm just a little curious on how much I will actually need per day (rough estimate, I know this is all relative). Just an idea of a range would be helpful if anyone has used dope and try to recover using pills, or has taken pills to try to curb withdrawals for the day etc.. any user experience would be helpful! I am thinking myself, I would probably need around 150mg - 200mg per day to curb the withdrawls. Split into 3 doses, so around 50mg-60mg per dose to start. What do you guys think?

Any help or suggestions would be very appreciated. Thank you everyone!!

To be entirely honest Oxy probably isn’t gonna satisfy you’re needs. I’m assuming the dope you’re doing is fentanyl based, so your tolerance is likely through the roof.

Switching to oxy would be safer, but would probably bankrupt you pretty quickly. To maintain an oxy addiction takes literally thousands and thousands of dollars.

To be real man, if you REALLY want to quit, take a week, check into a detox, and do a sub taper and call it a day.

if you really are set on doing this at home and think you can (most cannot) 100 mg of oxy should at the minimum be comfortable and hold off most withdrawals. You could

Days 1-7
150 mg oxy

7-14
100 mg oxy

14-21
50 mg oxy

21-28
25 mg oxy

and so on. But best bet is to just check yourself in. Best luck

When I was first starting out here, I used to try to figure out a rough approximation of what a person's Heroin dependence actually entails dosage-wise. Even back then it was a fool's errand trying to figure these variables out. We can absolutely help you design a taper and successfully complete it, but first we're going to need a little bit of perspective. We don't know how pure your Heroin is or if it is even Heroin so we are starting from scratch.

Start preparing for your taper now. Acquire the necessary drugs, including all other medications that you think might help you. You will need to test the waters with the Oxycodone. I'm sure you can handle quite a bit, but you still need to proceed with caution. Pick a dosage that you believe to be reasonable and try it out. Just keep in mind that if you're still miserable, you can take more.

Why don't we start there for now? If you have any questions hit me up!

To be entirely honest Oxy probably isn’t gonna satisfy you’re needs. I’m assuming the dope you’re doing is fentanyl based, so your tolerance is likely through the roof.

Switching to oxy would be safer, but would probably bankrupt you pretty quickly. To maintain an oxy addiction takes literally thousands and thousands of dollars.

To be real man, if you REALLY want to quit, take a week, check into a detox, and do a sub taper and call it a day.

if you really are set on doing this at home and think you can (most cannot) 100 mg of oxy should at the minimum be comfortable and hold off most withdrawals. You could

Days 1-7
150 mg oxy

7-14
100 mg oxy

14-21
50 mg oxy

21-28
25 mg oxy

and so on. But best bet is to just check yourself in. Best luck
Thank you for your feedback! To be truthful, I only get my dope from 1 guy who I know very well, and hes not a street corner dude. The dope is very consistent and usually big light tan chunks (seemingly right off the brick) and seems really really clean (I've had other dope early on that just seemed loaded with crap, and had fent in it as it's a slightly diff high and a tiny amount knocked me out at my desk.) My guy does not cut it either. How he gets it, is how he gives it to me. Anytime I get a new batch, I always test a tiny tiny amount first, and also taste it and I purposely stay far away from fent. I always ask him when its new stuff and he always tells me what others have said about it first, if it's his normal supply or someone elses because he ran out, or whatever the situation etc.. I know it could be made with fent at the highest levels, but I am fairly confident that it's not, just given the amounts that I do and the high that it gives. I've had a couple batches early on from other people where it was definitely fent (or something) in it as it was incredibly strong and it just felt different.

I like that taper plan, although I plan on doing it a little slower. The 80s I got directly from the script, I only paid $26 each for them (from my same dude as the dope) so they are fairly cheap considering what they could be. They are the OPs though with time release built in, but that's what I wanted. I want to switch over to just enough pills to curb the withdrawls, and once I get a baseline after a couple days, start slowly decreasing on a scheduled regimen of around 5% - 10% a week.

I run multiple businesses and that's the reason I can't just drop everything for a week and go to rehab. I also want to try it myself first, as I know I can do it mentally. They do the same thing with Methadone. Once I get rolling, I will be fine as I'm pretty confident in myself in doing this. If it doesn't work for whatever reason, then I will go to rehab as I will have no choice.

Thank you though, I really appreciate the help.

SAVE THE TIME WELL YOUR TIME~! ARE you ready to stop>? it is something u MUST want to do i am on suboxone well sublocade now but im 10 years in it saved my life but it also got me hooked on bupe~!!!!!!!! I would advise you to maybe start to network with some sober people in ur area because recovery is lifelong~! you are going to exp some CRAZY thought`s AND then some. message me if u need any help i have not touched a street opiate in years like 6 ;0 we got this~! YOU CAN DO THIS TOOOO~!

When I was first starting out here, I used to try to figure out a rough approximation of what a person's Heroin dependence actually entails dosage-wise. Even back then it was a fool's errand trying to figure these variables out. We can absolutely help you design a taper and successfully complete it, but first we're going to need a little bit of perspective. We don't know how pure your Heroin is or if it is even Heroin so we are starting from scratch.

Start preparing for your taper now. Acquire the necessary drugs, including all other medications that you think might help you. You will need to test the waters with the Oxycodone. I'm sure you can handle quite a bit, but you still need to proceed with caution. Pick a dosage that you believe to be reasonable and try it out. Just keep in mind that if you're still miserable, you can take more.

Why don't we start there for now? If you have any questions hit me up!
Thank you very much for that! I agree with you 100% and I know its all relative with so many variables to begin to start estimating what would be needed.

I currently have on hand 75 oxys total. 40 80mg and 35 60mg oxys. I will most likely need more, much more overall, but this will be a good start and should last at least a few weeks and give me a good guide on what I will need and for how long.

Regarding other drugs to help with the taper, is there anything you can highly recommend I should have on hand or should use along with it? I never really taken benzos much, or anything along those lines. Opiates were pretty much my only drug of choice. I can get benzos easily if you think taking a small dose may help get through rougher points of the taper process. As stated above, and from other reading, I hear that people can start having crazy thoughts and feeling pretty helpless during a detox or even after detoxing which is why I stated benzos in the first place.

I really don't know much about gabbapentin and other drugs like that. I hear very good things about them though when it comes to recovery.

Any advice would be very helpful. I'm actually thinking maybe I should document my entire taper experience on here so it can maybe help other people, be used for research purposes or anything positive, especially since I am doing it a fairly unconventional way. It will help hold me accountable also at the same time.

thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
SAVE THE TIME WELL YOUR TIME~! ARE you ready to stop>? it is something u MUST want to do i am on suboxone well sublocade now but im 10 years in it saved my life but it also got me hooked on bupe~!!!!!!!! I would advise you to maybe start to network with some sober people in ur area because recovery is lifelong~! you are going to exp some CRAZY thought`s AND then some. message me if u need any help i have not touched a street opiate in years like 6 ;0 we got this~! YOU CAN DO THIS TOOOO~!
Thank you for those encouraging words man! I know we can all do this!!! Just takes some perseverance and will power to not want to be a slave to substances anymore! One day at a time!

Hey Midgy, I can definitely recommend a few things that will make this process easier. First, I have to go off of the assumption that you have a prescriber that you can see for this problem. Yes, you will have to admit to your mistakes, but it's worth it for the access to comfort medications imo. So, let's dive right in shall we?

Clonidine (Catapres) - This is a blood pressure medication that has found new life as an anxiolytic/sedative. This will help with sleep, physical and psychological tension and your blood pressure!

Gabapentin (Neurontin)/Pregabalin (Lyrica) - These two drugs are obviously different, but for our purposes, if you can get either one it will do the trick. This med treats Restless Legs Syndrome/Akathisia, anxiety and some folks get a boost of energy. If you can only get one, get a Gabapentinoid. I will fill you in on their pharmacology if you manage to get ahold of some.

Cannabis (Ganja) - It is very common for those withdrawing from Opioids to experience pretty severe nausea. Cannabis can help alleviate nausea, stimulate appetite, reduce anxiety and help you sleep

Ondansetron (Zofran) - Definitely not as good as Cannabis, but this is an effective Rx that will keep you from vomiting

Benzodiazepines (Various) - When you discuss that mountain of Oxycontin and potential Benzo use in the same thread, my spidey sense starts tingling. You will be in new territory, using essentially a new medication. As I'm sure you're aware, this combination kills people all of the time. I believe you can get through this without using these, but that is totally up to you. Please just let me know if you do decide to use the Benzodiazepines and we can talk about it then hopefully.

Don't forget about muscle relaxers, Baclofen or Flexiril. One of these and clonidine should help during your transition. You may want a packet of imodium as well.
Also, you might want to break the first couple oxys open between your teeth, side them under your tongue, salivate well, let swell, then swallow.

Good luck!

Hey Midgy, I can definitely recommend a few things that will make this process easier. First, I have to go off of the assumption that you have a prescriber that you can see for this problem. Yes, you will have to admit to your mistakes, but it's worth it for the access to comfort medications imo. So, let's dive right in shall we?

Clonidine (Catapres) - This is a blood pressure medication that has found new life as an anxiolytic/sedative. This will help with sleep, physical and psychological tension and your blood pressure!

Gabapentin (Neurontin)/Pregabalin (Lyrica) - These two drugs are obviously different, but for our purposes, if you can get either one it will do the trick. This med treats Restless Legs Syndrome/Akathisia, anxiety and some folks get a boost of energy. If you can only get one, get a Gabapentinoid. I will fill you in on their pharmacology if you manage to get ahold of some.

Cannabis (Ganja) - It is very common for those withdrawing from Opioids to experience pretty severe nausea. Cannabis can help alleviate nausea, stimulate appetite, reduce anxiety and help you sleep

Ondansetron (Zofran) - Definitely not as good as Cannabis, but this is an effective Rx that will keep you from vomiting

Benzodiazepines (Various) - When you discuss that mountain of Oxycontin and potential Benzo use in the same thread, my spidey sense starts tingling. You will be in new territory, using essentially a new medication. As I'm sure you're aware, this combination kills people all of the time. I believe you can get through this without using these, but that is totally up to you. Please just let me know if you do decide to use the Benzodiazepines and we can talk about it then hopefully.
WOW! That was amazing! I will go down the list 1 by 1.

So, for Clonidine, that sounds like something that could be useful for sure.

Gabapentin sounds like the real winner and necessity for me individually. I definitely get restless and anxious for sure at times when having to come down or off.

Cannabis, I used to smoke a ton 10 years ago. I have tried some since a few times in the last 5 years and it actually made me extremely paranoid. I have to take a tiny half a hit and not actually get "high" to be alright and still get a tiny bit of the positives from it. I definitely wish I could smoke weed and handle it as I KNOW it would be something very useful.

Zofran, my girl actually has some right now on hand from an old issue she had after surgery.

And Benzos. Like I mentioned, I don't plan on touching these unless absolutely necessary but they are pretty easy to get, cheap, and they do work if needed. Will be very careful especially when mixing with oxys. hopefully, if there ever is a need for them, it will toward the end where the oxy dose will be much lower and thus less of a risk.

Thank you so much for that rundown, it is extremely helpful!

For the cannabis, start out slow. I'm just like you to much to quickly and I get super weirded out. But only for the cannabis aspect, I would suggest you find and Indica dominant or as pure of an Indica as you can legit find most are hybrids now and I can't do sativas. Start slow at first with the cannabis and mix in more cbd flower then you do actual bud (probably shoulda mentioned that before) you'll need CBD flower if you got dispensaries there for it. High percentage CBD since most likely your thc flower will be anywhere from 12-28%. But short of the mental factors or that could just be my own tendencies of wanting to push my buzz it has helped me not replace some of the feelings I was seeking out of oxy.. albeit I had a 10mg a day habit.

Thank you for those encouraging words man! I know we can all do this!!! Just takes some perseverance and will power to not want to be a slave to substances anymore! One day at a time!
yes man thats a fact it is so very hard tho~!

Unless that heroin is very weak you may have a bit of a conversion issue. Even without fent, 150mg of oxy is about 60-90mg of snorted pure heroin as far as a single dose so I'm thinking you might need more oxy. Unless your heroin is less than 10% pure you might want to taper down a bit further on the dope. Can always test your tolerance out with the oxy but my guess is, if you want to start at 150mg oxy you might want to be closer to 0.5g a day and that is if it isn't a fentanyl mix which most likely it is. In that case you may have to take a lot more oxy, or taper down to something like .25-.1g daily if you wanted to start at 150mg of oxy.Snorted heroin is about 2x stronger than oral oxy so if you had been taking 1000mg of pure heroin daily and switched over to 150mg of oxycodone that would have about 1/13th the effect.

When you first started doing this heroin how much did you find to be equivalent to the oxy 30s you had been doing, that might give you an idea of how strong your particular stuff. If it took a whole point to feel the same as a 30 its probably quite weak

If your heroin is brown / tan than yes, chances are you are running a pure #4 real heroin. Congratulations, you are one of the 1% who actually can access the good stuff.

$26 an oxy 80? Wow south Florida really is a gold mine 🤣

But yeah If your using real pure heroin and a gram a day, you probably need 300-500 mg of oxy to maintain (Don’t do this at once obviously that could be deadly)

You seem like an intelligent individual, and I’m really pulling for ya man. A lot of us drug users are actually incredibly bright people who just like to explore the world of drugs, I certainly am one of them.

Best of luck, stick to the plan, at the end of the day the human mind and determination outweighs even the toughest of things, even opiate withdrawal.

My caution to you would be that quitting Oxycodone may cause worse withdrawals than pure heroin. It did for me.

Unless that heroin is very weak you may have a bit of a conversion issue. Even without fent, 150mg of oxy is about 60-90mg of snorted pure heroin as far as a single dose so I'm thinking you might need more oxy. Unless your heroin is less than 10% pure you might want to taper down a bit further on the dope. Can always test your tolerance out with the oxy but my guess is, if you want to start at 150mg oxy you might want to be closer to 0.5g a day and that is if it isn't a fentanyl mix which most likely it is. In that case you may have to take a lot more oxy, or taper down to something like .25-.1g daily if you wanted to start at 150mg of oxy.Snorted heroin is about 2x stronger than oral oxy so if you had been taking 1000mg of pure heroin daily and switched over to 150mg of oxycodone that would have about 1/13th the effect.

When you first started doing this heroin how much did you find to be equivalent to the oxy 30s you had been doing, that might give you an idea of how strong your particular stuff. If it took a whole point to feel the same as a 30 its probably quite weak
When I was switching over from oxy to dope, I was using around 7-10 30mg for the whole day, sniffing them. it would take a half a thumbnail amount of dope to feel good, so thats considerably less than a full point. Down here, my guy does not sell points, and dope generally isn't sold in bundles like up north in NY/NJ (I have seen both). I buy 5-7 grams at a time here and it lasts a week or whatever because I hate going to meet daily. It's good quality dope, and im pretty sure its not cut (at least at the lower level) with fent. 95% of the time its light brown hard chunks so I know its hasn't been messed with too much on a street level, and he will have the same stuff sometimes for multiple weeks if not maybe a month or sometimes a little longer....which shows me hes most likely buying large quantities (bricks). My guy does not cut it which I know for a fact, so how he gets it, is how he gives it to me.

I have had experience early on with folks other than him, and the dope just looks bad quality, taste horrible, makes me sneeze/cough, whatever, and I know its not high quality....BUT, it would get me REALLY high off a small amount, and the high would be a little different. Right then and there, I know its most likely fent in it. That's why I ONLY stick to my 1 dude as he is extremely consistent with the quality and no BS games.

I think you are right about needing more oxy now that I think about it. I notice that the morning times or beginning of the day is where I use a larger amount of dope than the rest of the day. When transitioning, I can maybe chew 1 or 2 of the pills up so it releases faster.

I wonder how I would handle a full 80mg, or if I would even feel a single 80mg? It seems like a large dose, just because of what it is, but compared to dope, ehhh 80mg may not even really phase me much. Especially the time release aspect along with it. If it were immediate release, it may hit a little.

If your heroin is brown / tan than yes, chances are you are running a pure #4 real heroin. Congratulations, you are one of the 1% who actually can access the good stuff.

$26 an oxy 80? Wow south Florida really is a gold mine 🤣

But yeah If your using real pure heroin and a gram a day, you probably need 300-500 mg of oxy to maintain (Don’t do this at once obviously that could be deadly)

You seem like an intelligent individual, and I’m really pulling for ya man. A lot of us drug users are actually incredibly bright people who just like to explore the world of drugs, I certainly am one of them.

Best of luck, stick to the plan, at the end of the day the human mind and determination outweighs even the toughest of things, even opiate withdrawal.

My caution to you would be that quitting Oxycodone may cause worse withdrawals than pure heroin. It did for me.
Thanks man! Yes, I actually do feel lucky in a sense to have this connection because it scares me half to death to have to seek product elsewhere, not knowing what the hell you are going to get, the bullshit you will go through, places you would need to go etc... and the product 95% of the time was very clean high quality and was never overpowering than the next. Of course there may be a slight variation between batches, but there was never one batch that was just insanely powerful or one batch that was super weak. It was all good for almost 2 years straight, which leads me to believe further it was actual heroin and not fent or anything else.

Is that a good price or bad price in your opinion for the 80s? I mean how much cheaper can they actually go realistically, lol.

And yes, I'd like to think im a pretty smart businessman, being 28 and successful in every other part of my life except this shit...

I appreciate the encouragement man, I really do. I will document my progress through here when I start. I think I have a little more planning to do and things to get on hand, including more oxys before beginning to start, and then in the next couple weeks, I will be starting.

I will be starting the conversion over to the oxys during a time when my girl has several days off in a row to help me out and to make sure she is there for me and all is well. She supports me 100% and im very grateful for that. Wish me luck! Thank you again!

I would assume your tolerance is higher now than before you started the heroin? Can only assume you will need more now than then unless you've been though a good bit of withdrawals already. Where I live people can get prescribed morphine ER for opiate addiction and their are quite a few people on between 1 and 2 grams of morphine daily which would be about 660mg-1320 mg of oxy. I always bought from the same dealer and the strength was quite consistent, always rocks/chunks but urine test told me it was a mix of heroin/fent. To find the right dose I would recommend using instant release or chewed oxy at first to see how much you need in a single instant release dose (Id start at like 50mg and titrate up by 20mg every 20min or so until you feel okay), then double that amount in Oxycontin Extended release form 2-3x a day should be similar. So if you needed 100mg oxy instant release to feel okay you would probably need something like 400-600mg per day total.

I was able to get 60 more 60mg Oxys so that should help a lot hopefully. That brings my total of 95 60mg pills and 40 80mg pills. 135 pills total. That should last a few weeks at least.

Anyone have any good tips or ideas for the actual transition over? How to do it properly? Does it matter if I just use like normal up until like 11pm or 12pm and then wake up in the morning and start with the pills, or not bother with that time frame and just jump right in since its all opiates anyway?

I was able to get 60 more 60mg Oxys so that should help a lot hopefully. That brings my total of 95 60mg pills and 40 80mg pills. 135 pills total. That should last a few weeks at least.

Anyone have any good tips or ideas for the actual transition over? How to do it properly? Does it matter if I just use like normal up until like 11pm or 12pm and then wake up in the morning and start with the pills, or not bother with that time frame and just jump right in since its all opiates anyway?

Hey man, first time posting, actually created an account just to get involved in this discussion. Your situation and plan really sounds very similar to what's been going on with me recently, so I had to post. So for a whie now I've been back and forth between using pills like oxy (30mg IR) and sometimes Opana (10mg IR or various XR), and then switching over to dope, or making an attempt to quit or take a break using Buprenorphine, and then back to pills, dope, etc, depending on losing or gaining connections, or my tolerance getting to crazy that it makes my life almost impossible to manage (I'm a car salesmen/manager/trainer/technology specialist/anything regular salesmen can't or won't do for our customers, working 50+ hours a week, in addition the being back in school taking night classes, 2 lectures 2 labs this semster, it's a associates degree for process technology, badcually plant operator training)

I used to just sniff the pills, but about 2 years ago I was reading about the bioavailability of Opana, so I decided to try shooting them, and I haven't looked back since. Most recently, I got to the point where I'd crush up 3 Roxy 30's into a single shot, and it went from giving me a decent rush, great feeling, and all around on top of the world mind and body high, to barley anything. So I stated getting this light brown, rock heroin, comes in big softball sized chunks originally I've seen my guy break off grams for me. A gram will typically last me about 8-10 shots, and I've been doing about 3 of them from 6am - noon, then I may do another in the evening, (but I try not to do too much later on in the day, bc then my dick doesn't want to finish and my wife gets fucking PISSED bc she hates it when I don't nut), so total about a half G a day, to try and give you a reference.

So if I do my half G and am done by early afternoon, I'll generally come down very slowly, even though I IV the high seems to always at least be a little present until I fall asleep. I had ran out of dope actually last week after doing this for a while, so come around 4pm the next day, I'm starting to fiend slightly, so I end up finding some oxys, and quciky prep myself a 90mg shot. Now I know it had some effect on me, becuase I stop feeling itchy and sweating, and my pupils did get smaller, but it wasn't until a half hour later after I had a glass of whiskey and beer that I actually could say I felt "high" off the oxy.

Sounds like your H habit and tolerance is almost double what mine is,(I'm 30, male, right under 6ft, 200lbs) and you plan on eating the extended release oxys, I'd say you probably should start with at least 200mg at once (after you test you're tolerance to them, but I don't expect 80mg to do anything noticeable to you at all), and maybe look into dissolving them in soda or something to try and speed up that extended release crap, though I've never had much success with that myself. I know you want to try and dose 3xs a day, but with that extended release formula, I really don't think that I'll be too helpful.

Taking one "large" dose in the morning or early afternoon, hopefully tweaking the amount that it will be able to last you all day and get you to sleep at night, would be my advice. Personally, when I am trying to quit dope (or, I'll be honest, take a break from it), I'll use subs or zubsolv, and take a kinda big dose once a day around 9am, normally 6-8mg Buprenorphine, and I'll stick to that, just dosing once a day. I used to try and spilt it up, 4mg at 9am and 4 at 9pm, but I found it would cause me to crave more, especially if I had decided to have some beers or something in the early evening I've tried to tamper down using roxys after dope before, but once I left my tolerance get low enough again, I'll start using more oxy bc it finally is getting me high again, and the cycle starts all over. Now I'm hopeful this will be differnt for you, especially since your dope tolerance and use sounds like it far exceeds my own, but if after a few weeks your taper down isn't going as you hope, maybe look into suboxone or zubsolv, I know people say that withdrawing from Buprenorphine is worse than dope, but in my option it's worth it because no matter the amount of dope you're using, it'll eliminate withdrawal symptoms, and a maintenance dose of them is WAY less expensive than oxy, even with your stupid crazy prices for those 80's lol. Just something to consider, like I said I hope your plan works, bu given the similarities I felt to your story and plans, I had to share my own.

Wish you the best of luck, and please keep posting updates on how it is going!

O and sorry, to answer you about your question here, the time frame, I'd say use up your dope the night before, go to bed, then when you wake up, try and hold out a few hours until you start to feel mild withdrawals, then start the oxy.