• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

! (Heroin) Six Dead, Nottinghamshire Issues health Alert !

Si Dread

Bluelighter
.. has this appeared here yet..?

A "public health emergency" has been declared in Nottinghamshire after six people died in the county within a week after taking unusually pure heroin.

Chris Kenny, the county's director of public health, warned that a batch of the drug being circulated was three times stronger than normal.

He said the six who died were part of a drug rehabilitation programme.

Potential users as well as hospitals, pharmacies and GPs have all been alerted about the risk.

Mr Kenny said all of those who died within the past week had been on the "road to recovery" as part of the Crime Reduction Initiatives (CRI) programme.

He said: "We're aware there's some heroin circulating in the community that's two or three times the purity.

"What's happened is [CRI] service users have obviously been taking this and have inadvertently taken a level that is dangerous to them and in six cases they have died.

"We're treating it as a public health emergency."

Mr Kenny confirmed that Nottinghamshire Police was investigating the deaths and the CRI has begun an internal inquiry.

Drug users, their friends and families, can call a 24-hour hotline on 0115 896 0798 for advice about the drug.

from - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-33126995

Good move. The unregulated market strikes again :( These people are the victims of the Misuse of Drugs Act.

Legislation cannot make drugs safer, but Legislation can make drugs users safer by regulating, taxing & controlling the market. If concern for the health & lives of our fellow humans is the genuine reason behind drugs laws, then why not change them to reduce the harms caused by drugs?

Good move. The unregulated market strikes again :( These people are the victims of the Misuse of Drugs Act.

Legislation cannot make drugs safer, but Legislation can make drugs users safer by regulating, taxing & controlling the market. If concern for the health & lives of our fellow humans is the genuine reason behind drugs laws, then why not change them to reduce the harms caused by drugs?

I fail to see how anyone could argue with what you just said right there sir <3

The polkice issued a warning for heroin users in the Shropshire area as well - 5 (five!) confirmed dead yesterday due to what has been described as 'unusually pure heroin'

Ive only just noticed that the same quote was used to describe the nottingham gear

I fail to see how anyone could argue with what you just said right there sir <3

Thanks but would you believe people actually argue that point with me to my face? Utterly infuriates me.

Their argument goes, "Yeah but while drugs are illegal, it's your own fault if something bad happens when you take them. The government is telling you not to do it, the government is trying to keep you safe". That's their argument.

I have a sneaking suspicion this gear has hit the Manchester area.

A running buddy of mine, well; a couple, warned me today about some extreme gear suddenly available, by delivery only - between them they have a 6 bag (~1-1.2g) a day habit used IV. 200mg of this new batch had, by their admission, both of them gouching for 5 hours.
I suspected a typical Fent cut scenario, but the duration doesn't match up and is indistinguishable from very high grade Heroin in every way.

I acquired 300mg of the batch and, as the usual pre-pin potency measure, chased some on foil. I have smoked 100mg and am honestly scared to IV the rest, that single point along with the BA of smoking has been enough to hit me like a train. It tastes and runs perfectly. Basically no unwelcome side-effects, no Fentanyl-esque insta-nod for 10 minutes then a headache, but a powerful hit that lasts as it should.

Please people, be very, very careful. This is at least 5x the potency of the last batch I had. The dealer himself warned every customer to take his warnings seriously and start very low, or else they'd be dead.

It isn't. I know you know this.

But it so isn't. Never has been.

Depressingly never will be.

& while that remains, we are at war & I shall affect dissent against this system until I am no longer of this earth or the system changes...

Very few peole actually die from a pure heroin od its normally with something els booze, valium etc or a cut - the amount needed to kill an opiate non naive person is about a g and a half i seem to recolect (Im sure someone will know the exact amount)

I agree.

I'm no stranger to heroin. I've never taken pure heroin but I'm sure as shit certain that not even close to that amount is needed to kill, tolerance or not.. Why are you making heroin out to be benign?

before you shout me down do your own research - iv'e done mine.

before you shout me down do your own research - iv'e done mine.

Really?

i seem to recolect (Im sure someone will know the exact amount)

Great 'research'.

Toxic and lethal doses can vary widely due to tolerance. This is one reason you are speaking dangerous rubbish quoting the figure you do.

Most OD's occur because of a period of abstinence (eg prison) and the user returning to a dose he or she can't handle. This may be a dose of as little as 200mg.

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/pharm/pim261f.htm

thats why i said 'opiate NON naive' btw the figure i found was 1800mg's. It's the same kinda thing with E when you look in to it most deaths are caused by other means.

....I have taken .3 shots of 75% #4 and been on my feet but i had a habit -when the gear was normally 40%ish . Brown gear can only get to about 70% purity i.e 70%diamorphine so if the papers are saying 2-3x more pure that means its starting at 25-40% - tho average street gear now is about 30%