• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Question

Okay so this is my first time on this site and was looking for people's opinions. So i have been using dope give or take for about a year. I use maybe 1/8th To a 1/4th of a gram a day. I have only ever snorted it and not through IV , but anyway about 5 days ago i decided enough was enough and wanted to quit. I went day 1 with nothing to help, day 2 he took 2.5mg of suboxone and day 3 took 1.5mg of suboxone. I am now on day 6 and haven't really felt any physical wd's just post wd such as no energy and hard to sleep. I was wondering how long it will take to start feeling energy again and how long until i will be able to sleep normal

Hi Ruthless101
In a way you're lucky to not experience full on withdrawal.
I've been in your situation before; although now my physical dependence on heroin is thoroughly embedded in my DNA and even after detox and lengthy abstinence it resumes not long (2 weeks or so) after relapsing.
But from experience I would warn that feelings of lethargy and having no energy will persist for weeks. You should experience an improvement after 2 months; sorry I know this is a long time, but hang in there: any relapse will bring you back to square one. I imagine that many people sink into addiction because of this persistent feeling.

^ juan hit the nail on the head. PAWS (post acute withdrawal syndrome) can be quite lengthy, but don't give in, your energy will come back as long as you stay away from opiates which is easy to say (trust me, i know) but sometimes it can be incredibly hard. if you ever need someone to talk to bluelight is here for you man.
our recovery support forums are great and you should totally check them out :)

Hey y'all. This is my first post on BL, and I finally decided to join today after roughly a year or so of reading posts as a guest...anyway, I wanna thank Xan_Man for asking more or less what I wanted to ask w/o starting a whole new post. And especially to everyone else who contributed.
Xan, I'm new here, but not to the so-called "game"
I just wanna say, whatever you decide to take, or do, or whatever...always remember, NEVER let it do YOU. If something scares you, its because you're not stupid.
Just try and be patient, and until the day may come when you're ready to end your habits, make the fight here and now, about keeping your method of escapism from controlling you. Baby steps are better than no steps.

Just try and be patient, and until the day may come when you're ready to end your habits, make the fight here and now, about keeping your method of escapism from controlling you. Baby steps are better than no steps.

i have been summoned, i know not why ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
aha but welcome welcome vapordragon, glad to have you here

AHHHHH!!!!

What is happening with the misinformation guys? In every thread I've encountered today, there's been some nugget of utter, unsafe bullshit. Please do not ever tell someone that they cannot overdose by smoking/vaporizing Heroin. It is simply not true. I repeat, IT IS NOT TRUE AND YOU CAN DIE FROM SMOKING HEROIN.

This is not okay with me. Justtakethat, you are seriously going to hurt someone with your posts. I'm sorry, but we're going to be moving forward with infractions and possible banishment. We're not going to let potentially deadly misinformation be presented as fact. You are just repeatedly spreading information that is not true and presneting it as absolute fact. There's not excuse for this. We live in the age of informatiuon and virtually any question can be answered by the internet in a matter of seconds.

We will never be upset at you for not knowing. We all are here to learn, after all. However, we will be upset if you take your lack of knowledge and apply it to other members. There's already so much misinformation out there, we cannot afford to have yet another source of misinformation harming our community.

Whaaaa wow I learned 2 things today that h always give u nausea wow so why do ppl use

I can't believe after reading for years I just find out h can in fact kill people when smoked damn this guy. Is a damn good mod and potential life saver he should take comfort knowing that peace.

Whaaaa wow I learned 2 things today that h always give u nausea wow so why do ppl use

I can't believe after reading for years I just find out h can in fact kill people when smoked damn this guy. Is a damn good mod and potential life saver he should take comfort knowing that peace.
Heroin provides the least amount of naseua than all opiates I've tried before. But seeing as this looks like a troll post I'll refrain from addressing why people use h or opiates even though it makes you feel sick.

Heroin provides the least amount of naseua than all opiates I've tried before. But seeing as this looks like a troll post I'll refrain from addressing why people use h or opiates even though it makes you feel sick.
that's a new definition of trolling! now I've learnt three new things in this thread

subjective - we're all different and will experience opiates accordingly.
for instance, my sister can't take morphine as it makes her violently ill but and equivalent dose of codeine is fine. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

There's always a risk of OD. Period. The risk of heroin OD is not the OD itself per-se. It's the fact that it is a CNS depressant so it knocks out your respiratory drive. Basically you just stop breathing. I don't ever recommend doing anything alone, at least if you OD'd on heroin mouth to mouth would keep you going long enough for the medics to show up and hit you with the narcan.

Or just don't touch the shite in the first bloody place!

Please refrain from bumping threads simply to tell people that they shouldn't be using drugs. If people don't want to use drugs, I'm sure there are a lot of lovely anti-drug resources out there that they can consult, but this is Bluelight. We are a Harm Reduction forum. This means helping those who have made the decision to use drugs already, do so in the safest manner possible.

These kinds of statements are really contrary to our philosophy and mission, so please refrain from making them when they're completely uninvited. You could potentially derail a thread that might have otherwise provided useful or even life-saving information to another member.

simply a courtesy warning, posts such as these will no longer be tolerated,
these forums are not for irresponsible, mocking posts that gives nothing back to the posters or community -
please reconsider your attitude or expect infraction applies swiftly
please message me should you require a more in depth explanation, ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Excuse me all I said was don't touch opiates CU's they ain't worth it maybe I was a little direct but only cus I wanted to stress how dangerous it is to get into opiates I am new to sorry

Excuse me all I said was don't touch opiates CU's they ain't worth it maybe I was a little direct but only cus I wanted to stress how dangerous it is to get into opiates I am new to sorry

that Reaganesque 'just say no' attitude you harbor is harmful rather than helpful.
i'm paying particular attention to you - stick to the guidelines, i implore you, or expect to be infracted.