• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Question

Xan_Man

Bluelighter
Tonight is my second time ever using Heroin. Both times it was snorted. I've read about people getting nauseous 5-10 minutes afterwards and throwing up. But with me, I don't get nauseous at all until at least a couple hours have passed. I was wondering why this may be. It's a bit concerning because I am afraid to allow myself to fall asleep after using, as I might choke on my vomit in my sleep. How can I prevent this from happening? Also, is it normal to be throwing up 10 hours after last snorting it

Last edited:
Before I start, I might add that if you're scared of doing the drug, you probably shouldn't do it. You should probably read up about the drug before doing it, but I know the case is often different. Abstinence from the drug is the only true way to avoid consequences; harm reduction can only do so much.

But anyways, I've done heroin…quite a lot. While I don't do it intravenously, I do it nasally, my fiancé does and neither of us have ever thrown up, and we've done large amounts. If you are afraid of it, you should sleep on your stomach, or on your side, or just not fall asleep at all. Here is a link to an article that explains a lot of the scientific reasons heroin and / or opiates make one throw up, it's common, apparently, but I don't think i've ever witnessed it and a lot of the people around me use ron. https://www.howtokickheroin.com/why-does-heroin-make-you-nauseous/

Heroin is not a drug you would like to get used Xan_Man. There's no happy end there. Sorry to say, but since you are just starting I think you should try something else. It has a great potential to destroy your life, in an number of ways. Whatever you are looking for, I'd strongly suggest that you at least think about another drug. Addiction is too heavy and you'll never get away. And even if you do, it's not going to be a good experience for you then, IMHO.

I should have listened to both of you. This is Xan_man, I just can't remember my login info I must have used some weird password and email address. I'm sitting in a hospital right now, lucky to have a functioning brain let alone be alive. My God do I wish I had just listened to the both of you. They were just words on a page, and now they are reality. I can safely say I'm never putting myself in this situation again. There I was, thinking that because I was sourcing it from the same person that I'd be just fine

For the record, I've always experienced nausea toward the middle of my high. Most people I know are then same although a very intense, potent dosage can definitely make someone vomit pretty quickly.

I should have listened to both of you. This is Xan_man, I just can't remember my login info I must have used some weird password and email address. I'm sitting in a hospital right now, lucky to have a functioning brain let alone be alive. My God do I wish I had just listened to the both of you. They were just words on a page, and now they are reality. I can safely say I'm never putting myself in this situation again. There I was, thinking that because I was sourcing it from the same person that I'd be just fine

Damn man. Glad you're alive. Was it fent?

Damn man. Glad you're alive. Was it fent?

I honestly don't know. There was a bunch of ODs in my state during my the same timeframe so it is quite possible. I didn't actually see the toxicology report.
Maybe I'll find out tomorrow. My friend who got me the stuff all 3 times is fine, but he also has a pretty high tolerance, so even if it was fent maybe that's why he was ok? For some reason I did more research on every other substance I've injested but figured hey let me wing it with one of the most dangerous ones...

Christ Xan_Man, what happened mate?
I got the stuff Saturday morning at like 2 am. Used about 2/3 bags worth I would imagine, it was all bunched together in about 7/8 bags worth. I texted some girl after waking up around 9 (I don't remember doing it) who's almost a nurse saying I had ringing in my ears, what should I do? Didn't mention the H though. Then I remember needing fresh air, running outside, and slowly blacking out. I had been crashing at a friend's house, he found me, thought I was just asleep. But I started throwing up blood and went into a seizure. My friend wasn't prepared for that, but luckily his aunt was over who is an ER nurse. She took one look at me and realized what was up. The docs say had I injected,
I'd be dead. So either it was a strong batch that I stupidly underestimated, or fent. Still not sure

I got the stuff Saturday morning at like 2 am. Used about 2/3 bags worth I would imagine, it was all bunched together in about 7/8 bags worth. I texted some girl after waking up around 9 (I don't remember doing it) who's almost a nurse saying I had ringing in my ears, what should I do? Didn't mention the H though. Then I remember needing fresh air, running outside, and slowly blacking out. I had been crashing at a friend's house, he found me, thought I was just asleep. But I started throwing up blood and went into a seizure. My friend wasn't prepared for that, but luckily his aunt was over who is an ER nurse. She took one look at me and realized what was up. The docs say had I injected,
I'd be dead. So either it was a strong batch that I stupidly underestimated, or fent. Still not sure

God. Damn.

God. Damn.

Yeah. The addict in me says "oh, just don't use street drugs anymore and you'll be fine. Pharms have never given you a problem before, you were always able to measure out your doses effectively". Luckily that's being overpowered by the rest of me, that realizes how stupid that is and that it's time for me to actually start my life. I've wasted 8 years on drugs, almost died multiple times. If I choose that life again, after going through this, I don't deserve to live. Maybe ther are people who can use recreationally on weekends from time to time for 20+years. But I am certainly not one of them

While it sucks that you had to wake up in a fucking hospital, it sounds like this scare might be the best thing that's happened to you in the long run. Life-changing, in a good way.

While I don't know many H users myself, I hear the stories of those users brought back to life my Narcan, and then go looking for their next bag as soon as they can. Crazy.

You might just be right. Thank goodness I didn't get fully hooked on it, or I would probably be one of those people. As ashamed as I am to admit it, the thought did cross my head - well maybe nobody found the stuff hidden in my bag, maybe I'll take a tiny bump if there is any leftover since clearly I took too much last time. ... But of course it was nowhere to be found. Looking at these forums now, I see them in a different light. I see them from the addict point of view I still have, as well as from the point of view of someone who almost died and from the point of view of non drug users. I never realized how far along into addiction I got, even if it was never to one particular DOC. Some of my old posts make me cringe. Mixing drugs, taking obscene amounts of certain drugs [obscene to most people, but baby amounts to some people]. I thought getting out of the hospital I would snap out of it like that, but apparently it's not that easy. Not even near death was enough to shake some of my thoughts. But that doesn't mean I have to succumb to them. I just have to take it one day at a time. I gave recreational drug use a shot, and I failed multiple times. It's not for me, I just have to learn how to accept that.

I thought getting out of the hospital I would snap out of it like that, but apparently it's not that easy. Not even near death was enough to shake some of my thoughts. But that doesn't mean I have to succumb to them. I just have to take it one day at a time. I gave recreational drug use a shot, and I failed multiple times. It's not for me, I just have to learn how to accept that.

don't beat yourself up about it. alot of people think that being in hospital as a result of you using is gona be that big wake up call you so desperately needed but its not always like that. ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ i did the same as you, woke up from an OD, left hospital, wound up back i hospital two weeks later from another more serious OD, was on life support and had to learn to walk again, was discharged and started using again. its just the insidious nature of opiates, you're not alone there. i hope you don't wind up in that kind of situation again though, take care.

Damn bro I guess you skipped the matchhead advise, you should of done small bumps to test it. Idk how powder smoked but I would've smoked it off of foil because there's virtually no risk of overdose as you'd pass out before you ODed. I hope this doesn't put you off of opiates or H or anything like that but it is clear that you need to be a lot more educated when doing things than could end your life.

^ JTT i don't know why you insist on taking this shitty tone with people but your actually doing the opposite of educating; if i had a teacher like you i'd never attend class. i apologise on his behalf Xan_man, now;

Damn bro I guess you skipped the matchhead advise, you should of done small bumps to test it. Idk how powder smoked but I would've smoked it off of foil because there's virtually no risk of overdose as you'd pass out before you ODed. I hope this doesn't put you off of opiates or H or anything like that but it is clear that you need to be a lot more educated when doing things than could end your life.

i nearly died from an OD brought on by smoking.
virtually in no way means certainly. i just thought i'd highlight the fact that there is no safe way to take strong opiates like heroin; doctors accidentally kill patients in hospital with them every day. i'm not trying to lecture or attack anyone in anyway, i smoked .1 an hour ago, i just want you to
bear that in mind Xan_Manm that's all.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ you have a lovely day now.

Last edited:
AHHHHH!!!!

What is happening with the misinformation guys? In every thread I've encountered today, there's been some nugget of utter, unsafe bullshit. Please do not ever tell someone that they cannot overdose by smoking/vaporizing Heroin. It is simply not true. I repeat, IT IS NOT TRUE AND YOU CAN DIE FROM SMOKING HEROIN.

This is not okay with me. Justtakethat, you are seriously going to hurt someone with your posts. I'm sorry, but we're going to be moving forward with infractions and possible banishment. We're not going to let potentially deadly misinformation be presented as fact. You are just repeatedly spreading information that is not true and presneting it as absolute fact. There's not excuse for this. We live in the age of informatiuon and virtually any question can be answered by the internet in a matter of seconds.

We will never be upset at you for not knowing. We all are here to learn, after all. However, we will be upset if you take your lack of knowledge and apply it to other members. There's already so much misinformation out there, we cannot afford to have yet another source of misinformation harming our community.

What's the chances to die from smoking heroin with no other drugs mate? I mean maybe if a person slapped the whole gram on the foil and went to town but we're just talking about casually using I thought. I don't wish to receive any infractions, and I believe there was another thread on here about how smoking H has a VERY low chance of OD. I said it was virtually impossible, not it's never possible at all. In your opinion what is the risk of overdose from just smoking heroin alone? 1 or 2 percent chance you should do too much?

What's the chances to die from smoking heroin with no other drugs mate? I mean maybe if a person slapped the whole gram on the foil and went to town but we're just talking about casually using I thought. I don't wish to receive any infractions, and I believe there was another thread on here about how smoking H has a VERY low chance of OD. I said it was virtually impossible, not it's never possible at all. In your opinion what is the risk of overdose from just smoking heroin alone? 1 or 2 percent chance you should do too much?

Trying to quantify the risk is absurd. There are far too many variables in play.

Whatever your ROA it's always crucial to test your gear first with a VERY small dose. Have a buddy with you if possible, and even better, make sure he or she has narcan and knows how to use it.