• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin no longer effects me like it used to

burn out

Bluelighter
I recently went back to the needle due to another severe event that damaged my CNS and left me extremely depressed and hopeless toward life again. However it no longer works like it used to. Part of this I attribute to a lot of the spiritual work I did in the years I was off of it, as well as all the psychedelic trips I took which changed me as a person and made me more spiritually awake. I find this greatly detracts from my enjoyment of heroin. It just isn't the escape it used to be.

But what baffles me the most is why the physical effects also seem different. For example, it doesn't even seem to work well as a painkiller anymore. I just shot some heroin and the pain in legs is still quite noticeable. In addition to that, back in the day whenever id take heroin Id always have the hardest time urinating. now it seems I can urinate just fine even on large amounts of heroin. Why could this be? I dont think its the heroin because if anything the heroin Im getting now is much more potent and pure than before.

Another big difference is I dont nod anymore. Doing enough to make me nod is like past OD level. Now I start having problems breathing long before I get to nod level. Why is this?

Very strange indeed. How would you know the quality is higher if its not having the positive effects? Just curious. The purity would be the only thing I could think of unless your encountering a "mind over matter" situation? I am in the same boat but mine is related to tolerance and the regularity of my dosing without increasing it. Heroin has a short half life as you probably know, so actually using it for pain might not be the best...maybe try to switch to something with a longer half life like oxy? Good luck!

The breathing problem is likely because you are experiencing respiratory depression (which opiates cause), possibly you could be allergic to something in the cut, or sometimes heroin users get pneumonia. It happens to me as well and it's usually at night and accompanied by coughing and anxiety. It's never happened with suboxone or other opiates either....just heroin. It's awful.

Very strange indeed. How would you know the quality is higher if its not having the positive effects? Just curious. The purity would be the only thing I could think of unless your encountering a "mind over matter" situation? I am in the same boat but mine is related to tolerance and the regularity of my dosing without increasing it. Heroin has a short half life as you probably know, so actually using it for pain might not be the best...maybe try to switch to something with a longer half life like oxy? Good luck!

I know the quality is higher because a quarter gram lasted me 10 days recently. I used to go through a quarter gram in less than a day, maybe 2-3 days max if it was real strong. Ive switched to dnm dope and its literallly 10x purer than what I got on the street. I overdosed last summer and very nearly died because of how strong it is. I never used to have to be careful with the street dope I'd buy, I used to run out of dope long before reach overdose level (like Id buy <no prices>, do it all in one day and not overdose). This dope I literally poor the tiniest amount imaginable into the spoon and do it in 2-3 shots to make certain I don't overdose because its so easy to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the quality is higher because a quarter gram lasted me 10 days recently. I used to go through a quarter gram in less than a day, maybe 2-3 days max if it was real strong. Ive switched to dnm dope and its literallly 10x purer than what I got on the street. I overdosed last summer and very nearly died because of how strong it is. I never used to have to be careful with the street dope I'd buy, I used to run out of dope long before reach overdose level (like Id buy <no prices>, do it all in one day and not overdose). This dope I literally poor the tiniest amount imaginable into the spoon and do it in 2-3 shots to make certain I don't overdose because its so easy to do.

You are lucky! I get super shitty quality right now but prices are same. And I only have one dude left that carries it, the other vanished. Wish I had another plug, but I don't really know too many people with this here in Montreal...

Last edited by a moderator:
CNS damage? You mean like damage to your brain? Ever since I got hypoxic brain damage, opiates haven't really been the same. I guess I'd attribute it to the absolute annihilation of your receptors; just having them completely blown out. That's what I think about myself. I took 840mg of codeine over about 12 hours and that was after a few months of being sober. I wasn't that high after the second redose tbh, that's why I think I just overloaded my receptors. Later on I stopped breathing and woke up choking on my vomit. Anyway I stopped breathing for just about 2 minutes, I was lying in bed watching a youtube video and I nodded out pretty much as soon as it started and woke up at like 2:14. Anyway that's my theory, I don't know much about neuroscience though.

What event are you refering to?

It's probably going to sound strange which is why I didn't go into yet but I basically destroyed my mind with my body's own electrical energy. I was watching a Teal Swan video on youtube (her videos had been helping me heal a lot of my deep traumas) and she said to raise your sexual energy up your spine, so I did. The results were disastrous. Massive amounts of energy began flowing into my brain causing my mind to fall apart, and my sense of self to split into a million pieces. I had wild hallucinations and difficulty breathing. I believe the energy rose through the wrong channel, along the side instead of directly up the spine. Anyway ever this happened, my life has been utter misery and hell every second and I've pretty much given up.

That story just doesn't add up to me.

Do you even know the science behind what you're talking about? What "channel" are you talking about? It went up the "side"?

And even if this was the case, that it caused your 'mind to fall apart", I highly doubt it would destroy your endorphin receptors and your brain's ability to properly process the effects of diacetylmorphine.

I think you believe in wacky things and caused yourself a panic attack and now you're paranoid that you'll never be the same.

Mind over matter like somebody else said. Maybe a weird cut. Could be anything, but that theory seems highly unlikely.

Your sexual energy made your mind fall apart?
Think you need to fuck the drugs off and seek professional help for mental health problems.

I have read often that DNM heroin is fentanyl with cutting agents. I can't imagine lasting 250 mg heroin even if 100% pure 10 days. That would be 5x5mg shots per day? But maybe that's because my tolerance is so high, i used 300-600mg diamorphine per day the last several month. And that was definitely rather pure, because i acetylated the morphine myself. And at my clinic, most patients are above 100mg diamorphine per shot (its legal here).

Your sexual energy made your mind fall apart?
Think you need to fuck the drugs off and seek professional help for mental health problems.

Oh I know, I am quite mentally ill and so depressed I don't even see a point of seeking help. Every shot of heroin only makes my state of mind worse but I keep doing it just because I get 2 seconds of relief during the rush. I've descended in total despair and hell. I stopped going to work and moved back into my mom's basement, so I am going to have to see a doctor fairly soon if for no other reason to try to apply for disability because I can't hold down a job anymore.

What do you do when you just can't cope with life anymore and have no more energy to fight or get better? I've already dealt with a seven year recovery from benzo withdrawal, after years of daily high dose usage which was absolute hell and took all my strength. Then I suffered a hypoxic brain injury last summer when I ODed, and it took me seven months to recover my cognitive function after that brain injury. I just don't have the will to recover from yet another brain injury, I'm sorry.

burn out we seem to be in similar situations man. I do heroin too, but I am quitting. I am in the 2nd week. Smoking weed and shatter here. Nobody knows about my habit. I really want to get working man it is hell, but I've been bedridden for over a week and I don't know if I'm ever going to get better.

I cant even smoke weed anymore, it makes me feel 10x worse. I used to love weed and it often lift me from the darkest depressions.

I have read often that DNM heroin is fentanyl with cutting agents. I can't imagine lasting 250 mg heroin even if 100% pure 10 days. That would be 5x5mg shots per day? But maybe that's because my tolerance is so high, i used 300-600mg diamorphine per day the last several month. And that was definitely rather pure, because i acetylated the morphine myself. And at my clinic, most patients are above 100mg diamorphine per shot (its legal here).
They advertise it usually as China white synthetic heroin or as a fentanyl mix so they are pretty easy to identify. Usually on the dark net if you make sure to check the feedback and buy from trusted vendors the worst you'll run into are out of the blue exit scams, which really suck.

burn out we seem to be in similar situations man. I do heroin too, but I am quitting. I am in the 2nd week. Smoking weed and shatter here. Nobody knows about my habit. I really want to get working man it is hell, but I've been bedridden for over a week and I don't know if I'm ever going to get better.

ah shit shroomy man had no idea you were feeling so bad, i'll shoot you a PM after this.

and to OP, i know you probably don;t wanna hear it but if IVing heroin isn't doing it for you anyore you should really be considering kicking it, be it rehab or your own detox, whatever works for you - but from this point on its a mug's game. you had a good time but its run its course, get out while you can, and fuck fent - please don't go down that road.

^I'd appreciate that I'm really not feeling well. I don't have ANY opiates at the moment and it's giving me anxiety, like there is no immediate escape anymore even if I want to. Yeah man it is sunny outside and I am shivering in a basement. The summers are so short but it's better to kick in the summer. Typically I use in the summer. I don't know if I want to quit but I need to lower my tolerance and kick how heavy my dependency has got. Man I can't even do basic things like brush my teeth, get a glass of water and a bite to eat. I just went and got several high quality protein bars because I can't go without eating protein foods for days on end. I don't think I have it in me to watch a movie at the moment because I'll be out of weed for a bit and that SUCKS. I quit smoking weed for 3 years as I was getting panic attacks and it does a lot of good for me now.

burn out, weed affects me differently in opiate withdrawal. I get a better effect, little anxiety. Muscle relaxation as good as benzos. What I am doing burn out is trying to detox at home and completely forget about this ever happening, which isn't possible but I need to quit before people find out and I'm still using and I'm forced to do something I don't want to do. Try to kick at home man you got a basement, 2 weeks later well I'm gonna be doing other drugs that's for sure but fucking, fucking, mother fucking opiates. I am a young adult and I can't get out of bed, I feel like an old man. Having serious debilitating back problems doesn't help but you're not alone man.

Don't kill yourself eh. Dude I already feel so much better, today has been hell and I shit myself even on day 10 but you'll be feeling better soon man if you just quit. My reasoning was why continue when I can't afford it anymore due to tolerance.

That really pure stuff is what I'm addicted to. When it's pure like that, man it's easy to OD. So easy... I could still get high sniffing half a point. I bet you 10 milligrams of pure could kill someone who has never done opiates if they sniff that china white. That pure stuff will FUCK your life up man, like it has mine. A half gram will last me 5 days of relative comfort while being very expensive so instead of switching to IV (although I shot up four times this year) - I threw away my needles and now I want them back and I feel like complete shit.