• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin- Muscle Shots

Stop shooting? Or quit and go on Subutex?

• Subutex and quit?

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Just stop IM shooting?

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
I was injecting subutex pills into muscle when i was one year absence from maintenance treatment. It ended me having a heck of a abscess on my thigh. There was over 100ml of puss coming out of it and had damn deep and big open wound for a well over a week. Now i have like 10cm long scar on my thick that reminds me how stupid that is. And the pills i used, was much safer to inject than some street powder. I would advice you to stop immediately or you might die or lose a limb. Never doing that again.

Nah as it can't all be smoked in one go. You need to quit, sorry.
Well sure, quitting is almost always the better choice, but it’s not always within reach. I don’t think anyone wants to be in a situation where they’re spending a few hundred dollars a week for absolutely nothing but the absence of sickness. And yet sometimes we end up here just the same. I’m just trying to make the best choices possible in the meantime.

I’ve been on this run since around Christmas. Before that I was on MAT for 4 years (I mean I still am but I’m just stockpiling now) and adhered to strict rules around using, the main two being never more than once a month, and never more than one day each time.

That worked for me for almost 4 years, and a lot of the time I wasn’t even using once a month, I might go 2 or 3 without getting hardcore triggered.

Anyway point being, yeah of course quitting is the goal. I’m attempting a Bernese induction as we speak, although I tried it a month ago and it didn’t go so well (all of this is under the direction of my MAT doctor btw). All the dope where I live has fent in it, has for years, and I definitely can’t sit tight for two days, so that’s pretty much the only option. I’m trying to make it work.

Last edited: