• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin- Muscle Shots

Stop shooting? Or quit and go on Subutex?

• Subutex and quit?

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Just stop IM shooting?

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

jaylee719

Greenlighter
Hi my name is jaylee. I've known about this site for yrs. But only have looked around. I'm currently a full time iv heroin user, me and my husband. I've been using since I was a teenager. Im actually on 7 months of not drinking I was drinking a 5th to gallon of vodka straight a day. But ended up in the hospital cause my body was shutting down from drinking, and along with drinking I was also shooting heroin. I've been a iv user since I was 23 and I'm 39 now I've over dosed more then a few times. I do get prescribed Subutex and stopped using and was just taking them but I was only clean for a yr or so and started using heroin again. I used to shoot meth along with the heroin but I stopped the meth . But since I've been a iv user for do long my veins are gone. So I started muscle shooting. 1st in the to of my arms but ended up getting huge bumps and now they've turned into holes so I started shooting in my butt muscles but have got 2 infections already where they've popped and all this nasty liquid came out I could bearly sit on my butt. Right now I don't have any bumps or infections. If anyone could give me advice on what's the best way to do muscle shots. I have new needles (I go to the exchange every week) but is a longer tip needle better or short and she's the best spot on your butt or thighs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for taking time and reading my long post. Looking forward to hearing any advice. Thanks

Please stop this practice immediately.

Doesn't matter how clean your works are, you're injecting non-sterile powder straight into muscle which creates abscesses which can kill you if they get infected badly enough.

It doesn't sound like you're micron filtering. Please look into micron wheel filters which POTENTIALLY can filter out bacteria and cuts but not always.

It sounds like you need a long break from needles. Will this be a major problem?? Like if you absolutely must get an opiate glow on then high dose methadone could be a far less dangerous game.

Oh and well done for quitting drinking!! But this now seriously needs addressing. Either the very careful filtering (maybe, I'm not an IM/IV user), or sterile hospital grade vials OR you need to stop injecting altogether.

Take care please ❤️

Hi my name is jaylee. I've known about this site for yrs. But only have looked around. I'm currently a full time iv heroin user, me and my husband. I've been using since I was a teenager. Im actually on 7 months of not drinking I was drinking a 5th to gallon of vodka straight a day. But ended up in the hospital cause my body was shutting down from drinking, and along with drinking I was also shooting heroin. I've been a iv user since I was 23 and I'm 39 now I've over dosed more then a few times. I do get prescribed Subutex and stopped using and was just taking them but I was only clean for a yr or so and started using heroin again. I used to shoot meth along with the heroin but I stopped the meth . But since I've been a iv user for do long my veins are gone. So I started muscle shooting. 1st in the to of my arms but ended up getting huge bumps and now they've turned into holes so I started shooting in my butt muscles but have got 2 infections already where they've popped and all this nasty liquid came out I could bearly sit on my butt. Right now I don't have any bumps or infections. If anyone could give me advice on what's the best way to do muscle shots. I have new needles (I go to the exchange every week) but is a longer tip needle better or short and she's the best spot on your butt or thighs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for taking time and reading my long post. Looking forward to hearing any advice. Thanks
There isn’t a good way to IM your dope. You’ll always get hard knots and abscess where you do your shots. All you can do is treat them as you get them best you can or go to the doctor to have them drained. You can actually get sepsis from them and potentially die so please be careful.

I'm so sorry you're at this point. Unfortunately shooting street drugs into your muscles is extremely dangerous, as you have discovered, it causes abscesses. You can easily die or lose a limb from these infections, in fact it sounds like you're quite lucky you haven't so far. As another poster mentioned, micron wheel filters will help, but will not make it safe, just much safer.

Unfortunately the end result of this practice is going to be either death or loss of limbs. have you ever tried methadone? It will probably do a much better job of keeping you feeling well and satisfied, as it is a much stronger and more euphoric opioid than suboxone. You won't have the rush from shooting, but you will be able to avoid getting further infections and destroying yourself physically and financially.

Best of luck ❤️

Heroine if its not pharma grade not suitable for im injections.Have known of mine years before,a dealer.He aint got veins so got muscle shots.All,I mean all of his muscles(shoulders,legs,bottom) were hard,painful and covered with abscesses.If you have not left veins your only options are plugging,smoking and snorting

I'm so sorry you're at this point. Unfortunately shooting street drugs into your muscles is extremely dangerous, as you have discovered, it causes abscesses. You can easily die or lose a limb from these infections, in fact it sounds like you're quite lucky you haven't so far. As another poster mentioned, micron wheel filters will help, but will not make it safe, just much safer.

Unfortunately the end result of this practice is going to be either death or loss of limbs. have you ever tried methadone? It will probably do a much better job of keeping you feeling well and satisfied, as it is a much stronger and more euphoric opioid than suboxone. You won't have the rush from shooting, but you will be able to avoid getting further infections and destroying yourself physically and financially.

Best of luck ❤️
Here are few that drink his methadone.Almost everyone shooting methadone.In the beginning it was clear liquid.1ml=1mg.Now programs start to put a lot of water inside to prevent shooting.10ml=1mg.same thing....just the syringe get bigger and bigger.Needlemania

Stop IV all together, I know easier said then done and people get addicted to the practice of prepping the shot n shooting it, but snorting and smoking can get you to the same place might just take a little more…but the trade off is worth it IMO
I'm thinking about just start taking my Subutex again and quit all together. It's just hard. Especially when my husband does it to luckily he still has veins to use. And if he don't quit at the same time it'll be harder to stay on the subs. But I'm sure he'll do it with me thanks for the advice appreciate it

Yea change the ROA, the addiction is more around the needle than the opiate high at this point. Honestly rectal administration is probably equally effective and doesn’t carry the same risks. If you’re in the US you are using fentanyl instead of heroin more often than not, it’s bioavailability is great smoked, sublingual or rectal. Even when I shot heroin I lipped my fentanyl cuz it’s easy and effective.

-GC

Please stop this practice immediately.

Doesn't matter how clean your works are, you're injecting non-sterile powder straight into muscle which creates abscesses which can kill you if they get infected badly enough.

It doesn't sound like you're micron filtering. Please look into micron wheel filters which POTENTIALLY can filter out bacteria and cuts but not always.

It sounds like you need a long break from needles. Will this be a major problem?? Like if you absolutely must get an opiate glow on then high dose methadone could be a far less dangerous game.

Oh and well done for quitting drinking!! But this now seriously needs addressing. Either the very careful filtering (maybe, I'm not an IM/IV user), or sterile hospital grade vials OR you need to stop injecting altogether.

Take care please ❤️
I do filter when I prepare my shots but I use a cigarette filter. But I just found the needle exchange in my town and they give you a whole setup sterile water, filters, metal containers to cook, a tye off, and needles. I'm planning on getting back on my subs. I'll never go back to methadone. It was by far the worst detox I ever went through. Way worse then dting off of H. Thank for the advice I appreciate it.🙃

Yea change the ROA, the addiction is more around the needle than the opiate high at this point. Honestly rectal administration is probably equally effective and doesn’t carry the same risks. If you’re in the US you are using fentanyl instead of heroin more often than not, it’s bioavailability is great smoked, sublingual or rectal. Even when I shot heroin I lipped my fentanyl cuz it’s easy and effective.

-GC
What ROA? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation yet. I have done it rectal before it just didn't seem to have a effect at all.

Really hurts me,when i read your story.Its very very hard to quit if two of you are users.My opinion(with near 30 years drug exp.) is that you must go in rehab separately or somehow must forget about needles.Methadone,subs-all is better than live a life of desperate iv junkie.Theres very few,which can use needles responsibly.Wish you luck and may God help you

What ROA? I'm not familiar with the abbreviation yet. I have done it rectal before it just didn't seem to have a effect at all.

Route of Administration. Rectal can be hit or miss for opiate users if constipation is an issue. Have you tried smoking it or lipping it?

-GC

Really hurts me,when i read your story.Its very very hard to quit if two of you are users.My opinion(with near 30 years drug exp.) is that you must go in rehab separately or somehow must forget about needles.Methadone,subs-all is better than live a life of desperate iv junkie.Theres very few,which can use needles responsibly.Wish you luck and may God help you
Thank you. Ya ever been together for almost 20 yrs and have been using our whole relationship. But we're always on the same page when it comes to deciding if we're gonna stop or whatnot. We've done the rehab a few times. Separate and together and we always do better when we're together then apart I really appreciate your advice thank you.

Route of Administration. Rectal can be hit or miss for opiate users if constipation is an issue. Have you tried smoking it or lipping it?

-GC
I've snorted, smoked, rectal, muscle, veins but never lipped. What do you do just put some on the inside of your lip? Like chewing tobacco?

There isn’t a good way to IM your dope. You’ll always get hard knots and abscess where you do your shots. All you can do is treat them as you get them best you can or go to the doctor to have them drained. You can actually get sepsis from them and potentially die so please be careful.
My roommate in Florida got endocritis and had to get a heart valve replaced and they told her if she didn't stop shooting it could kill her. Well she did good the 1st couple months she got outta the hospital but her husband couldn't shot himself so he made her and she slowly got back on the needle and not even a month later she got a cold, turned into a infection she went to the hospital slipped into a comma and a couple days later she was dead. Then her husband died a couple months later from stage 4 brian cancer. So I'm always looking out for infections. I think I'm just gonna get back on my Subutex. Just give want any detox symptoms but I know that's not realistic.lol I wish it was that easy. Thank God the advice it's appreciated

I've snorted, smoked, rectal, muscle, veins but never lipped. What do you do just put some on the inside of your lip? Like chewing tobacco?

Ya but honestly you should get on the Sub like you said. That’s what I did and to this day happy I made the decision. I’m still on Suboxone even 12yrs later but I also have a life I can be proud of, probably something I never would have gotten if I kept using heroin.

-GC

I'm thinking about just start taking my Subutex again and quit all together. It's just hard. Especially when my husband does it to luckily he still has veins to use. And if he don't quit at the same time it'll be harder to stay on the subs. But I'm sure he'll do it with me thanks for the advice appreciate it

Does suboxone work for you, and keep you from craving and relapsing? For me, it doesn't quite do it if I've been on strong opiates. If it does work for you, awesome. But if it doesn't, give methadone a shot, it is much stronger and better at keeping cravings away and relapsing. For most people anyway. Though you can't just get a month's prescription, you have to regularly go to the methadone center.

I'd get away from syringe use by whatever means possible. As many posters have already noted, this is "end stage" behavior. The only long term outcomes are: limb loss, sepsis and death. It's an extremely hard reality
and one I've seen many people run into. No matter how bad a wd is, it ABSOLUTELY beats a quick death by sepsis, or a slow rot/multiple abscess krokodil like process which I have witnessed in a few people I have known over the years. If ya'll got each other, and are relatively healthy still, i'd count my blessings and get on the subs.

Heart valve damage changes the way a person lives for the rest of their lives. if you've ever felt your heart malfunction it's so goddamn terrifying, and any time you exert yourself becomes traumatic. If you must continue even a little bit while you make this decision at least stop using cigarette filters NOW. that is not adequate in the least, you need to get on amazon and overnight order some 3ml luer lock syringes and .22 um filters.

Make the shots bigger (more dilute), use as little heat as possible in creating it, be aware you will lose a bit (10% or so) in the wheel filter, and filter every shot.
It won't make this safe, or ok, but it will make a drastically cleaner product (it should be visibly MUCH more clear if you do it correctly).

But as the others have said, it's not safe. this is stop-gap at best.

Last edited:
I’m in the same place as you! I hate muscling, it’s so miserable and I miss the rush. With the habit I have, the actual high, the lasting high that you get from any ROA, no longer exists for me, it’s just the absence of sickness. That 5-minute euphoric rush as it crosses the blood-brain barrier is literally the only thing I have left.

And of course IM shots don’t give you that. To me it feels like I might as well swallow a pill or some other dumb shit. So I still sit and spend 30, 45 minutes trying to get a thigh vein before ultimately muscling it more often than not.

I’m thinking about trying smoking, I’ve never done it before. Idk if smoking gives the rush or not, I know it’s a super fast ROA comparable to shooting so I thought maybe it does.