• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin mixed with valium

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
How dangerous is this yesterday I took 20 mg of valium loads of weed and a bout half a g of heroin after my last bit of heroin tho I passed out for Like 11 hours I usually nod out and can't sleep on heroin so how dangerous was this have I killed off some brain cells

You should be worried about not breathing correctly more than lost brain cells .

Benzos + heroin is a great way to OD..
How come when intake too much heroin and go over pass out I always wake up later like wtf still alive and kicking

How dangerous is this yesterday I took 20 mg of valium loads of weed and a bout half a g of heroin after my last bit of heroin tho I passed out for Like 11 hours I usually nod out and can't sleep on heroin so how dangerous was this have I killed off some brain cells

Pretty dangerous. My brother died in 2014 of respiratory failure that way. I'm not sure of the amounts in comparison with yours, and he was only an occasional user of heroin/opiates (?) We didn't know he was using anything anymore, but the Coroner's Report detailed every inch of his body and there was no evidence of previous injecting.

Be careful!!

Not only is Valium going to add to respiratory suppression, there is the slower onset of effects issue.

Especially if a person is injecting, they and their friends are very aware of an opioid come up and are alert for an OD. Valium orally has a slower come up and a person can think they or their friend is just in a good nod but then the Valium kicks in a little more and they stop breathing.

A friend fatally OD'ed this way. It was before Fentanyl was a thing and, at the time, that was the most common way to OD. His buddies sat with him in the car and made sure he was breathing for a while. Then, thinking he was fine they went into a pool hall and shot a few games. When they came out, he was dead. Specifically, it was Valium and Heroin.

Fentanyl has much greater respiratory suppression per opioid effects, so the danger of this is even greater now.

How come when intake too much heroin and go over pass out I always wake up later like wtf still alive and kicking
You should know that a non-fatal overdose can lead to brain damage, if during the time you're passed out your respiratory rate drops below a certain frequency for a certain amount of time. This leads to oxygen deprivation that will kill off some brain cells. It's a mistake to think that just because you didn't require medical attention to survive it's not 'that serious'. So they didn't have to narcan you in the back of an ambulance and you're still alive, great . That can happen to you any number of times until the one time where you won't come round. It's a dicey game to play and one you're almost guaranteed to lose one day. For one thing , a succession of non-fatal ODs in which oxygen deprivation occurred can cause enough cumulative brain damage to make a person semi-retarded. For another, the time it takes between total respiratory failure and irreversible damage is shockingly short, it's under 5 mins before intervention is needed.

The long and short of it is DON'T MIX AN OPIATE WITH ANOTHER SEDATIVE and don't be so fucking nonchalant about passing out. I had that attitude and it very nearly cost me my life on numerous occasions.

Last edited:
I've mixed heroin and Valium before, I took 10 mgs of Valium and then about 45 minutes later I sniffed a bag of dope and I definitely was pretty high, not nodding out but I was feeling really nice and euphoric, made me very social and outgoing, but it's a dangerous combination for obvious reasons. But the doses you took can easily lead to an overdose

It's really important for everyone to understand the concept of poly-substance synergy (I just coined that term myself bitches).

You can describe this as:

The sum is equal to more than the parts divided

Exponential increase

I find people often have a hard time wrapping their head around the concept and I get it.

Benzodiazepines + Sedatives, especially Opioids is a well-known combination found in autopsies following overdoses from Heroin (actual Heroin) users. There are theories that a statistically, very significant proportion of deaths from Opioid overdose in the field are a result of this poly-substance synergy.

20mg Diazepam is a fairly harmless dosage, sure. With drugs, it's important to play the tape all the way through on shit. I'm not speaking to you OP, necessarily. This is for everyone. You take some Diazepam, do some Heroin and suddenly that girl/guy you've been wanting to get with calls and suggests drinks, you can't turn her down.

Now circumstances have taken you to a place where you go home after the bar, fall asleep and don't wake up. If you think this can't happen to you, it can. With Benzodiazepines, you need to draw a firm line in the sand for your safety, then you need to take that firm line and walk it back several more steps just to be sure.

Where'd you get your valium from? I mean are you sure it's really valium? Or something else which may increase risk...

Both heroin and benzodiazepines have a narrow therapeutic index, meaning that the difference between a dose that produces the desired effect and a dose that causes overdose is relatively small. When combined, the risk of overdose increases exponentially also you need to note that the effects of heroin and benzodiazepines can be synergistic when combined, meaning the effects are not merely additive but multiplied. And both heroin and benzodiazepines act as central nervous system depressants, which means they slow down brain activity.

Last edited:
It's really important for everyone to understand the concept of poly-substance synergy (I just coined that term myself bitches).

You can describe this as:

The sum is equal to more to...
I think keif should get a mathematical formula down for this .I like that one 👍👍👍👍

Both heroin and benzodiazepines have a narrow therapeutic index, meaning that the difference between a dose that produces the desired effect and a dose that causes overdose is relatively small. When combined, the risk of overdose increases exponentially also you need to note that the effects of heroin and benzodiazepines can be synergistic when combined, meaning the effects are not merely additive but multiplied. And both heroin and benzodiazepines act as central nervous system depressants, which means they slow down brain activity which causes an equilibrium.
Valium has a high therapeutic index unless it's combined with other drugs.
A friend of mine died years ago from a mixture of injected Demerol and Valium.
Problem is that a junky is familiar with monitoring for a possible overdose smoking, injecting, or snorting, Especially with the fist two, they just have to monitor themselves or others for a short time and they're good to go, An oral drug like Valium takes longer to kick in and gives that extra respiratory suppression later on... oops.

With my friend, his cohorts kept an eye on him for a while to make sure he was OK after the shot and then left him to sleep in the car while they went in to play pool. The Valium kicked in later and they came out to find him dead.

Valium has a high therapeutic index unless it's combined with other drugs.
A friend of mine died years ago from a mixture of injected Demerol and Valium.
Problem is that a junky is familiar with monitoring for a possible overdose smoking, injecting, or snorting, Especially with the fist two, they just have to monitor themselves or others for a short time and they're good to go, An oral drug like Valium takes longer to kick in and gives that extra respiratory suppression later on... oops.

With my friend, his cohorts kept an eye on him for a while to make sure he was OK after the shot and then left him to sleep in the car while they went in to play pool. The Valium kicked in later and they came out to find him dead.
I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend, that's a tragic situation. The combination of different types of drugs, especially those that depress the central nervous system like Valium (diazepam) and Demerol (meperidine), can lead to unforeseen and sometimes fatal interactions, including respiratory failure. This risk can be exacerbated when the substances are administered via faster routes, like injection, which can make it difficult to predict the timing and intensity of their combined effects.

Your point about the delayed onset of oral drugs is crucial. When a drug like Valium is taken orally, it may take some time for its full effects to manifest, which can create a false sense of security. People may think they're "in the clear" when they're actually not, and this can lead to tragic outcomes like the one you've described.

Both heroin and benzodiazepines have a narrow therapeutic index, meaning that the difference between a dose that produces the desired effect and a dose that causes overdose is relatively small. When combined, the risk of overdose increases exponentially also you need to note that the effects of heroin and benzodiazepines can be synergistic when combined, meaning the effects are not merely additive but multiplied. And both heroin and benzodiazepines act as central nervous system depressants, which means they slow down brain activity which causes an equilibrium.

Benzos have a big therapeutic window generally.

What do you mean by "causes an equilibrium". Is equilibrium a problem?

Benzos have a big therapeutic window generally.

What do you mean by "causes an equilibrium". Is equilibrium a problem?
Sorry that's a wrong term I used, ignore that part. Just slows the brain activity and leave it at that.