• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin, Missed Shots, & Heat

Thanks for all the replies.

But I took about 1600 mgs of ibuprofen over a day, and within hours my arm was 1000 times better. Before I could hardly move my arm without pain, after ibuprofen it was almost back to normal. So a good tip for missed shots is ibuprofen!

Can someone help me out and tell me what antibiotics are used for missed shots or absess? Also, I took a couple shots in the crook of my arm 2 days ago (all around the same spot), and just a little while later it felt hard underneath, and is still hard, it hasnt grown or anything but its about the size of a B-B and it doesnt hurt, and looks like a mosquito bite.. Like i said, its been there for 2 days, no pain, what could it be? scar tissue? swollen vein?

Anyone know what kind of antibiotics are used for missed shots or abscesses?

well i missed part of a shot of H (40 units IV'd) and it formed a little bump under the skin, i put my arm under warm water for a few mins then put a warm wet face cloth around my arm and within 10 minutes the bump had gone away and i could feel the sickness going away (the H must have gotten absorbed).

DoOrDie said:
Anyone know what kind of antibiotics are used for missed shots or abscesses?

Something with a wide spectrum (used for alot of different types of infections), I think that I used amoxiclin (not from a Dr). Its very important that you do a whole course though, usualy 10 days even if it looks to be healed do the whole course, very important.

Flexistentialist said:
A regular missed shot should either start to get obviously better (or at the very least get no worse) at around the 24 hour mark. If there is any increase in redness, pain, swelling and / or localised heat after this point, you need antibiotics and should find a doctor asap.

QFT. nodnormal - this is the best advice you've gotten so far IMO. also if you'd like to calm your anxieties/worries, search for all the IV threads on BL and find the links to the safer IV PDF files, there are about 6-10 good ones all about various methods of how to keep things sterile, what do use to filter what not to use, to heat or not to heat, what to do when various symptoms occur, etc. search on here or on google for "safer iv drug"

bighooter said:
how can you miss shooting H

Surely you got veins showing on your arms, if you havent do some jogging more often your veins will pop out.

same way you can miss shooting anything else....? 8(

Last edited:
I don't know if it has been mentioned before but immediatly after missing a shot , massage/knead the sore spot to get some blood flowing , this will speed up the recovery process as much if not more than applying hot water it's the best to combine the 2.

After that dry the affected area thoroughly and apply some alcohol compresses with something on the back so the alcohol doesn't evaporate

Finally the best thing for lumps , sore spots and even small abscesses is a lotion for treating burns containing vitamin A and or E

^i've always found if i've missed a shot, i will run it under hot water for a minute or two to help it absorb and clean the site a bit, then ill generally massage the area for the next 30-40mins very lightly but so you know your kneading as you said and that generally stops a lump from forming. or if i have had a lump form from some skin popping it goes down drastically quick and healing time is a lot quicker.

i've never really needed to apply vit e or neosporin or do a course of antibiotics because i haven't had one get infected. the creams definitely helped with the track mark and healing

DoOrDie said:
Yeah I still had it tied, im not good enough to untie it while the needle is still in, but ill make sure not to make that mistake again, thanks... I neeed a new place to shoot, the crook of my arm works amazingly but those red dots it leaves i just cant deal with.. anyone who sees it will know what imdoing considering ive had a drug problem in the past... any other good easy spots to shoot? I hear the elbow, but i cant find a vein there.. I also heard at the end of your thumb, kind of by the side of your wrist but ive poked my self 12 x there and couldnt register.. ugh... any help?
Although the veins in your arms heal the quickest, are the largest and can take injections the best, other spots can be used as well, though they have several disadvantages compared to your arms, but for the sake of healing your veins in your arms, you should rotate.

You can also inject in the veins on your foot or hands, but as I said, they have several disadvantages. Firstly, the veins there roll a lot more, and are for some reason harder to puncture as well, as if they've got harder vein walls. Also, the veins there are farther away from your heart and for that reasons can't take as much pressure, so you should inject much, much more slowly into them. They also don't heal as quickly, so after shooting in them for a few times you should go back to either your arms again, or another spot, but at least leave them for a while to heal again. Another problem with the veins on your feet is hygiene. Because you wear socks over them which aren't exactly too hygienic, it's very important to properly clean them before injecting into them, and keep them clean. If you want to wear your socks over them after shooting up, put a small bandage over them or a patch onto the puncture wound, and sterilise the site with some alcohol or iodine.