• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin, Missed Shots, & Heat

I agree with you.. I just never felt that rush ... And I wanted to just one single time... but i guess it was just not meant to be..

DoOrDie said:
i need immediate help!! i just took a shot of dialudid into my hand and i thought i registered, i could of came out when i went to push in, i pushed in about 5 cc's...now i have like a white swollen rectangle under my skin on the top of my hand.. what can i do to get rid of this? should I be worrying?

DoOrDie said:
And I absolutely got no rush, last time I hit was the crook of my arm, I did 24 mg of dilaudid.. the crook of my arm worked great, was very simple.. but left me with red spot around the shot area.. I cant have that.. although I registered and it was a successful shot, i still felt no rush...
What's dilaudid? Is it slang for some drug? I've never heard of it before, and neither the Dutch, European and Japanese Pharmacopeia shows anything either? thanks!

Psych0naut said:
What's dilaudid? Is it slang for some drug? I've never heard of it before, and neither the Dutch, European and Japanese Pharmacopeia shows anything either?

Its Hydromorophone, but thats pretty universal.

But any way, Im not sold on the hot packs.........put afew on your inflamation, and then put a pack of frozen pees on it, and tell me what dosent feel better(in a short time). Almost night and day, cold is very good for shrinking the inflamation and reducing the sorenes, believe me when the heat is spreading up you leg/arm coldnes is what shrinks it. Yes, a hot pack can help disperse a inflamation but a cold back will shirk the whole thing and ruduse it to the immediate area. When its inflamed and HOT to the touch it is spreding like poisoin(because it is), but an ice pack will reduce/shrink that inflamation to the imediate area, and really shrink the size of inflamation.

On a sidenote, whatever the case is if you are having a problem more than a weeks lenghth of time than a course of antibiotiocs may be helpful, a abcess can go sestimic and than you will have real problems, take it from someone thats had septiciema.

You might also want to clean the area with rubbing alcohol. It might sting, but you dont want to risk infection.

thugpassion said:
Its Hydromorophone, but thats pretty universal.
I only got Palladone back as the sole brand name for Hydromorphone under 4 different pharmacopeia's, of the Netherlands, Brittain, Europe and Japan, so apperently it isn't so universal. That why using just the drug name instead would be much more useful. But thanks for clearing that up everyone, and for the speedy replies! Cheers

I have a question for all you, I just shot up in the crook of my arm, I had the tornaquet tied pretty tight about a foot above the site...and as I was shooting, dark black blood came out while the needle was in... it bled for a good amount of time after even after applying pressure, heat then ice... but now I have like a black spot under my skin, a lil round one... almost looks like that dark blood under my skin, is this going to leave a big bruise? I defintily didnt miss the shot...

Please confirm it if I got this right, you did the shot while your arm was still tied off by the tourniquet? If indeed so, that would cause the pressure in your veins to rise to dangerous levels, causing blood to be pushed out of the puncture wound, and possibly blowing your vein due to overpressure. NEVER, EVER INJECT WITH THE TOURNIQUET STILL ON! That black spot is just a bruise caused by blood from the puncture wound spreading among the skin. It'll go away within a few days to a week.

Yeah I still had it tied, im not good enough to untie it while the needle is still in, but ill make sure not to make that mistake again, thanks... I neeed a new place to shoot, the crook of my arm works amazingly but those red dots it leaves i just cant deal with.. anyone who sees it will know what imdoing considering ive had a drug problem in the past... any other good easy spots to shoot? I hear the elbow, but i cant find a vein there.. I also heard at the end of your thumb, kind of by the side of your wrist but ive poked my self 12 x there and couldnt register.. ugh... any help?

About 6 hours ago or something I missed a shot of H, maybe two "lines/marks" on a 2ml pump. Now I have a big swelling and it's starting to hurt and I don't know what to do.

Should I leave my arm under hot running water? For how long? How hot (as hot as I can handle?) Put hot water in a bottle and put that on my arm? Hot water on cloth/tissue and bind it tightly around my arm?

Then what? Cold water?

Info ASAP would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Ok I put it under hot running water, but I think it was a bit too hot. The whole area become red as if it were mildly burnt/scolded, even though it didn't hurt, so I switched to cold water a bit. It was just two-three minutes combined. But should I continue with alternating or what?

Id suggest hot water, supposedly it helps absorb into the muscle.. id do it for a couple mins, then take a lil break, try to do it again for a couple mins, then I usually put an ice pack on for the swelling bruising.. I also massage the area after applying the heat and cold pack.. Ive heard not to do this as it can spread an infection if there is one already, but I doubt one has started already, massaging helps it spread out and absorb easier... just my two cents, and im no DR, just some advice..

Can someone please answer me?

Tried the running water one more time, didn't do much but maybe I didn't do it long enough.

But if someone could just tell me if this is dangerous or not? Will it most likely just go away by itself after a few days or is surgery/amputation most likely? I'm guessing the former since these things has to happen all the time and I don't see that many one-armed junkies, but I just want to be sure. Are there any signs as to when I should contact a doctor, besides the pain (beating/pounding in the arm, turns red/blue/yellow etc.?)

Below is a picture of it and you can see that my forearm is swollen on the right hand side of the picture.
08072008013dl6.jpg

Thanks DoOrDie. I don't know if it's infected or not, but I think so since it's starting to hurt more and more :X

The girl who gave me the shot started massaging it after she missed, but I think that only spread it to almost all of the right side on the forearm. Stupid bitch.

DoOrDie said:
Yeah I still had it tied, im not good enough to untie it while the needle is still in, but ill make sure not to make that mistake again, thanks... QUOTE]
Eh I've done it. I was so zoned in to the other aspects, kinda forgot. After I was like, "well that was stupid, I hope I didn't blow a vein or something." but I think I would know with severe semi-instant brusing. Well thats BL, preventing self-harm, good job guys.

nodnormal said:
Can someone please answer me?

Tried the running water one more time, didn't do much but maybe I didn't do it long enough.

Switch to ice packs, like a bag of frozen pees. And leave it on there for along time until its numb, like an hour maybe. If it pursists you need a course of antibiotics before it gets really bad.

Last edited:
Try getting a creme for treating burns preferably one containing vitamin a and or e

they have stopped small abscesses in their tracks (pun not intended) in several cases for me

A regular missed shot should either start to get obviously better (or at the very least get no worse) at around the 24 hour mark. If there is any increase in redness, pain, swelling and / or localised heat after this point, you need antibiotics and should find a doctor asap.

how can you miss shooting H

Surely you got veins showing on your arms, if you havent do some jogging more often your veins will pop out.