• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin keeps me up

Mh, have you ever tested your "heroin"? because it does not sound like it is what it's advertised as.
But as you're also experimenting with crack and other drugs, maybe you just blew a fuse or something,
maybe your reward system is completely fucked up, can't say

Weirder question, how is it even worth it for you without the euphoria?
I mean I'm not an addict, I don't know how it's worth it at all.
Smoked loads of Opium in Spain and thought it was shit, dunno.
I was still fascinated by it, but it really wasn't much of anything..
Yea it's deffo good old afghan brown trust I've tried heroin from about a million different dealers and it always keeps me up no matter what so yea its heroin

Yea it's deffo good old afghan brown trust I've tried heroin from about a million different dealers and it always keeps me up no matter what so yea its heroin
And yea my reward system is fucked that's why the's day I try not to use but obviously I chase the memory of the high there is some euphoria just not like it use to be and yea its not worth it nowdays

And yea my reward system is fucked that's why the's day I try not to use but obviously I chase the memory of the high there is some euphoria just not like it use to be and yea its not worth it nowdays
Ohh that's what you mean.

Then I bet on subconscious preservation. See the issue with drugs is that our brain starts to ..I can't find another word but "revere". Our brains revere drugs after some time, and they will do things to preserve them. Smoking weed in the beginning => eating frenzy. Why? To preserve THC in the fat cells. The brain is a master manipulator. I could find it plausible that your brain keeps you wake in order to "not miss out on the heroin"

Just an idea, because I see similarities from weed with me. I used to be able to sleep on weed easy peasy, it kinda happened by itself.
Now I never fall asleep stoned, it's just something I don't do. Takes at least 30 mins to 1 hour til I can sleep after smoking. I've theorized that this is because I hold such a high worth to its effects. (helps me so I don't SO in public, which is HUGE for me)

Maybe the same is true for you, or more specifically, your memory of its effects.
I don't know, just a shot in the dark

Get this effect too from morphine, would say it's the same histamine which makes you itch and not sleep but weirdly I never got the itch for none of the opioids I've biosampled. But another weird reaction, I get the so called REM sleep movement disorder, speaking during REM stages of sleep and in more severe cases, sleepwalking. I feel like morphine has damaged something in my brain because it just correlates with the time when this stuff appeared and it didn't go away even after months without morphine.

Do you guys think the changes to the reward system are permanent? I can use kratom now without problems but 60mg of morphine and the REM stuff as well as withdrawal come back full force. For the withdrawal there's dissociatives but found nothing so far against the dreams.

I can't sleep on H unless I take benzos which is dangerous. Sometimes it is also because H causes me central apnea that I otherwise don't have, but that is only with 2+ gpd

The cure for me one joint with half to one G CBD weed with or without 7.5mg Mirtazapine. CBD is a wonder cure I really suggest it, and completely safe compared to benzos that can kill you with H

This is one of the things I loved about heroin/opioids.

They gave me the energy and motivation to get up and do shit I wouldn't normally do (clean the house, take on a tedious task, go for a super long walk, etc..)
Even stimulants don't give me that kind of energy. It feels clean, natural and makes me want to be responsible.

I can also nod off and go to bed if I choose to.