• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin keeps me up

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
Sometimes heroin keeps me up all night too itchy to fall asleep or i nod out and snap back out of unconciouness also I get really bad hiccups as of late can anybody else relate

Yeah same thing for me. I have trouble sleeping on morphine too. Heroin (real heroin) for me is like you describe, I'll nod off and then wake up suddenly. I can sleep fine on methadone and kratom. Then again i have trouble sleeping in general.

I get this effect with oxy only...no.other opioids tho. It's almost stimulating in.the sense that I can't sleep on oxy...especially high doses.

I only bought heroin once. It was a gram, probably 70% pure (freebase) judging by subjective effects. I barely got any sleep at all until it was gone which took around 2 weeks. I mostly chased it, but IV'ed one dose so high that I nodded away while standing up straight, but still sleep was absolutely impossible. I stayed up for 2 consecutive nights and could barely force myself to sleep when my brain started acting up on the third night.

I always got the same effect from hydromorphone. The larger the dose, the more reliably I'd "wake up" right after nodding away, making sleep impossible.

However opium, fentanyl, morphine or tilidine do not cause this effect and oxycodone only to a lesser degree. Heroin and hydromorphone are by far the worst. I'm glad the only one I really like is opium which has always saved me from getting hooked to the stuff. Only reason to use the others for me is pain.

I only bought heroin once. It was a gram, probably 70% pure (freebase) judging by subjective effects. I barely got any sleep at all until it was gone which took around 2 weeks. I mostly chased it, but IV'ed one dose so high that I nodded away while standing up straight, but still sleep was absolutely impossible. I stayed up for 2 consecutive nights and could barely force myself to sleep when my brain started acting up on the third night.

I always got the same effect from hydromorphone. The larger the dose, the more reliably I'd "wake up" right after nodding away, making sleep impossible.

However opium, fentanyl, morphine or tilidine do not cause this effect and oxycodone only to a lesser degree. Heroin and hydromorphone are by far the worst. I'm glad the only one I really like is opium which has always saved me from getting hooked to the stuff. Only reason to use the others for me is pain.
Haven't seen the name @crOOk in a while, i though 🤔 can't be the crOOk from the bluelight days of yore

It's kinda logical. Given that ur not passing out, the feeling of euphoria will be too overwhelming to truly relax ur mind

Ud need to be very used to the substance to be able to truly sleep on it(not counting solely losing consciousness)

Pretty much all opioids including heroin give me insomnia for several hours. Of course I'll nod, but that's not sleep. It can be annoying.

Sometimes heroin keeps me up all night too itchy to fall asleep or i nod out and snap back out of unconciouness also I get really bad hiccups as of late can anybody else relate
Omg 100% same symptoms I usually get the hiccupz when I'm coming down. I'm too itchy rn I csnt sleep xd I've taken 120mg morf today.

Htf do u knoe it was 70,%? That's FIRE DOPE, U could easily od shooting thst stuff. Rrrghhh, unless u have a massssivee tolerance then nvm.

It's kinda logical. Given that ur not passing out, the feeling of euphoria will be too overwhelming to truly relax ur mind

Ud need to be very used to the substance to be able to truly sleep on it(not counting solely losing consciousness)
Well it's not the euphoria as I don't get intense euphoria from h it's just relaxes me and puts me in a good mood and when i mix with weed abd crack but intense euphoria now mephedrone comes to mind

Depends on the quality of the gear, I've used it for 21 years & the old stuff would put you on your arse & you would nod out for hours on end.
It wasn't till a few years later in the UK I began to get that stay awake effect, I think it must be something they add into it.

When I've used Medical Morphine I've nodded out for hours each time too.

YYea and some stuff makes me itch more and other makes me nod more I get horse voice worse on other fuck knows
Depends on the quality of the gear, I've used it for 21 years & the old stuff would put you on your arse & you would nod out for hours on end.
It wasn't till a few years later in the UK I began to get that stay awake effect, I think it must be something they add into it.

When I've used Medical Morphine I've nodded out for hours each time too.

I always use to think in my mind that every drug has an array of effects that could occur each time you take it
To a point I agree, when I smoked weed on 4-MeO-PCP for example everything went into a 2 Dimensional world which was fucked up & I found NO TR's about it & even my friends who I told to try it had a very different effect upon. Depending on the ROA of Zopiclone it can have trippy effects & work a bit like MXE crossed with Pregabalin so you have a point.

To a point I agree, when I smoked weed on 4-MeO-PCP for example everything went into a 2 Dimensional world which was fucked up & I found NO TR's about it & even my friends who I told to try it had a very different effect upon. Depending on the ROA of Zopiclone it can have trippy effects & work a bit like MXE crossed with Pregabalin so you have a point.
Yea I had like lucid dreams from zopiclone

Well it's not the euphoria as I don't get intense euphoria from h it's just relaxes me and puts me in a good mood and when i mix with weed abd crack but intense euphoria now mephedrone comes to mind
Mh, have you ever tested your "heroin"? because it does not sound like it is what it's advertised as.
But as you're also experimenting with crack and other drugs, maybe you just blew a fuse or something,
maybe your reward system is completely fucked up, can't say

Weirder question, how is it even worth it for you without the euphoria?
I mean I'm not an addict, I don't know how it's worth it at all.
Smoked loads of Opium in Spain and thought it was shit, dunno.
I was still fascinated by it, but it really wasn't much of anything..