• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Heroin - At 60 days and still withdrawing... am I alone?

When I got sober and had to kickstart my gut again from being on dope for years, I swore by eating rolled oats and plain greek yogurt.
Every morning: 4 tablespoons of plain, full fat yogurt, unsweetend and none of that full of glucose shit, 2 heaping hand fulls of rolled oats, add some honey to sweeten, mix that shit up and eat it. It's like magic for the gut. The yogurt and oats really feed the beneficial bacteria in your gut, as well as providing some much needed fibre. It also fills one up for a decent amount of time, and levels out the blood sugar. After a few months of this, my shitting went back to pre-addiction levels, and I could go to the bathroom and just take normal dumps again, which was such a foreign feeling.

Yogurt and Oats! Probably 50% of what got me through early recovery.
This is good, I make kale, berry, oat smoothies. I feel like the supplements, vitamins, and how healthy I’m eating I should feel like a Greek goddess. Lol but I feel like a 90 year old woman. Nothing budges this shit. It’s just time.

My initial thoughts go to either a diet/hydration issue or a supplement issue.

Hypermagnesemia (too much magnesium in the blood) causes muscle fatigue and weakness, as well as a whole host of other symptoms similar to what you're describing.

The one caveat here is what I just quoted. When there is an imbalance in bacteria and mucosa in the gastrointestinal system, it affects the body's ability to coat the acids and bile salts. This would typically manifest as you describe, later in the night it would reduce and would be worse in the morning.

So diet and supplement modification may be something you could at least try at home without further requiring doctors or blood tests. In addition, dehydration could be a huge component here as well. It's quite possibly a multifaceted combination of factors instead of one single, identifiable cause.
I’m gonna look into this. But I only take the recommended daily of everything including magnesium. I literally eat so freaking healthy because I’m trying to heal my body, I live off smoothies, veggies, and I crave meat like crazy.

I need to look into the gut flora thing. Would it cause body aches?? Sweats?
Yeah, I bought this gallon water bottle and I try soooo hard but I just can’t. Water disgusts me . I just bought this water bottle
That has water flavoring in lid. So I’m trying...

Its because of the benzos. You can't take anything that gives you relief because you will just become dependent on that relief even if only a little. You need to fully detox your body and keep it clean. You will normal in 6 weeks. That how long it takes. You've probably been cheating here and there. Take a less strong opiate here and there to get relief or a benzo. You will never stop withdrawaling. Just jump off of everything and you'll be fine in a month and a half.

Just jump off of everything and you'll be fine in a month and a half.
And therein lies the rub, no? That is a long time to go through relative hell if it can be avoided by just a little of this or that.
Welcome to bluelight, clevus. Mind if I ask what brings you here? Been a lurker for a while like a lot of us here?
Thanks for chiming in and offering a perspective to withdrawals from substances... I find quitting outright such a drag as it tends to (potentially) hurt ones professional career as well as any relationship that may be going on at the time of cessation. Alas, some cannot take the time off necesarry or the support of those around us to go CT. Know withdrawals all too well and agree that it is freeing once overcoming such monsters as addictions.
Take care and congrats on beat back the fent demon! Well done.
best,
Ptah

The doctor said some people take longer and most likely I’m still detoxing..... I mean it makes sense, every time I have detoxed I got like this.
I personally don’t see how a doctor is saying you are still physically WD at the 70 day mark (!) but I guess the good thing is you said you are finally starting to feel better. There’s only room for more improvement to your health from here as long as you choose to continued to stay clean.

When I quit opiates for the second time, I had to take Clonazapam to calm my nerves, mindset, and muscles during the eventful day. Without clonazapam, the muscle pain would be too much and pain too chronic to function. No amount of time would my body be fully adjusted back to pre-opioid-use levels.
The third and most recent time quitting opiates last November, I chickened out and just got a script for suboxone. The thought of the dreaded agony physical and mental would be too much of a pain in the ass getting in the way of things. Tappered down to minimum suboxone dose currently.

But I only take the recommended daily of everything including magnesium. I literally eat so freaking healthy because I’m trying to heal my body, I live off smoothies, veggies, and I crave meat like crazy.
I ran into an issue with magnesium, myself. I was taking the RDI of magenesium (prescribed by my cardiologist) via presciption and then eating healty. There is a lot of magenisum in those foods, so it's pretty easy to eventually have too much magnesium in the bloodstream.
I need to look into the gut flora thing. Would it cause body aches?? Sweats?
It's possible, although if the body aches are in the extemities, I'm not sure how likely.
Yeah, I bought this gallon water bottle and I try soooo hard but I just can’t
I used to absolutely despise water, myself. I would refuse to ever drink it. The problem with soda and fruit juices is that they are loaded with Added Sugars, the absolute worst sugars to consume. I was looking at a Pepsi the other day, and it had 42 grams (!!!!!) of Added Sugars for an 18 oz bottle. Just insanity, honestly. Fruit juices, for the most part, are no better. Anyways, what I did to kind of get myself to start drinking more water was buying Mio (I liked the Fruit Punch) and just put a little bit into the water, just enough to add some flavor without making it full of sugar. Then, eventually I moved on from Mio to cutting up lemons and putting them in the water. Now, I just have a 64 oz bottle that retains heat/cold and fill it up in the morning and fill it with ice, and it keeps the water ice cold all day long. The AI (adequate intake) for water per day for women is about 2.7 liters per day (95 oz), and although some of this is obtained via the food we eat, it's important to note that our bodies need a lot of water daily to optimally function and if we don't get that, we will fill terrible in general.