• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Heroin and general anastesia

I don’t think it’s sufficient at all. You’re putting yourself at real risk. Up to you, I’d rather miss out on an op for now than have a stroke.

How long of a surgery? What procedure specifically?

If you tell them they will probably cancel the procedure, depending on the necessity of the surgery.

If you are a pretty heavy IV user you might be at greater risk for complications like hypovolemic shock. Central and peripheral venous access is also obviously impaired in IV drug users.

The actual anesthetic protocol would likely remain the same but they will watch you a bit closer (and in a somewhat different manner) if they are aware you are an IV opioid user.

But yes you are also right, they will approach your post operative pain control differently if they are made aware.

You could also request to call off the procedure yourself and wait a longer perioid before undergoing surgery.

I also think if you tell him he will cancel the surgery for liability purposes.

As long as you are a minimum of 24 hours heroin free I wouldn’t worry about it.

I also think if you tell him he will cancel the surgery for liability purposes.

As long as you are a minimum of 24 hours heroin free I wouldn’t worry about it.

Ima tell them I got diladid iv at the hospital is that better ????

How long of a surgery? What procedure specifically?

If you tell them they will probably cancel the procedure, depending on the necessity of the surgery.

If you are a pretty heavy IV user you might be at greater risk for complications like hypovolemic shock. Central and peripheral venous access is also obviously impaired in IV drug users.

The actual anesthetic protocol would likely remain the same but they will watch you a bit closer (and in a somewhat different manner) if they are aware you are an IV opioid user.

But yes you are also right, they will approach your post operative pain control differently if they are made aware.

You could also request to call off the procedure yourself and wait a longer perioid before undergoing surgery.

I'm having all my teeth removed surgery should take an hour and a half

You are putting your life and your safety literally and completely in the hands of the MD and RN's handling your anesthesia. They will not let you die, regardless of what happens. They might say, simply find that you need a little more Fentanyl than the average bear. However, if your show up with an extreme tolerance to either Benzo's or Opioids, I feel it will be pretty unlikely that this fact will somehow go over the head of your anesthesia team.

Surgery is dangerous. Things happen. Don't set yourself up for bullshit. I would highly recommend doing your very best to lower your tolerance prior to all of this. If you have a serious habit, questions will come up. A urinalysis could be ordered.

My advice would be to get things as normal as humanly possible with your tolerance. Message me for more in-depth, specific questions. I've got a lot of experience with this.

Ima tell them I got diladid iv at the hospital is that better ????

I'm having all my teeth removed surgery should take an hour and a half

I wouldn’t tell them anything. But wait are you addicted to heroin? You use it everyday? And get sick without it? If that’s the case that really changes a lot. I don’t know if you should try the surgery while actively addicted to heroin,

This could be potentially dangerous and you could die...

That said, many people on pain meds do go into surgery, and are fine. I actually got my wisdom teeth out while on Suboxone. They didn’t give me any pain meds just suggested I take my regular dose the morning of my surgery.

If you have a tolerance the pain meds they give you during GA won’t affect you ultimately so you should be fine with no issues. My personal opinion.

I agree with Keif though you should try to either cut back or quit before you have the surgery. That would be Ideal