• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Heroin and general anastesia

kush407smoke

Bluelighter
is it bad to be doing heroin 2 days before receiving general anastesia my doctor didn't say dont do any drugs or anything like that so I was just wondering

It wouldn’t be advisable to be taking heroin so close to having a GA. Will you not be tested before it anyway?

no i dont think ima be tested the f October didnt say anything about that wich i thou h ht was weird i mean they asked what medications I take obviously i didnt put down heroin lol

You think I should tell the doctor???

It wouldn’t be advisable to be taking heroin so close to having a GA. Will you not be tested before it anyway?

no i dont think ima be tested the f October didnt say anything about that wich i thou h ht was weird i mean they asked what medications I take obviously i didnt put down heroin lol

You think I should tell the doctor???
Yes I do.

What’s your ROA with heroin?

Honestly, I think it’s really dangerous to have a GA after taking illicit drugs and not informing the people doing your surgery.

How much heroin and via what route?

If you aren't going to disclose the heroin then id simply disclose an equipotent dose of morphine adjusted for potency differences in light of ROA bioavailability differences.

*didn't see the post above me

What’s your ROA with heroin?

Honestly, I think it’s really dangerous to have a GA after taking illicit drugs and not informing the people doing your surgery.

How much heroin and via what route?

If you aren't going to disclose the heroin then id simply disclose an equipotent dose of morphine adjusted for potency differences in light of ROA bioavailability differences.

*didn't see the post above me

Iv heroin prally 200-250mg I'm just gonna say I took a couple percocets that I had left over from visiting the hospital for my mouth

Iv heroin prally 200-250mg I'm just gonna say I took a couple percocets that I had left over from visiting the hospital for my mouth
See the fact you IV is the reason it’s dangerous. You’re gonna be at much higher risk of clotting, you’re likely to have rubbish veins anyway, high risk of infection present currently. They need to know you IV because they need to have backups in place in case anything goes wrong.

Please tell them, it really is the safest thing.

Yeah I would tell them. Odds are you'll be fine either way but it's really not worth the risk.

Unless the doctor already knows you do illegal drugs like heroin, I wouldn't take them not thinking to tell every patient "by the way, don't do drugs" to mean anything.

Yeah i would also tell them, i had to have an emergency op and i was doped up that day and told them. but al still went well. BIggest thing is to let them know incase the procedure goes wrong and then they know where to start looking for the cause of the problem and so on. Just saver for you at the end of the day.

See the fact you IV is the reason it’s dangerous. You’re gonna be at much higher risk of clotting, you’re likely to have rubbish veins anyway, high risk of infection present currently. They need to know you IV because they need to have backups in place in case anything goes wrong.

Please tell them, it really is the safest thing.

Well I'm not gonna tell him I iv drugs cuz then he won't give me shit for pain lol

Yeah I would tell them. Odds are you'll be fine either way but it's really not worth the risk.

Unless the doctor already knows you do illegal drugs like heroin, I wouldn't take them not thinking to tell every patient "by the way, don't do drugs" to mean anything.

Yeah i would also tell them, i had to have an emergency op and i was doped up that day and told them. but al still went well. BIggest thing is to let them know incase the procedure goes wrong and then they know where to start looking for the cause of the problem and so on. Just saver for you at the end of the day.

I'm gonna tell him I took leftover percocet that I had left from when I went to the hospital for my teeth

Yall think that's sufficient?? Im also positive he's gonna prescribe antibiotics after the surgery n if he doesn't i have a script of amoxicillin

@kush407smoke The biggest thing is you can stop breathing while you under and this is where the info will come in handy and then they will know what to do at that point.

I suppose but i cant give anymoree info as im no doc. But letting them know you have opiates in your body will help but why not just say heroin or will they cancel the op

He will most likely cancel the opp witch would pass my mo. Off the surgery is at 620am and he won't give me any pain pills after the surgery