• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with this rare fentanyl patch

Hello and welcome to bluelight!

I would wear it. You'll be high for three days solid with no hassles about smoking patches or overdosing. Seriously.

A 75mcg/hr patch is strong enough to really get a person with no tolerance a pretty strong buzz. I had some 25mcg/hr patches years ago and they made me high for three days. I even puked once or twice while wearing one.

Man, I really wish I had a fentanyl patch today. That would be nice.
Dont wish that friend.Fent is a pure hell

ya
Yeah, the old duragesic.

That experience is where this name negrogesic came from, i made this account that same year (19 years ago). So yeah those are the duragesics they made 19 years ago. They made them for years after not sure when they stopped.

Yes they were very smokable.
This doesn’t explain the negro part, do you want to be black? Maybe you could get reverse vitiligo

I'm not picking on you this morning I swear. It accumulates in fatty tissue.

Referring to peak serum blood levels, fentanyl doesn't behave as dangerously or unpredictably as say methadone or even morphine in that regard, which in part gives it the higher therapeutic index

Hey y’all SWIM has possibly acquired a 72 hr 75mcg/hr 8.25 mg transdermal fentanyl patch. He/she has 0 opiate tolerance and was hoping to be safely guided on how to smoke the patch. As in how small should they cut the pieces and can they put it on a bowl of weed or something. Thanks
Smoking this never work for me.Used this shit and was hooked on it a year.Patch-used bucally.Tolerance skyrocketiing.Quit with the help of iboga,after replace fent with huge ammounts poppy pod tea.And even after the flood and booster doses suffer like dog for 20 days.Horrible!

Referring to peak serum blood levels, fentanyl doesn't behave as dangerously or unpredictably as say methadone or even morphine in that regard, which in part gives it the higher therapeutic index
Like I said: not picking on you this morning at all! :ROFLMAO:

As you say: Fentanyl has a very wide therapeutic index. And few know, from a medical perspective, its importance and relevance. It's just gotten a bum rap in the media is all.

But I have papers on this issue i.e. Fentanyl (from what I've researched and read) has a little quirk in that it can "hide" and then "pop up" again as if by magic. It's one of the reasons why people OD multiple times after Narcan has been administered and why it has to be administered several times after an OD.

And just for the fun of it (for anyone that comes along here): the newer DIA ("Drug In Adhesive") patches can be smoked off of foil. But with care i.e. you don't even see the vapor but it's there and effective for damn sure. I guess it helps if you're a smack aficionado and have mastered the art of chasing the dragon. And which I'm not. Tried this once over two years ago with a portion of a patch and thought nah, fuck this, everyone is talking shit about smoking them. Until I stood up to throw the pen/straw away! :ROFLMAO: Only then to find I was "tracking right" in my walk to the bin! :ROFLMAO:

Fentanyl, together with codeine, methadone and morphine are four opioid analgesics on the World Health Organization's (WHO) List of Essential Medicines.

Last edited:
But I have papers on this issue i.e. Fentanyl (from what I've researched and read) has a little quirk in that it can "hide" and then "pop up" again as if by magic. It's one of the reasons why people OD multiple times after Narcan has been administered and why it has to be administered several times after an OD.
Oh gods…. Check yo self before I wreck yoself! 👀

I shall come back to destroy your logic later, I’m giving you time to correct yourself. Ain’t I kind? 😘

Well my puppy just had an operation and we have come home with methadone tablets and a fentanyl patch to change over in 3 days. Please do as my puppy is and wear it. She is looking super happy and hasn't smoked anything. Sometimes its best to just do what dogs do.. they seem to know whats up!

I’ve used plenty of both the patches with the gel and the patches that were like a rubbery matrix. I preferred the latter. Both can be used in pretty much any manner one would like.. Smoked on a bowl if you’d like, the gel is much more finicky though and easier to destroy. Gel is also MUCH more dangerous cuz you can’t accurately cut a proper dosage.

-GC

I shall come back to destroy your logic later, I’m giving you time to correct yourself. Ain’t I kind? 😘
Alright. I’ll try find the scientific explanation that I have lying around somewhere. Cannot remember the terms off hand. But it’s got nothing to do with patches though. That stuff was about IV Fentanyl and the like.

I believe the 12 mcg/h and 25 mcg/h patches are the only ones suitable for people with no tolerance. So, wearing a 75 mcg/h patch would probably be too much.

Just my 2 cents. :)

Yeah, yeah. Go ahead and destroy. I've spent the better part of the entire weekend sifting through Fentanyl documentation and research paper downloads and links and I cannot find what I was looking for. As a rule I don't just post shit for the sake of it i.e. I do remember in one of these documents or on one of these links it was clearly stated that Fentanyl is "unique' in its pharmacological action. I just cannot find that text I'm afraid. And believe me: in a crass attempt to save face I've tried!

As for multiple nalaxone administrations: turns out it has everything to do with the half life of Fentanyl compared to the half life of nalaxone (which I'm pretty sure I posted about somewhere around here before but cannot find my post) (my posts seem to be lacking of late i.e. not of the quality they used to be when it comes to intricacies and researched and verified information) (maybe my grey matter has absorbed all it's capable of absorbing and has become saturated) (or all of this information is becoming mush). It's no excuse for posting bullshit though e.g. Fentanyl playing hide and go seek!

Edit:

Could have had something to do with the below (but I distinctly remember wording along the lines of "Fentanyl is unique in that it...". Cannot find it now.

"When fentanyl is given as an intravenous bolus, fentanyl is rapidly distributed from plasma into highly vascularized compartments. After uptake in the systemic circulation, redistribution to muscle and fat tissue occurs. Elimination half time is highly variable in various studies (219–853 min), particularly due to this redistribution. Fentanyl used in a transdermal patch is absorbed first by the skin, then taken up into the cutaneous microcirculation, before entering the systemic circulation. The rapid‐onset fentanyl products are absorbed by the highly vascularized oromucosal and nasal membranes before entering the systemic circulation. Additionally, there is also some gastrointestinal uptake, especially for the oromucosal products."

Still not what I was referring to or looking for but a fun read nevertheless.

Last edited:
Well my puppy just had an operation and we have come home with methadone tablets and a fentanyl patch to change over in 3 days. Please do as my puppy is and wear it. She is looking super happy and hasn't smoked anything. Sometimes its best to just do what dogs do.. they seem to know whats up!
'Hasn't smoked anything' since the patch?
Or never, sorry I just imagined a puppy smoking drugs which made me laugh.

Glad it work my cat got Robenacobix 6 mg for 5 tooth extractions, which she luckily didn't need. Or did, but she looked better then before the procedure. So i just left her heal.

Hey y’all SWIM has possibly acquired a 72 hr 75mcg/hr 8.25 mg transdermal fentanyl patch. He/she has 0 opiate tolerance and was hoping to be safely guided on how to smoke the patch. As in how small should they cut the pieces and can they put it on a bowl of weed or something. Thanks
Working with a drug containing lethal doses of fent, like pressed Roxi 30s, and expessially a time release patch, can be very dangerous. It must be kept in mind at all times fentanyl absorbs through the skin, nose, mouth or really anywhere it can come in contact with your body it can absorb. So be cautious not to get gel on your hands or in your mouth, you wont od from a small amount but getting doped out without meaning too can be a scary experience for sure.

Cut the patch open slightly and squeeze a tiny tiny tiny dot of gel onto a 5 inch square of tin foil. Quickly tape the patch close, or place it in a completely air tight bag to keep it from drying.

Get a straw or similar object and place it in your mouth with your lungs empty of air. Light the other side of the foil with a lighter and guide the fentanyl around the foil making sure it stays on the foil and doesn't drip off. Soon it will began to vaporize so suck gently through the straw and chase the trail of vapor masking sure your sucking most of it through the straw and into your lungs. Once you either have vaporized the entire fentanyl glob, or got a hit take the flame away from the foil and suck the last of the smoke up

I don't think it matters how long you hold the smoke, but to be safe hold it for 5-10 seconds then blow it out. Eventually youl feel sedation typical with sub-euphoric doses of morphine except this feeling is stronger than with morphine and very sedating and heavy. After a few minutes apathy kicks in along with some euphoria and warmth. At higher doses you can get a small rush, and a high full of bliss and nods.

Keep in mind smoking fent can be 2-5xs as strong as oral fent so dose accordingly. Also many say you will reach an od trying to chase the same euphoria as morphine derivitives so just appreciate fent for what it is and don't dose to high.

Working with a drug containing lethal doses of fent, like pressed Roxi 30s, and expessially a time release patch, can be very dangerous. It must be kept in mind at all times fentanyl absorbs through the skin, nose, mouth or really anywhere it can come in contact with your body it can absorb. So be cautious not to get gel on your hands or in your mouth, you wont od from a small amount but getting doped out without meaning too can be a scary experience for sure.

Cut the patch open slightly and squeeze a tiny tiny tiny dot of gel onto a 5 inch square of tin foil. Quickly tape the patch close, or place it in a completely air tight bag to keep it from drying.

Get a straw or similar object and place it in your mouth with your lungs empty of air. Light the other side of the foil with a lighter and guide the fentanyl around the foil making sure it stays on the foil and doesn't drip off. Soon it will began to vaporize so suck gently through the straw and chase the trail of vapor masking sure your sucking most of it through the straw and into your lungs. Once you either have vaporized the entire fentanyl glob, or got a hit take the flame away from the foil and suck the last of the smoke up

I don't think it matters how long you hold the smoke, but to be safe hold it for 5-10 seconds then blow it out. Eventually youl feel sedation typical with sub-euphoric doses of morphine except this feeling is stronger than with morphine and very sedating and heavy. After a few minutes apathy kicks in along with some euphoria and warmth. At higher doses you can get a small rush, and a high full of bliss and nods.

Keep in mind smoking fent can be 2-5xs as strong as oral fent so dose accordingly. Also many say you will reach an od trying to chase the same euphoria as morphine derivitives so just appreciate fent for what it is and don't dose to high.
This is an excellent post on blasting off with a fent patch. Makes me sad I don't have one.

OP is /was opioid naive. Had apparently zero experience with any of them. He made the post Friday night and hasn't checked back in. Hopefully he threw it on his body and is still wearing it . If he smoked or ate it I hope @Phlegm checks back in .

As for multiple nalaxone administrations: turns out it has everything to do with the half life of Fentanyl compared to the half life of nalaxone
This is what I was really getting at… you got there though. I commend you. Lol 😜

WTF are you talking about “Fentanyl doesn’t behave as unpredictable as Morphine” don’t post shit if you don’t know what your talking about. Because mostly everything you’ve posted is completely WRONG!!!!

WTF are you talking about “Fentanyl doesn’t behave as unpredictable as Morphine” don’t post shit if you don’t know what your talking about. Because mostly everything you’ve posted is completely WRONG!!!!

Well it looks like you didn't understand what I was saying:

The therapeutic index is the ratio of a toxic dose of a drug to an effective dose of said drug. Fentanyl has a much higher therapeutic index, which makes it safer to use in a clinical setting. This is why fentanyl and fentanyl analogs are greatly preferred to comparatively dangerous opioids like morphine in the context of anesthesia.

Encountering fentanyl on the street is a different story however, where any safety benefit associated with its high therapeutic index (relative to morphine/heroin) is lost due its very high potency and the unknown strength/inconsistency of street drugs.

Thanks for sharing your story.
I got into opiats, needles, coke, whatever ya got, had a binder like you describe, most of my acquaintances died before I came around.. now I don't process emotion well, panick and anxiety attacks.. anyway be prepared for the possibility of long term effects if your gonna fuck around with it..

Well it looks like you didn't understand what I was saying:

The therapeutic index is the ratio of a toxic dose of a drug to an effective dose of said drug. Fentanyl has a much higher therapeutic index, which makes it safer to use in a clinical setting. This is why fentanyl and fentanyl analogs are greatly preferred to comparatively dangerous opioids like morphine in the context of anesthesia.

Encountering fentanyl on the street is a different story however, where any safety benefit associated with its high therapeutic index (relative to morphine/heroin) is lost due its very high potency and the unknown strength/inconsistency of street drugs.