• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with this rare fentanyl patch

Phlegm

Greenlighter
Hey y’all SWIM has possibly acquired a 72 hr 75mcg/hr 8.25 mg transdermal fentanyl patch. He/she has 0 opiate tolerance and was hoping to be safely guided on how to smoke the patch. As in how small should they cut the pieces and can they put it on a bowl of weed or something. Thanks

Also they read that it will go bad in the air… So is it preservable in a plastic bag

Ahem....let me clear my throat. Oh hey there Phlegm. Welcome to Bluelight. We don't use that pesky little swim word here.

Since you are opioid naive messing around with Fentanyl patches is a good way to overdose. They are designed to deliver medication over a 3 day stretch and chewing them or anything else is asking for trouble. Even experienced users have gotten in trouble by altering them to get high.

Just put it on your body ( intact ) and forget trying to blast off with it. It's just not worth it man.

It should come in its own foil lined pouch and sealed. If someone gives you a patch in a plastic bag that has been opened it may have already been used for 3 days and is useless anyway.

Hello and welcome to bluelight!

I would wear it. You'll be high for three days solid with no hassles about smoking patches or overdosing. Seriously.

A 75mcg/hr patch is strong enough to really get a person with no tolerance a pretty strong buzz. I had some 25mcg/hr patches years ago and they made me high for three days. I even puked once or twice while wearing one.

Man, I really wish I had a fentanyl patch today. That would be nice.

Yeah, it's probably better you just wear the patch instead of smoking it.

I would start with only a quarter of it if you have no tolerance. Gonna send this to BDD.

Ok no more swim and also I broke the foil package and cut ~ a 1/8 to 1/16 off and smoked it and felt mild euphoria about a hour ago . I weigh 230. Can I take a quarter now and a half next weekend?

Also I read online if you place the sticky side down you can die because all the drug gets administered at once… Which side goes on the skin I assume the lettering should be up as in readable from left to right not mirrored??

Usually a patch goes sticky side down so that it sticks. It's designed to release slowly over 72 hrs.

It is designed to release slowly but you’ve cut it now so it won’t work as intended.

@dalpat077 is your best bet for info in regards to the patches.

I’d advise staying away from it. Fentanyl is not worth the shitty high you get, if you even get one. You’re more likely to throw up than feel anything enjoyable tbh.

Also I read online if you place the sticky side down you can die because all the drug gets administered at once… Which side goes on the skin I assume the lettering should be up as in readable from left to right not mirrored??
Well nothing could be further from the truth. The Fentanyl is in the adhesive. And good luck trying to affix the patch to the skin placing the non-adhesive side on the skin. And it really doesn't matter whether the writing can be read from left to right or right to left (but agreed it should not be mirrored).

Probably also worth mentioning: a Fetanyl patch contains FAR more Fentanyl than one would think. Matter of fact: they usually contain enough for 10 days even although they must be changed every 72 hours. So your 75µg/h patch, assuming a brand name Duragesic® DTrans® (by Janssen i.e. the "orginal"), patch actually contains 12.6mg (note: MILLIgrams total Fentanyl). Some contain even more e.g. Sandoz known for their excess Fentanyl.

It is designed to release slowly but you’ve cut it now so it won’t work as intended.

@dalpat077 is your best bet for info in regards to the patches.

I’d advise staying away from it. Fentanyl is not worth the shitty high you get, if you even get one. You’re more likely to throw up than feel anything enjoyable tbh.
Funny you should mention this. I had a little experiment go awry yesterday. Going to post about it later today sometime and hope you see it and comment (without losing your shit that is! ❤️ )! :ROFLMAO:

You don't cut the patch and put it on a bowl of weed, what the heck.

You squeeze out a bit and smoke it off of tin foil. Just a pea sized lump and see how that goes. Wait a significant amount of time before hits if you don't know what you are doing.

But that sort of begs a significant question, what kind of person, without any opioid tolerance, would even consider smoking a fentanyl patch.

Wearing whole 75mcg/hr fentanyl patch without a tolerance isn't much fun. When i was 16 years old, zero tolerance, i put a 100mcg/hr patch on (my friends dad had died of cancer and i decided to take ownership of it out of curiosity and play Russian roulette with it). I eventually became very sick, vomiting, i could barely move (it was during a weekend at that same friends house). Yet i wore it for 2 and a half days, it was incredibly strong, the entire duration of which i just sort of crawled from a sofa, to a bed and then to a toilet to throw up, back and forth for 60 hours or so. I remember smiling at my pillow at one point. My friends little brother and his friends were kind of fucking me with me, nicely but still fucking with me, i was so out of it. Not fun without a tolerance, but also not so bad either. I mean i could have taken the patch off but despite the vomiting thought, "hey but its kind of nice too, as long as you stay as still as humanly possible to avoid the incredible nausea".

Back when i was on huge amounts of methadone i used to inject the 100ug/hr patches in one go, nearly 17mg of fentanyl, enough to kill a packed school bus of children. If i tried that now i would dead in around 15 minutes.

Technically speaking, smoking fentanyl is relatively speaking, one of the safer ways of taking it given the ability to titrate it and pharmacokinetics of the drug/fast elimination of it and the relative lack of accumulation in the blood (compared to numerous opioids). Fentanyl's therapeutic index is actually quite a bit higher than morphine, making it comparably safer in known quantities. The problem is, its extreme potency in an absolute sense makes it tricky to handle, especially in inconsistent illicit manifestations of the drug.

But just to be clear, smoking fentanyl is pretty dangerous and can kill you.

You don't cut the patch and put it on a bowl of weed, what the heck.

You squeeze out a bit and smoke it off of tin foil. Just a pea sized lump and see how that goes. Wait a significant amount of time before hits if you don't know what you are doing.

But that sort of begs a significant question, what kind of person, without any opioid tolerance, would even consider smoking a fentanyl patch.

Wearing whole 75mcg/hr fentanyl patch without a tolerance isn't much fun. When i was 16 years old, zero tolerance, i put a 100mcg/hr patch on (my friends dad had died of cancer and i decided to take ownership of it out of curiosity and play Russian roulette with it). I eventually became very sick, vomiting, i could barely move (it was during a weekend at that same friends house). Yet i wore it for 2 and a half days, it was incredibly strong, the entire duration of which i just sort of crawled from a sofa, to a bed and then to a toilet to throw up, back and forth for 60 hours or so. I remember smiling at my pillow at one point. My friends little brother and his friends were kind of fucking me with me, nicely but still fucking with me, i was so out of it. Not fun without a tolerance, but also not so bad either. I mean i could have taken the patch off but despite the vomiting thought, "hey but its kind of nice too, as long as you stay as still as humanly possible to avoid the incredible nausea".

Back when i was on huge amounts of methadone i used to inject the 100ug/hr patches in one go, nearly 17mg of fentanyl, enough to kill a packed school bus of children. If i tried that now i would dead in around 15 minutes.

Technically speaking, smoking fentanyl is relatively speaking, one of the safer ways of taking it given the ability to titrate it and pharmacokinetics of the drug/fast elimination of it and the relative lack of accumulation in the blood (compared to numerous opioids). Fentanyl's therapeutic index is actually quite a bit higher than morphine, making it comparably safer in known quantities. The problem is, its extreme potency in an absolute sense makes it tricky to handle, especially in inconsistent illicit manifestations of the drug.

But just to be clear, smoking fentanyl is pretty dangerous and can kill you.
That sounds like me when’s I first fell in love with kratom lol

I think you're thinking of those gel reservoir patches no? They don't make them anymore and for this specific reason!

Yeah, the old duragesic.

That experience is where this name negrogesic came from, i made this account that same year (19 years ago). So yeah those are the duragesics they made 19 years ago. They made them for years after not sure when they stopped.

Yes they were very smokable.

As far as fentanyl goes I just have one story to offer but it's a doozy. I've been an opiate addict for 20 years. The only thing I've got going for me is the fact that I never allowed anyone to show me how to put a needle in my veins. Cause they were always trying...."cmon baby lemme show you what pins and needles really feel like" If I had ever let them I would have eventually figured out how to do it myself. I would have been dead a longtime ago. But it was Percocets that got me. Then I met Roxy and it was love at first sight. But by the time opanas and fentanyl came around I had finally made it out on the other side. I've still to this day never even seen an opana. But onetime someone did give me a fentanyl patch. At this time I was taking two or three green beans a day so my tolerance was up there. The friend that gave it to me lived about 45 mins from where I did. He told me to eat the gel out of it so I did. Then I left to go home. Next thing I know...it's two days later and I am waking up in my car parked in a huge office buildings parking garage. I completely lost all the time between telling my friend good bye and the very minute I woke up. I was just a few hours shy of being on the side of milk cartons. My entire family was scared too death looking for me.