• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help with this rare fentanyl patch

Wait... "therapeutic index" meaning total effectiveness I imagine, but isn't that dependant on tolerance as well, so it's a measurement of a common average, with up and down variations.. so it is meaningless right? Maybe I'm still stoned..

Therapeutic index means the range between which a drug is effective and the range at which it is lethal. Fentanyl actually has a higher window than morphine because it is very effective for pain, but that is in a clinical setting where the exact dose is known because the product is pure and delivered effectively. Fentanyl on the street kills people WAY more than other opioids because it's extremely potent and you can't know how pure or how cut it is. And your average drug user doesn't really know that much about drugs even when they think they do, and also people want to redose and keep chasing the strongest high they can. Fentanyl is used in hospitals, for surgery, etc, over morphine because it's safer, but only in that setting, where a doctor is administering a known dosage and is in control of the dose. No one is saying it is safer on the street, it is FAR more dangerous as a street drug than morphine could ever be.

Have we heard back from the OP? I'm a bit worried after they recklessly failed to heed the advice they were given and tried to smoke 1/16th of the patch with zero tolerance, which if it was one of those old gel patches, could have killed them...

Working with a drug containing lethal doses of fent, like pressed Roxi 30s, and expessially a time release patch, can be very dangerous. It must be kept in mind at all times fentanyl absorbs through the skin, nose, mouth or really anywhere it can come in contact with your body it can absorb. So be cautious not to get gel on your hands or in your mouth, you wont od from a small amount but getting doped out without meaning too can be a scary experience for sure.

Cut the patch open slightly and squeeze a tiny tiny tiny dot of gel onto a 5 inch square of tin foil. Quickly tape the patch close, or place it in a completely air tight bag to keep it from drying.

Get a straw or similar object and place it in your mouth with your lungs empty of air. Light the other side of the foil with a lighter and guide the fentanyl around the foil making sure it stays on the foil and doesn't drip off. Soon it will began to vaporize so suck gently through the straw and chase the trail of vapor masking sure your sucking most of it through the straw and into your lungs. Once you either have vaporized the entire fentanyl glob, or got a hit take the flame away from the foil and suck the last of the smoke up

I don't think it matters how long you hold the smoke, but to be safe hold it for 5-10 seconds then blow it out. Eventually youl feel sedation typical with sub-euphoric doses of morphine except this feeling is stronger than with morphine and very sedating and heavy. After a few minutes apathy kicks in along with some euphoria and warmth. At higher doses you can get a small rush, and a high full of bliss and nods.

Keep in mind smoking fent can be 2-5xs as strong as oral fent so dose accordingly. Also many say you will reach an od trying to chase the same euphoria as morphine derivitives so just appreciate fent for what it is and don't dose to high.
SWIM has 2 patches right now, but they don't contain gel. They're just like a nicotine patch. I assume peeling some of the substance off the patch would work the same?

While there are slightly different mechaisms at play from maker to maker, the essential technology is the same across pharmacy as far as Transdermal Patches are concerned. Transdermal means by way of they skin, obviously and the way they work is more or less by your body heat and osmosis slowly eroding the matrix of the patch and the skin then absorbing the solution.

The Fentanyl patch was modeled after the Nictine patch. To refer to the media as gel is a little misleading. We're not talking hair gel here, we're more talking jello-mold x2. It can be scraped off and used in that way, but you lose the ability to titrate dosage beyong anything like 1/2's and 1/4's of the mass and so on.

Yeah, it's probably better you just wear the patch instead of smoking it.

I would start with only a quarter of it if you have no tolerance. Gonna send this to BDD.
You can’t cut the patches. Can you? Doesn’t it alter the time release?

You can’t cut the patches. Can you? Doesn’t it alter the time release?
I have never touched a fentanyl patch, so I am vastly unqualified to answer this. I feel like it had to have been mentioned earlier in the thread or another one if one we were so inclined.

I have never touched a fentanyl patch, so I am vastly unqualified to answer this. I feel like it had to have been mentioned earlier in the thread or another one if one we were so inclined.
I feel like I was pretty much repeating someone's comment from before so my guess would be that it doesn't but I'd want to verify that information if I actually wanted to fuck with this substance.