• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Help with oxycodone withdrawl

Hi everyone.

Looking to get clean as well and a bit new to all of this.

Been smoking weed for 10 years and would use opioids a couple times here and there. 2020 started having access to opioids and was taking smaller doses of 10 to 15mg 2 or 3 times a week. Then last year in September we found a steady supply. Started to dose up to about 20 to 30mg oxy by the end of last year and taking it 4 or 5 times a week. Well as i kept using, the tolerance kept growing. This year it became a daily habit and i started using up to 50mgs in a dose sometimes I would re-dose but never have taken more than 80mg in a day. Well i got introduced to the pressed m 30s in June and took a couple here and there flip flopping the oxy and the pressed. I would say about 4 or 5 weeks ago i switched over to the pressed m 30s and would snort 2/3rd to 1 a day in small lines (1 pressed would yield 12 or so lines).

Well i realized i was going down the wrong path and have decided I really need to turn my life around. 2 days ago i took a little less than half of a pressed and yesterday i took at most 1/4th of a press. I am planning on switching back to oxy for a few days or a week (need some guidance here) and then stopping the oxy as well.

I would love some guidance and maybe a quick little draft of how I should go about it. I see the recommended variants to use during but not sure which once to use at the same time and when to use what.

I have access to anything over the counter of course as well as lorazepam and i think my guy has Subs. One thing to note, at the beginning of June i went to Mexico for 6 days and while the first night was really difficult to sleep and i felt hot and cold, after the second night i was pretty good. I know with adding the fent into my system recently it will more than likely be worse.

I really appreciate all the insight. About 14 hours into it so far
How are you doing @Newtoit ?
Sorry that I didn’t get back to you until now.
I have had a rough couple of days in between prescriptions.

I think your plan of going back to the oxy to get off the pressed (fentanyl) pills is reasonable.
I would stabilize on that and then slowly taper down.
If you have a steady supply and could do that.
Otherwise, I think @Ganjcat is right about you needing to get on some methadone.
That would keep you stable and is way less harmful for your body than a bunch of Loperamide and other withdrawal aides that should only be used in emergency situations for a few days.
Those are a bandaid and not a very good one.

You could do a suboxone taper or a methadone taper.
The good news for you is you say you have only been using the opiates daily for about a year right?
If that is the case, you can get off pretty easy if you do it now.
I think you would feel like shit for 3-4 days and be done.
I had a surgery when I was 20 yrs old and had some problems with it and was on oxycodone for a year steady, every day for a year and I went to my doctor for help and he asked me how long and I told him a year and he told me cold turkey 3 days and you will be better and he was right.
You are not in too deep yet.
You are on a bad path though, you know that.
I was taking about 25 mg oxycodone a day for a year and I was okay after 3 days.

Let us know how your doing.
Sending prayers and love for you!

Last edited:
Hey Sweetie!
Good to hear from you.
I thought I better check in.
All my friends here are probably worried.
This has been a hard year.
Hope all is well with you.
❤️

Yeah it's been a rough year for sure. I'm doing pretty good, good and bad things, but overall good. Coming off kratom once again, my last dose is going to be tomorrow, then it's a few days of suboxone and gabapentin after that. I was worried about you so I'm glad to see you check in. :)

Yeah it's been a rough year for sure. I'm doing pretty good, good and bad things, but overall good. Coming off kratom once again, my last dose is going to be tomorrow, then it's a few days of suboxone and gabapentin after that. I was worried about you so I'm glad to see you check in. :)
Glad that the good has been overall better than the bad!
You always keep a level head and are super smart about things.

Dang, coming off Kratom is that bad huh?
You don’t think I will have any problems from Kratom if I used 1-2 teaspoons a day for like 11 days do you?
How long would you say it takes to get a Kratom problem going?

I would think switching back to my MS Contin prescription would cover it don’t you?
I feel like I really got my tolerance down.
That was the goal and I suffered it out quite a lot.
I just took enough to take the edge off and keep me from violent puking.

I’m feeling so much better now.
My pain medication is working real good now.

Thank you for worrying about me.
You are a sweetheart and a good friend.
❤️

Well since you have prior opioid dependence, you'll develop dependence faster, as kratom is just another opioid, albeit a strange one that is a partial agonist. Your dose is quite low though, so you might be fine. A dose that low is not going to cause much in the way of withdrawal, maybe a little. But yeah certainly your prescribed morphine will cover it completely, so don't worry. Some people find that kratom jacks up tolerance to other opiates more than it seems like it should but again, your dose is quite low so I'm sure you'll be fine. people experiencing a big tolerance increase from kratom are typically taking a lot more than you are.

Kratom withdrawal can be quite bad with high doses, and I've been taking quite high doses, like 30 grams a day plus some extracts a lot of days. That's about 15 teaspoons and then the extracts also add a lot more. It's fairly bad for me, though I have been on quite a bit more than that before. The last time I tried to get off I also used suboxone but I used it for like 8 days or something and ended up having residual withdrawal from that and it caused me to relapse when I still felt like shit 22 days later. But this time I only have 2 8mg suboxone pills so I should be fine. I am using it so that I don't suffer needlessly, whenever I try to just get through withdrawals it is extremely hard not to relapse. When I use things to bypass the worst of it, it is much easier to succeed. Plus I will be traveling for work to meet with my company's president during that time and I need to be at my best.

Well since you have prior opioid dependence, you'll develop dependence faster, as kratom is just another opioid, albeit a strange one that is a partial agonist. Your dose is quite low though, so you might be fine. A dose that low is not going to cause much in the way of withdrawal, maybe a little. But yeah certainly your prescribed morphine will cover it completely, so don't worry. Some people find that kratom jacks up tolerance to other opiates more than it seems like it should but again, your dose is quite low so I'm sure you'll be fine. people experiencing a big tolerance increase from kratom are typically taking a lot more than you are.

Kratom withdrawal can be quite bad with high doses, and I've been taking quite high doses, like 30 grams a day plus some extracts a lot of days. That's about 15 teaspoons and then the extracts also add a lot more. It's fairly bad for me, though I have been on quite a bit more than that before. The last time I tried to get off I also used suboxone but I used it for like 8 days or something and ended up having residual withdrawal from that and it caused me to relapse when I still felt like shit 22 days later. But this time I only have 2 8mg suboxone pills so I should be fine. I am using it so that I don't suffer needlessly, whenever I try to just get through withdrawals it is extremely hard not to relapse. When I use things to bypass the worst of it, it is much easier to succeed. Plus I will be traveling for work to meet with my company's president during that time and I need to be at my best.
Thank you my brother.
Your council is always right on correct.
That makes me feel better and also gives me a lot of caution for Kratom.

I think I was careful enough not to use anything too much for the withdrawal so as not to have another ass kicking from comfort meds.
I am the same as you when it comes to the relapsing.
One cannot tolerate 22 or more straight days and nights of feeling horrible.
It is a real fine line to use just enough to help but not end up having problems from the comfort med’s.

Whew that is a hefty Kratom habit you had going.
I’m glad you are almost done with that!
Well done.

I hope your work meeting goes excellent and all is well.
Take care.
❤️

How are you doing @Newtoit ?
Sorry that I didn’t get back to you until now.
I have had a rough couple of days in between prescriptions.

I think your plan of going back to the oxy to get off the pressed (fentanyl) pills is reasonable.
I would stabilize on that and then slowly taper down.
If you have a steady supply and could do that.
Otherwise, I think @Ganjcat is right about you needing to get on some methadone.
That would keep you stable and is way less harmful for your body than a bunch of Loperamide and other withdrawal aides that should only be used in emergency situations for a few days.
Those are a bandaid and not a very good one.

You could do a suboxone taper or a methadone taper.
The good news for you is you say you have only been using the opiates daily for about a year right?
If that is the case, you can get off pretty easy if you do it now.
I think you would feel like shit for 3-4 days and be done.
I had a surgery when I was 20 yrs old and had some problems with it and was on oxycodone for a year steady, every day for a year and I went to my doctor for help and he asked me how long and I told him a year and he told me cold turkey 3 days and you will be better and he was right.
You are not in too deep yet.
You are on a bad path though, you know that.
I was taking about 25 mg oxycodone a day for a year and I was okay after 3 days.

Let us know how your doing.
Sending prayers and love for you!
Hi @Painful One, I am doing okay. Nights are the worst as I just have trouble calming my arms down. Feels like RSL in the arms. My body gets hot and cold here and there. Mentally it’s a bit challenging as well.

So Wednesday was my last dose of fent. This dosage was 1/4th of a pressed pill that yielded 3 lines I took every couple hours. Thursday I took 40 mg of oxy around 3pm and was thinking about tapering down to 30mg on Friday and then 20mg Saturday (today) but instead I decided to switch to kratom.

I started dosing 300mg Gaba 3 times a day starting this past Friday. Is that a fine dose or should I add a little more or less? I bought some Kratom OPMS gold caps and opened one up yesterday and had about 2/3rds of the capsule. I have no tolerance to kratom so i def felt it and I think I even got a body buzz. I’m really not looking for a “high” so I’m going to drop my dosage a bit. I don’t plan on using kratom for more than 5 days. What do you all think about this

I also have lorazepam, ambien and olanzapine and of course can access anything OTC.

I was going to go the Suboxone route but after reading around and chatting with some folks I decided against it. Also, my guy who was suppose to have a supply only has one and doesn’t know when he will get more subs.

I appreciate your insight as well as everyone else’s. Being selfish here asking all the questions but I hope you all are doing well too.

Is the gabapentin helping? Personally I find the best relief around 1200mg in a day, or 1500mg. I'd add a little more unless you feel it's doing the job. If you dose the right amount it should help a lot, like very noticeable relief. I usually dose 300mg every 45 minutes until I get to 1200mg. And then dose another one later in the day so it keeps it going and helps me sleep better, gabapentin helps with the RLS a lot. I find that it takes a good bit more than 300mg to really offer much relief, and if you take 300mg every 6 hours or something, you're never getting enough of it to help that much.

The RLS in the arms is THE WORST, my god I hate it.

If you don't use the kratom for more than 5 days it should help and not really set you back, provided of course you haven't been addicted to kratom before.

Is the gabapentin helping? Personally I find the best relief around 1200mg in a day, or 1500mg. I'd add a little more unless you feel it's doing the job. If you dose the right amount it should help a lot, like very noticeable relief. I usually dose 300mg every 45 minutes until I get to 1200mg. And then dose another one later in the day so it keeps it going and helps me sleep better, gabapentin helps with the RLS a lot. I find that it takes a good bit more than 300mg to really offer much relief, and if you take 300mg every 6 hours or something, you're never getting enough of it to help that much.

The RLS in the arms is THE WORST, my god I hate it.

If you don't use the kratom for more than 5 days it should help and not really set you back, provided of course you haven't been addicted to kratom before.
I think the gaba is helping a bit but hard to tell so far. To be fair I’ve only been using it for a day and a half. I am going to up the dosage. When you load up the gaba in your body, when do you usually so and then when you redose at night is it just 300 or 600 mg more? I have been taking 300 every 6 hours or so but seems like I’m not doing it right.

When the sun is out I am more active so that is helping but come night time my mind starts up and the mental aspect kicks in more. 3 nights of that restless arm shit so far and it’s just not fun at all.

Ya I am definitely going to stop the kratom by Tuesday/Wednesday. I just didn’t want to go completely cold off the oxy and fent.

Sorry for all the questions but are these OPMS gold caps fine? I did some research and each cap seems to be about 5grams of leaf

It might be better to take the bulk of it later in the day, as it will help you sleep. gabapentin lasts a good 12 hours. You only want to take 300mg at a time because you can't absorb more than that at once. You should take it on a full stomach, which is the opposite of how most drugs work. Take 300mg every 45 minutes and by the 4th one you should be experiencing some good relief. It's a strange drug with how it absorbs, and it sounds like you're not taking enough. If you take enough it will help more than a little bit.

The OPMS caps are fine, they're pretty strong.

It might be better to take the bulk of it later in the day, as it will help you sleep. gabapentin lasts a good 12 hours. You only want to take 300mg at a time because you can't absorb more than that at once. You should take it on a full stomach, which is the opposite of how most drugs work. Take 300mg every 45 minutes and by the 4th one you should be experiencing some good relief. It's a strange drug with how it absorbs, and it sounds like you're not taking enough. If you take enough it will help more than a little bit.

The OPMS caps are fine, they're pretty strong.
@Xorkoth It feels like I get some relief by talking to folks on this site. Can’t thank you all enough.

I took 300mg 4:30PST and another 300mg at 5:30 just now. I will follow it up with a couple more doses this evening. Thank you for the info about taking them on a full stomach. I read you should take gaba with fatty foods so I was just eating a couple almonds or chocolate and then taking it lol. I will change that.

Good to hear about the OPMS. Maybe another half cap if needed this evening

Glad to be able to help. :) It can also be a big help just to have people to talk to when things are feeling rough, or even to check in and hold yourself accountable. So please feel free to update your thread any time! We also have a bunch of other subforums including some more social areas.

@Xorkoth It feels like I get some relief by talking to folks on this site. Can’t thank you all enough.

I took 300mg 4:30PST and another 300mg at 5:30 just now. I will follow it up with a couple more doses this evening. Thank you for the info about taking them on a full stomach. I read you should take gaba with fatty foods so I was just eating a couple almonds or chocolate and then taking it lol. I will change that.

Good to hear about the OPMS. Maybe another half cap if needed this evening
Hope u doin better I know its hella hard it's alot mental too man if u can get urself to always thinking I can do this I don't feel to bad keep busy that rls suck at cvs they sell pill for it helps ur whole body too not just legs arms body wish I could replied when u stated but sounds like ur on ur way always tamper off anything u can tamper off fent get on pks (painkillers) tamper off those then on to subs should have to take em for more then 2 weeks I was taking 200-300 mg of roxy n perks a day mostly roxys for 2 years stright, i started at 120mg for 4 days then 110 -90mg for a week then lowered down 10mg every week my mg was really high tho n I only took sumthin if I felt like shit. Once I got to 30mg week I just switched to subs I went to a doc tho $150 visit pee test had make sure i had pks in system I got 60 8mg pill subs ever month (don't go cvs or big pharmacy I paid almost 400 for scrip I started going to mom n pop shop pharmacy paid 160-190 for same brand n count fucking crazy) I really only need to go once I took subs for two weeks I booted half let half devolve so I'd do halfs then fourths n chilled once I hit 2 weeks that week I just smoked weed n I had zanz to help me sleep threw whole thing helps with restlessness n shakes too when i started cuz at night is the worst also when i started my 2 weeks on subs I took multivitamins b b12 b complex C D E the chewable ones even kid ones are fine long as u giving ur body exercises n vitamins n lots of water help ur body fush all drugs out quicker n not shock ur body so much eat good food, fruits r ur friend long as u don't got bubble guts if u do stay away from fruits sugar in em doesn't help eat rice crackers potatoes soups Gatorade helps to n ginger ale n I was taking rls pills cuz I couldn't stop shaking pills took it from a 10 to 5-6 made it bearable I could finally sleep the zanz help too I'd take half a bar big thing if your a guy get testosterone pills n take em soon as u stop taking pk u won't feel so sluggish if u do end up fucking u won't perform like shit it won't be ur best but it will be way better then if u didn't take em once u off pks ur testosterone falls reslly quick but after 3 weeks maybe a month tops ur body regulates just don't go crazy on testosterone pills for first 2 weeks take em u skip a dose it's ok but take at least morning or night dose don't have to take both veggies r good too hot bag on lower n upper back helps shower when u can tolerate it helps wash off all toxin in ur sweat n u feel better I never done kratom but friends that have do say get as close to 1200 a day for first 5-7 days my firsnts are 200 pounds tho so I'd say if u under 180 800-900 be good im try ketom this week when I detox again see how it goes if it help with wd iv hear good things just don't belive sumthin over counter would help. I now only take 90-180 mg once ever 2-3 weeks sumtimes longer I rry keep tolerance down take 4 subs n im good threw wds but it is hard to stay off pks u want keep doin em if u a addict to em it hasn't got harder or easier when I quit it pretty much same everytime i do got a strong mental n get tired or pks especially if I see it slowing me down n not being as productive. I tamper off hit subs for 4 days then stay clean for 3weeks tp a month n then for week or 2 I get fucked up n repeat im gettin off em soon tho so I'll make a post on my finally cleaning/detox wds r worst wish they just take pill that helps with pain that isn't addictive I know they have one just not profitable to big pharma

Loperamide is considered by some to be the "poor man's methadone". Basically that looks like taking huge quantities of loperamide so that it crosses into the blood stream from the gut and becomes centrally active and wipes out withdrawal symptoms. It works. That's how I kicked a 100g/day kratom habit. You'll need to take like 20-50 loperamide pills a day plus a PPI like omeprazole for a few weeks and taper off.

My worst withdrawal ever was from oxy @ 350-400mg/day. Did it cold turkey with no comfort meds or external support at the ripe old age of 16. That was traumatic to say the least.
I used to routinely cold turkey off 400 mg Oxy and 30 mg Alprazolam all the time. Now that was traumatic.

I used to routinely cold turkey off 400 mg Oxy and 30 mg Alprazolam all the time. Now that was traumatic.
Ders no way 400mg oxy for how long a few days or 2 days then cold turkey n 30 mg zanz for how long maybe oxy but zanz would give u seizures or kill u cold turkey unless it was only a few days taking 30 mg zanz that's crazy how was the wds cold turkey isn't they way why put urself threw all them wds why not tamper or get subs

Ders no way 400mg oxy for how long a few days or 2 days then cold turkey n 30 mg zanz for how long maybe oxy but zanz would give u seizures or kill u cold turkey unless it was only a few days taking 30 mg zanz that's crazy how was the wds cold turkey isn't they way why put urself threw all them wds why not tamper or get subs
I ended up with psychosis.

I was catatonic.

I think the gaba is helping a bit but hard to tell so far. To be fair I’ve only been using it for a day and a half. I am going to up the dosage. When you load up the gaba in your body, when do you usually so and then when you redose at night is it just 300 or 600 mg more? I have been taking 300 every 6 hours or so but seems like I’m not doing it right.

When the sun is out I am more active so that is helping but come night time my mind starts up and the mental aspect kicks in more. 3 nights of that restless arm shit so far and it’s just not fun at all.

Ya I am definitely going to stop the kratom by Tuesday/Wednesday. I just didn’t want to go completely cold off the oxy and fent.

Sorry for all the questions but are these OPMS gold caps fine? I did some research and each cap seems to be about 5grams of leaf
Hey don’t be sorry for the questions.
That is what we are here for.
We help one another. Save lives that way from everyone’s combined experience.
It also does help SO much to just be able to talk with others who understand what you are going through.
Keep talking.
No matter if you fail or succeed. It often takes many, many tries.
Many of us had just had to go to daily maintenance.

I would definitely listen to what @Xorkoth says. I have found his advice to be right on and he has saved me from much.
He is invaluable here.

I take a lot more gabapentin. Lol. I have 600 mg pills that I take 3 times a day.
When I am in withdrawal I double that dosage twice a day.
I have been taking the gabapentin for over a year now so I have a tolerance to it.
I have found the Gabapentin lasts for 6 hours and that is what my doctor told me also.
I would follow @Xorkoth’s instructions.
He is better than a specialist. 😁

How are you doing today my friend?
I hope things are getting better.

Sounds like you found some good Kratom.
It does help quite a lot for the physical symptoms, does nothing for the mental agony in my experience but I don’t have much experience with it.

Sending you my love and support.
This is not impossible.
❤️👍

That was September 2013... Worst 2 weeks of my life!

I'm in a better place now thank you ;)
Thank God!
I cannot believe you even lived through that.
I’m so sorry you went through that kind of hell.

I sure am glad you are in a better place now. 😉

Please don’t ever do that again.