• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Help with heroin tapering with Lyrica n Valiums

polo792

Bluelighter
I have relapsed back on heroin n for sometime now, I thought since the pandemic hit it was a good time to start tapering and get clean. It was working at one stage when my brother would administer the heroin and make me 6 hits of 0.05g in each syringe for the day. Reducing the number of syringes over time but along the way things changed and I was the one who would be making the hits. Long story cut short currently I am using 0.10g a hit 6 times a day so total would be 0.6g. I know I dont need to have thst many cos I find myself using wen I am not withdrawing and I think I can go with 3 hits of 0.10g a day. So hopefully someone can help me with any advice with a plan as i have valiums, lycria and tramadol. I was thinking of trying to have no more then 0.3g during the day n instead of having a hit b4 bed I pop a lycria as I have been told it knocks u out n helps with the restless legs even til the next day. And then reduce the heroin and again pop the lycria to taper off n eventually cease. I would also pop valium to help with the anxiety. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

So you quit taking 6 shots and reduced it to 3. But you increased the dose in the shots. So you are taking the same amount daily. Instead of 6 shots at .05 its 3 at .10 ?

You have valium, lyrica and tramadol in your comfort med bag so these are all great drugs to substitute for the heroin/fent. Knowing how insidious IV addiction can be you probably won't be able to quit on your own. Have you ever thought about suboxone or methadone?

Those 3 meds will go a long way if you ever decide to detox. Do you want to quit taking IV heroin? Or just reduce the amount you take daily?

Well I have a script of valiums, 3 tramadols and I think 3 lycria. By wat dose do I intend on taking I'm not sure wat exactly wat u mean, do u mean how much heroin per hit? If so I was aiming for 0.05g, as currently i have 0.10g a hit.

So you quit taking 6 shots and reduced it to 3. But you increased the dose in the shots. So you are taking the same amount daily. Instead of 6 shots at .05 its 3 at .10 ?

You have valium, lyrica and tramadol in your comfort med bag so these are all great drugs to substitute for the heroin/fent. Knowing how insidious IV addiction can be you probably won't be able to quit on your own. Have you ever thought about suboxone or methadone?

Those 3 meds will go a long way if you ever decide to detox. Do you want to quit taking IV heroin? Or just reduce the amount you take daily?
I dont plan on increasing the dose and reducing the times I have a hit. I intend to keep the dose at 0.05g a hit.

I get a monthly script of valiums even though I'm not addicted to benzos I get them to have. I'm too scared to become addicted to benzos as i know it would be hard to get off and i usually take one valium say every few days if any. But with the other pills I dont have much experience with them so anyone who has knowledge and best way to use them to quit heroin I would be so appreciative.

I have a script of valiums, 3 tramadols and I think 3 lycria.
Seems ya may be relying more on the diazepam (valium) more so than the trams or pregabalin (lyrica) because of sheer numbers of product(s). What mg are the lyrica?
Is there kratom available where you are? This imo would be optimal. In my experience it may replace the H habit with a kratom one but to drop the kratom is a whole lot easier on the mind/body than H. If ya wait til in full WDs from the H and dose kratom to take the edge off for a few days ya can drop the kratom without much ado. This is my experience but may not work for another.
The pregabalin will help a great deal with opioid WDs but depending on mg of pills/capsules there will be the matter of efficacy.
Diazepam has a long half life which simply means that it stays in the body and is active for quite some time. Dosing enough valium to ease H WDs may very well end in a benzo addiction unless one can drop the valium as soon as the H WDs start to fade... which should be in 3-5 days ime. This short time of benzo use to combat the worst of the WDs will most likely not cause a dependence. I would stress that to wait until in full WDs before taking anything will produce more noticeable easement of symptoms and will keep use of comfort meds in check.
Best of luck with this and keep posted?
Thanks

Seems ya may be relying more on the diazepam (valium) more so than the trams or pregabalin (lyrica) because of sheer numbers of product(s). What mg are the lyrica?
Is there kratom available where you are? This imo would be optimal. In my experience it may replace the H habit with a kratom one but to drop the kratom is a whole lot easier on the mind/body than H. If ya wait til in full WDs from the H and dose kratom to take the edge off for a few days ya can drop the kratom without much ado. This is my experience but may not work for another.
The pregabalin will help a great deal with opioid WDs but depending on mg of pills/capsules there will be the matter of efficacy.
Diazepam has a long half life which simply means that it stays in the body and is active for quite some time. Dosing enough valium to ease H WDs may very well end in a benzo addiction unless one can drop the valium as soon as the H WDs start to fade... which should be in 3-5 days ime. This short time of benzo use to combat the worst of the WDs will most likely not cause a dependence. I would stress that to wait until in full WDs before taking anything will produce more noticeable easement of symptoms and will keep use of comfort meds in check.
Best of luck with this and keep posted?
Thanks
I dont have any kratoms as I'm not into pills, the lycria mg I'm not sure. Are the mg written on the capsules? All I know is that they are red and white, the tramadols are 100mg.
So u suggest I should wait til I'm in full wd b4 taking any of the comfort meds? I just had a pt of H wen I woke up n my plan is to now wait for 8 hrs and then have 0.5g of h and pop one of the pills, which ones i dont know that's why any advice to which one or what process would produce the best outcome would be great.

Also i just want to thank everyone who has given they advice, even if they have a crack at me that's fine I like ppl who are brutally honest.

I should wait til I'm in full wd b4 taking any of the comfort meds?
I would. This tells me two things: 1) That my WDs are at peak and on my way to freedom and 2) That whatever meds I do have on hand will have maximum efficacy.
I dont have any kratoms as I'm not into pills,
Not sure what this means as I get bulk ground leaf powder (or did) and just made tea out of it it is quite effective at remediation of WDs from many a substance I have experienced; including opioids.
All I know is that they are red and white,
Look them up: If they are 300mg capsules I used to get then ya may be able to split that into three doses at 100mg each (of course one would have to dump the powder out and split it up... take orally as it has almost 100% bio availability.
This you know isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world to go through but certainly not the worst. lol After 5-7 days maybe the light shines again.
If ya take the meds while ya on the H what good will that do when it comes time when ya might need something?

I would. This tells me two things: 1) That my WDs are at peak and on my way to freedom and 2) That whatever meds I do have on hand will have maximum efficacy.

Not sure what this means as I get bulk ground leaf powder (or did) and just made tea out of it it is quite effective at remediation of WDs from many a substance I have experienced; including opioids.

Look them up: If they are 300mg capsules I used to get then ya may be able to split that into three doses at 100mg each (of course one would have to dump the powder out and split it up... take orally as it has almost 100% bio availability.
This you know isn't going to be the easiest thing in the world to go through but certainly not the worst. lol After 5-7 days maybe the light shines again.
If ya take the meds while ya on the H what good will that do when it comes time when ya might need something?
I just thought that I reduce my usage n then at night take the meds n hopefully i wouldnt need to have any h.

I just thought that I reduce my usage n then at night take the meds n hopefully i wouldnt need to have any h.

I think I understand a little better. You want to keep using you just don't want to take a night shot. So one less shot per day.

The meds you have on hand will suffice. Valium, tramadol, and lyrica will most assuredly get you a good nights sleep. You won't need all 3. Pick one and experiment. The tramadol may not get you into slumberland but the valium and lyrica probably will. Be safe with those meds. They may not seem like strong ones to you ( because of your H tolerance ) but they ARE strong meds.

Have a good and safe Sunday.

Well if ya gonna continue to use the h and are just looking to get sleep at night then that val is your best bet... only thing is that it may take high dose to combat inter-dose wd. Ya cant count on the lyrica (ya only have three) so that script of vals is what ya have.
I am thinking the lyrica would be better for this but there isn't a sustainable supply.
Ya see where the rub is? Ya gonna be dependent on h and benzos if this is the plan ....

Last edited:
Like 6AM said you have to be careful with the Valium even if you take it once evrey few days . It has a super long half-life so by the time you redose a few days later it’s still in your system . I’ve been thru benzo and opiate withdrawal countless times and what people say about benzo withdrawal is true . It’s literally 100 times worse then opiate withdrawal.
The tramadol would help but you don’t have enough . My first heroin detox 15 years ago was with tramadol but once my habit got bigger it did not help as much . Tramadol is still an opioid so use it when your feeling the worst and hopefully it will help .
the lyrica for me is a godsend but again you don’t have enough of that either . I’m assuming they are the 100mg capsules cuz I’m prescribed lyrica and I’ve had those red and white capsules before . To ease the discomfort of opiate withdrawal you would need all 300mg at once so again I would say to save them for when you feel the worst .
kratom never did shit for me but I know many people that it has helped so you can give that a shot . Order some kratom extract online and make sure not to get hooked on it .
My advice would be to try and get some more lyrica from wherever you got the 3 you have . Also pot helps me a lot when in dope sick . Best of luck!

Last edited:
I don't intend to keep using, I wana stop using. The lycria i won't be able to get anymore, are u saying i would use all 3 in one go wen i go through wd?
So far the advice ppl provided has been very helpful and to know which ones are better and wen to use them is great. The more info and advice I can get I would appreciate.

Like 6AM said you have to be careful with the Valium even if you take it once evrey few days . It has a super long half-life so by the time you redose a few days later it’s still in your system . I’ve been thru benzo and opiate withdrawal countless times and what people say about benzo withdrawal is true . It’s literally 100 times worse then opiate withdrawal.
The tramadol would help but you don’t have enough . My first heroin detox 15 years ago was with tramadol but once my habit got bigger it did not help as much . Tramadol is still an opioid so use it when your feeling the worst and hopefully it will help .
the lyrica for me is a godsend but again you don’t have enough of that either . I’m assuming they are the 100mg capsules cuz I’m prescribed lyrica and I’ve had those red and white capsules before . To ease the discomfort of opiate withdrawal you would need all 300mg at once so again I would say to save them for when you feel the worst .
kratom never did shit for me but I know many people that it has helped so you can give that a shot . Order some kratom extract online and make sure not to get hooked on it .
My advice would be to try and get some more lyrica from wherever you got the 3 you have . Also pot helps me a lot when in dope sick . Best of luck!
So I would need to pop all 3 lycria at once to not like feeling I wana rip my skin off... n te restless legs syndrome? The tramadols are 100mg n I have 3 of them. I have some weed n I dont smoke weed at all but I think it may of lost it potency as I chopped it up n mixed it with tobacco awhile ago.

So I would need to pop all 3 lycria at once
Nah man ya need to look up and identifiers on the pill to determine strength to begin with. If ya never took pregab a 100mg capsule may suffice idk. But it is hard to tell one to eat em all before knowing what dosage they are (the lyrica).
I chopped it up n mixed it with tobacco awhile ago.
The weed should still be OK with the mix unless it has gotten moldy or something.

I think we may be over thinking this a bit and got the nerves up.
Go into this committed and determined and the comfort meds will mean little. They will offer a little aide but in the end one may end up with a bigger monkey on yer back than the H.
I don't intend to keep using, I wana stop using.
Maybe try to taper down the H to the lowest ya can take and jump off? Then use the meds ya have?
Seems ya barley even have much of a "habit" according to your dosing quote (.6g a day). Maybe the fixation is the needle? IDK as I can only assume that "hit" equates to IV....
I think kratom would be the best option with this as going from h to kratom is easy and coming off kratom is easy (in my experiences). Benzo dependance aint no joke I would not rely on that. Overcoming a little over half a g of h with kratom would be a breeze imo.
Post a pic of yer lyrica compared to a quarter or a ruler.

Nah man ya need to look up and identifiers on the pill to determine strength to begin with. If ya never took pregab a 100mg capsule may suffice idk. But it is hard to tell one to eat em all before knowing what dosage they are (the lyrica).

The weed should still be OK with the mix unless it has gotten moldy or something.

I think we may be over thinking this a bit and got the nerves up.
Go into this committed and determined and the comfort meds will mean little. They will offer a little aide but in the end one may end up with a bigger monkey on yer back than the H.

Maybe try to taper down the H to the lowest ya can take and jump off? Then use the meds ya have?
Seems ya barley even have much of a "habit" according to your dosing quote (.6g a day). Maybe the fixation is the needle? IDK as I can only assume that "hit" equates to IV....
I think kratom would be the best option with this as going from h to kratom is easy and coming off kratom is easy (in my experiences). Benzo dependance aint no joke I would not rely on that. Overcoming a little over half a g of h with kratom would be a breeze imo.
Post a pic of yer lyrica compared to a quarter or a ruler.
But the total of my daily usage is about 0.60g and where do I get Kratom from? The lycria is 100mg I checked. I just had my first hit of 0.10g n I'm going to see how long I can withhold b4 I need the next, even though I missed the shot

where do I get Kratom from
I used to order bulk pulverized leaf online from Gothic Kratom for years and never had an issue.
Local smoke shops may have some but it will be expensive in comparison and a hit or miss as to it's potency. My first time I got some half gram capsules from a local shop that were expensive but effective. This led me to ordering online from ebay when that was still a thing but kept in touch with that vendor.
This 100 mg x 3 lyrica will be of little help.
Ya may be able to knock yourself out with the valium but not recommended.
Taper down as best ya can. Take a little off of each shot over time and try skipping doses here and there to get used to not having it (kinda like taking a punch to withstand punches). And just jump off at the lowest of usage is maybe the safest route. It may hurt but not for too long. Surely ya have seen worse...?