• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Help think I’m ODING

You are likely good but again dude…just go thru the WD. I don’t feel comfortable with you using opioids but I’m not your boss of course.

Just man…I was going to answer you but you took it before I could. I get your in wd and I ain’t your daddy but I care about you living.

Please man, just stop messing with opioids and the like if you can. I hate saying if you can because it leaves room for me to lie to myself and give myself reasons why I can’t stop when I can but idk maybe you can’t. Maybe you have severe pain issues idk.

It’s your life friend but just remember this one thing if you don’t remember anything else I say——

Drugs are like ketchup and mustard on a burger. The burger meat is everything else in life like spending time with loved ones, a healthy hobby or at least not unhealthy one, making goals in life to strive for, basically anything that adds value to your life and that includes work and school. We are genetically wired to strive for things and if we don’t we usually get depressed. Now that’s just my opinion. I haven’t looked into it per sey but I am pretty sure I have read that somewhere.

Anyway, if you only have ketchup and mustard on your sandwich it’s a nasty freakin sandwich and empty and boring…

Drugs should be something like the icing on a cake.

This isn’t me saying don’t do drugs. This is me saying make sure it’s just the icing on the cake.

I’m not saying you aren’t already. Idk. Maybe you are but I just don’t want you to risk your
Life to get out of WD and if your not used to a substance you should not be taking it just after overdosing when it’s a drug of the same class and stronger depending how you look at it.

Just be safe is all I’m saying man. Please consider just smoking weed or taking psilocybin. Stuff like that. And if you must get some party in you okay take a molly once a year or something idk. Just do t get caught up in that either. Shit is really bad for you used too much but that’s most things. Just man the opioid game is not somewhere I ever want to be again.

I do take kratom and get Rxd suboxone but i do t ever take my full dose. And once you are taking them regularly you do t get that feeling. Tolerance builds quickly. Kratom does not give me opioid effects because my tolerance and because I’m on subs. It did in the beginning. I started back on them a couple weeks ago. So I’m no role model ok

But I am an x heron addict who used to shoot real heroin. Fentanyl changed the game so much I stay the hell away.

Edit: and by the way. Usually and I’m sure you know this but heroin addicts don’t start off doing heroin.
I appreciate your concern but I’ve only ever had an opioid problem and never heroin or fent it’s only ever been oxycodone.

Also whilst I really do appreciate your concern for my wellbeing -

I’m looking for clear answers to the questions I ask on these posts and the irony is I NEVER seem to get them which is why I have posted so much in such a short span of time,

For instance - I asked in my earlier comment - does bupe cause a lot of respitory depression ?

I never noticed it before today when I took 0.5mgs of bupe. So it either does or I’m just anxious about this whole ordeal I’m going through.

The answer I got back was a big long paragraph on addiction and why I shouldn’t use opiates and analogy’s about addiction without actually answering my question. If I could find the information I’m looking for to keep safe on the internet other than here I’d be doing that but I don’t seem to find answers for my specific questions anywhere and it’s turning out this forum isn’t much different unfortunately.

So would anyone like to actually answer my last question? Where does bupe sit on the scale of respitory depression?

If I could get some questions answered for once I wouldn’t have to post so much. The regular posting is honestly a call for help for someone with more knowledge than me to actually answer technical questions about things like harm reduction and the pharmokinetics of these drugs.

I mean all this with the utmost respect of course

Also I find it a tad hypocritical you telling me I don’t need to taking opioids etc when I’ve seen multiple posts from you around taking subs, Kratom, stimulants , mixing them all together , then asking questions on taking pharmaceuticals I’ve never even heard of and wouldn’t consider taking in my life. I’m too scared to even mix Suboxone and oxycodone together let alone stims like Vyvnase and or benzos with subs or Kratom
Don’t take it if you don’t NEED it. You don’t need it if you are in a room and they are offering it to you. They do not offer it to you when you need it. They give it to you right away.

You will experience extreme discomfort (for most people) but briefly. Then again that’s my experience and I wasn’t dependent now that I think about it.

Still, I don’t think it will, because I was on fentanyl when I OD and they’d narcan me I’d come back then they’d narcan me again a but later because it just doesn’t last that long and the fentanyl is still active. So idk man to be honest. I couldn’t say with certainty.

Still it’s a life saving medication. It’s not something someone takes unless they are in danger of death. Did they hook you up to oxygen?

If not, then it’s likely not that serious but ask your doctor please? Because they can tell you with more accuracy if you will go into PW.

Some stuff like kratom their training is way off base but pharmaceuticals like oxy, they know there shit usually.

For example, they tell them to make people wait 8 hours minimum to take suboxone when inducting. I have never had PW from the combo even at the same time…information they have is way off

Tha
|"Buprenorphine is a partial agonist at the mu opioid receptor. Due to its relatively low maximum effect on respiratory depression it is considered by some to be a safe opioid. But it can produce serious respiratory depression, particularly when combined with sedatives such as benzodiazepines."

So, you're good, just breathe and relax, you're ok. Just don't mix it with other sedatives.
Thanks so much for actually answering my question

Also I find it a tad hypocritical you telling me I don’t need to taking opioids etc when I’ve seen multiple posts from you around taking subs, Kratom, stimulants , mixing them all together , then asking questions on taking pharmaceuticals I’ve never even heard of and wouldn’t consider taking in my life. I’m too scared to even mix Suboxone and oxycodone together let alone stims like Vyvnase and or benzos with subs or Kratom
I wasn’t being an ass man. And no I wasn’t saying you are using fent. If you were on fent Oxy wouldnt do shit for you.

Anything I mentioned was out of concern. Yeah. I never said anything at all about me being some all mighty know it all that lives a perfect life. I stand behind my message because you do not take opioids safely. And hell I didn t either. Many don’t. Some can. You aren’t. And I wasn’t being a jerk. But I see you want to make it like that.

So go do what you do then man. Enjoy your life. You do not need to worry about me ever commenting on your post again. Clearly, you only want to hear what you want to hear.

It’s not hypocritical. Do you know why? I don’t abuse opioids anymore for a very long time and that my friend was my point. My subs are RXd. I don’t abuse them because well it’s pointless.
There is no high to be achieved with subs for me after I was on them for 5 eats strait at 16mg or most of that time.

I never said I didn’t have a drug problem. Sure Ive had my issues with stims primarily. Kratom does not touch me opioid wise. I take it for other reasons. Really it’s mostly placebo I think but I get a slight increase in like and focus and that’s not because my MU opioid receptors.

Of course, i have had a drug problem on bluelight. And yeah I relapsed a couple weeks back, but at least I AM doing trying to reduce my harm. And it was stimulants not opioids just so it’s very clear I was being prescribed adderall to treat adhd and I relapsed okay? Woo hoo you know my big dark hypocritical secret OR maybe it’s not a linear path to defeat an addiction. And maybe I was set up for failure because my doctor knew I had a history of stimulant abuse and I thought I could take them responsibly because I have drastically changed my life around in a matter of weeks.

My entire point was suggesting using something outside the drug class of opioids if you are nearly ODing every time. And I didn’t say anything because I don’t want to attack anything anyone said but suboxone can cause respiratory depression if you do not have a significant opioid tolerance. Just what yesterday? You OD? On 80mg Oxy. So no you don’t have a significant opioid tolerance.

Edit: and the anology I gave was just something someone told me that helped me so yeah that’s all I was trying to do man. But I get it. You didn’t ask specifically for that kind of help but when you scare people two days in a row with “I think I’m ODing posts” what do you expect? Anything said was not meant to offend you and I never said you used fent. I said most don’t start out using heroin or fent. Most start out on pills…but you seem to be serious about stopping opioids already so I digress

And I don’t know how long you have been in the opioid game but most of us on here know many ppl that were close to us that died this way so forgive me if you mention “ I think I’m overdosing again” type posts two days in a row and I get a little passionate.

Last edited:
Let me clarify something - before coming off the Suboxone initially I was stable on it for over a year.

The issues that have arisen have been as a result of my cessation.

I’ve had an issue with opiates my entire life. The only time I didn’t have cravings and was stable was whilst on regular Suboxone treatment.

Since stopping this last 3 weeks has been an absolute nightmare.

So I must say you guys are wrong. Suboxone is where I need to be.

I can’t handle going through withdrawal for days on end I’m sorry but I just can’t. I have too much responsibility in my life through my business and family life. It’s just not feesable right now. And even if I could go through a detox I’d no doubt end up doing lines of oxy again sometime down the line.

If I can re stabilize on Suboxone I have no doubt things will go back to normal for me.
I know I said I would not comment but I just saw this post. Yeah man withdrawl can be rough. I get it if that’s your goal then I would be in support of that. And like I said it’s your life. The way it sounded like you were not used to taking subs when you said you got high off that but I mean you were in withdrawl. I think we just have a big misunderstanding man.

I’m surprised you got high on oxy after suboxone maintenance. I thought for some reason you weren’t pres tubed the subs

Edit: I ain’t going to lie though man. I really do t appreciate you attacking me and my character when I was only trying to help you and you were way off base as well. Just because I used to abuse opioids many moons ago or relapsed here and there. I get up and I try again. That’s why you are off base. I never said I was the example. Was I off base after reading this yeah probably but that reaction was uncalled for man. I didn’t dig into your profile and critique your past. I gave you my opinion for some e that thought they were ODing two days in a row nearly. So yeah, it makes people concerns when they see that.

Last edited:
Haven’t had subs in about 8 or 9 days. I’m feeling no withdrawal but feeling high as a kite right now which is unfortunate. Feel like I can’t breathe but I’m guessing it’s just anxiety? Does bupe even cause respitory depression?
A bit, but not to the point of Oding. Well actually thats not true, if you mix it with another downer or if you're completely opioid naive and take a huge dose it can happen. But its pretty safe for users, being that it has a ceiling dose and all.

Last edited:
I know I said I would not comment but I just saw this post. Yeah man withdrawl can be rough. I get it if that’s your goal then I would be in support of that. And like I said it’s your life. The way it sounded like you were not used to taking subs when you said you got high off that but I mean you were in withdrawl. I think we just have a big misunderstanding man.

I’m surprised you got high on oxy after suboxone maintenance. I thought for some reason you weren’t pres tubed the subs

Edit: I ain’t going to lie though man. I really do t appreciate you attacking me and my character when I was only trying to help you and you were way off base as well. Just because I used to abuse opioids many moons ago or relapsed here and there. I get up and I try again. That’s why you are off base. I never said I was the example. Was I off base after reading this yeah probably but that reaction was uncalled for man. I didn’t dig into your profile and critique your past. I gave you my opinion for some e that thought they were ODing two days in a row nearly. So yeah, it makes people concerns when they see that.
I apologise I wasn’t attacking your character however I felt you were quick to judge what I should be doing without knowing anything about my situation.

So I took oxy for about a year solid before I started Suboxone treatment (I’ve been on and off oxy for 10 years , did an armed robbery on a pharmacy for oxy when I was 19 and spent 5 years in prison for it)

The reason I stopped oxy and started subs a year ago was because I hated being high all the time it was affecting my life too much, once I got onto the subs they put me on 8mgs a day from a 50mg per day oxy habit and I honestly got so high off 8mg that first time I was nodding off and couldn’t breathe,

I dropped down to like 2mg subs stabilized there with minimal symptoms for a while then decided to drop down to 1mg at month 7 where I stayed until I tried to jump off recently, that recent jump off I disengaged with my Suboxone program here and immediately knew it was a mistake the withdrawals felt much worse than oxy withdrawals. So the recent weeks I’ve been basically trying to stabilize myself with oxy and morphine and whatever else I can get my hands on but every time I take the oxy for some reason it makes me way too high and anxious. I’m not sure why, I was always fine on oxy in the past I loved it, (loved it so much I shoved a sawn off into a pharmacists face at 19 and demanded all their oxy) but since coming off subs they’ve felt like they hit me way too hard.

Taking that 0.5mg sub today again I felt like I had respitory depression and was high. Again I’m not sure why, I’m guessing I’ve reset my suboxone tolerance being off them for 9 days, the thing is I was never on a high dose of subs in the first place, I only took 8mgs on 1 day out of over a year of use and the rest has been 2mg and below.

All I know is being on subs I don’t crave oxy, I can focus on my company and my family, I can train hard at the gym and at the sprint track. And it stops me from thoughts of committing crime to sustain my habit now that I’m in my 30s

So that there is why I need to be on subs, I don’t want to be on them forever, but for now it’s the right thing for me until I can find out how I can come off them slower with minimal withdrawal.

This is a serious question:

Have you tried megadose vitamin C to prevent withdrawal?

It actually works as long as you take enough. Vitamin C.