• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Help think I’m ODING

Slayer0344

Bluelighter
I think Ive taken too much oxy and I don’t know what to do, im feeling like I can’t breathe. If I go to the er they are gonna shoot me with naloxone will that put me in precipitated withdrawal?

I don’t know what to do

I don’t want to go into pcw I’ve been off subs for 1 week and have been using oxy for the withdrawal

How much did you take?

They were those "blue 30" oxys were they 🤔

80mg dose pharmacy grade, they haven’t naloxoned me yet just monitoring me
Going to the hospital was the right call regardless. Any time you have issues breathing or feel like you do and it’s not a panic attack then it’s an issue you need to be seen for especially with opiates.

And yeah naloxone sucks but it only sucks for about a quick minute. Well idk it was for me. Just really freakin hot all over and fire going thru my veins but only for a minute.

Not that big a deal considering the other option is possible death.

Won’t I go into precipitated withdrawal if they give me naloxone, they are offering it to me but I’m refusing because I’m terrified of the precipitated withdrawal. I have been off of subs for a week and have been using oxy to manage the withdrawal

Won’t I go into precipitated withdrawal if they give me naloxone, they are offering it to me but I’m refusing because I’m terrified of the precipitated withdrawal. I have been off of subs for a week and have been using oxy to manage the withdrawal
Don’t take it if you don’t NEED it. You don’t need it if you are in a room and they are offering it to you. They do not offer it to you when you need it. They give it to you right away.

You will experience extreme discomfort (for most people) but briefly. Then again that’s my experience and I wasn’t dependent now that I think about it.

Still, I don’t think it will, because I was on fentanyl when I OD and they’d narcan me I’d come back then they’d narcan me again a but later because it just doesn’t last that long and the fentanyl is still active. So idk man to be honest. I couldn’t say with certainty.

Still it’s a life saving medication. It’s not something someone takes unless they are in danger of death. Did they hook you up to oxygen?

If not, then it’s likely not that serious but ask your doctor please? Because they can tell you with more accuracy if you will go into PW.

Some stuff like kratom their training is way off base but pharmaceuticals like oxy, they know there shit usually.

For example, they tell them to make people wait 8 hours minimum to take suboxone when inducting. I have never had PW from the combo even at the same time…information they have is way off

Last edited:
so they ended up sending me home with naloxone injections to keep at home for my wife to use in the case of me ever oding.

If you’ve never been thrown into pcw when inducting Suboxone you must of been microdosing and titrating the dose when starting it?

so they ended up sending me home with naloxone injections to keep at home for my wife to use in the case of me ever oding.

If you’ve never been thrown into pcw when inducting Suboxone you must of been microdosing and titrating the dose when starting it?
No. I do tvtake it every day anymore. I get it prescribed but often I have taken 4mg and then an hour later take some Kratom and vice versa no issue at all.

Maybe it’s because it kicks Kratom and is stronger so maybe that’s why idk…

By the way that’s great you have narcan on hand because you always should if messing with opioids…always!

Just don’t push your limit because you know you have a get out of jail free card (narcan) because sometimes narcan doesn’t bring ppl back

Glad you're okay @Slayer0344 - hang in there buddy. Also, glad you went and got checked out. Better to be alive and scared than dead with everyone else around you scared and sad.

80mg of oxycodone isn't a lethal dose for a semi-tolerant person but it's better to be safe than sorry (in most cases).

That said I've heard of fatal OD's from non-tolerant adults who consumed a single OC80, but my guess even then there was more going on (alcohol, etc.).

I stopped taking the oxys because I just can’t deal with that high. I’ve been like 8 hours since my last oxy and am feeling in withdrawal . I have some Suboxone here reckon it’s safe to take?

Update. Took 0.5mg of suboxone 10 hours after my last line of oxy. Was starting to feel bad withdrawal so took it.

Haven’t had subs in about 8 or 9 days. I’m feeling no withdrawal but feeling high as a kite right now which is unfortunate. Feel like I can’t breathe but I’m guessing it’s just anxiety? Does bupe even cause respitory depression?

Update. Took 0.5mg of suboxone 10 hours after my last line of oxy. Was starting to feel bad withdrawal so took it.

Haven’t had subs in about 8 or 9 days. I’m feeling no withdrawal but feeling high as a kite right now which is unfortunate. Feel like I can’t breathe but I’m guessing it’s just anxiety? Does bupe even cause respitory depression?
|"Buprenorphine is a partial agonist at the mu opioid receptor. Due to its relatively low maximum effect on respiratory depression it is considered by some to be a safe opioid. But it can produce serious respiratory depression, particularly when combined with sedatives such as benzodiazepines."

So, you're good, just breathe and relax, you're ok. Just don't mix it with other sedatives.

You are likely good but again dude…just go thru the WD. I don’t feel comfortable with you using opioids but I’m not your boss of course.

Just man…I was going to answer you but you took it before I could. I get your in wd and I ain’t your daddy but I care about you living.

Please man, just stop messing with opioids and the like if you can. I hate saying if you can because it leaves room for me to lie to myself and give myself reasons why I can’t stop when I can but idk maybe you can’t. Maybe you have severe pain issues idk.

It’s your life friend but just remember this one thing if you don’t remember anything else I say——

Drugs are like ketchup and mustard on a burger. The burger meat is everything else in life like spending time with loved ones, a healthy hobby or at least not unhealthy one, making goals in life to strive for, basically anything that adds value to your life and that includes work and school. We are genetically wired to strive for things and if we don’t we usually get depressed. Now that’s just my opinion. I haven’t looked into it per sey but I am pretty sure I have read that somewhere.

Anyway, if you only have ketchup and mustard on your sandwich it’s a nasty freakin sandwich and empty and boring…

Drugs should be something like the icing on a cake.

This isn’t me saying don’t do drugs. This is me saying make sure it’s just the icing on the cake.

I’m not saying you aren’t already. Idk. Maybe you are but I just don’t want you to risk your
Life to get out of WD and if your not used to a substance you should not be taking it just after overdosing when it’s a drug of the same class and stronger depending how you look at it.

Just be safe is all I’m saying man. Please consider just smoking weed or taking psilocybin. Stuff like that. And if you must get some party in you okay take a molly once a year or something idk. Just do t get caught up in that either. Shit is really bad for you used too much but that’s most things. Just man the opioid game is not somewhere I ever want to be again.

I do take kratom and get Rxd suboxone but i do t ever take my full dose. And once you are taking them regularly you do t get that feeling. Tolerance builds quickly. Kratom does not give me opioid effects because my tolerance and because I’m on subs. It did in the beginning. I started back on them a couple weeks ago. So I’m no role model ok

But I am an x heron addict who used to shoot real heroin. Fentanyl changed the game so much I stay the hell away.

Edit: and by the way. Usually and I’m sure you know this but heroin addicts don’t start off doing heroin.

Yeah dude with his posting history these last couple weeks about opioids I agree he should just go through withdrawal instead of trying all this shit and overthinking/trying a million different things. Just go through withdrawal

Let me clarify something - before coming off the Suboxone initially I was stable on it for over a year.

The issues that have arisen have been as a result of my cessation.

I’ve had an issue with opiates my entire life. The only time I didn’t have cravings and was stable was whilst on regular Suboxone treatment.

Since stopping this last 3 weeks has been an absolute nightmare.

So I must say you guys are wrong. Suboxone is where I need to be.

I can’t handle going through withdrawal for days on end I’m sorry but I just can’t. I have too much responsibility in my life through my business and family life. It’s just not feesable right now. And even if I could go through a detox I’d no doubt end up doing lines of oxy again sometime down the line.

If I can re stabilize on Suboxone I have no doubt things will go back to normal for me.