• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help please!!! Did this acid trip mean something???

You can rest assured that it is a common enough experience. Not just with acid or drugs but it happens to people awake and sober as well. I got my own interpretations, others have their own. I'll spare you my current level of understanding of it. What matters is how you cope with it. I'd avoid attaching stories to it while in the midst of it. I know that can be hard to do. You see what you see, but just be an observer best you can. The stories we tell can cause a person enormous suffering or worse yet, to act on those images in physical reality. Doesn't mean you can't explore and process it more objectively after the experience has passed a bit. It isn't so different from interpreting dreams. Realize the story you tell about the experience is going to also be the story you evolve and outgrow later, so be gentle with your experiences. You wouldn't tell a child awakening from a bad dream, "see, that's proof that life is hell on earth." You'd tell them something along the lines of "you had a bad dream, but you're safe now. Tell me about it if you feel like it". I'm not calling you a child, but realize that these experiences awaken more primitive and archetypal parts of our brain that call for an adult-like response.

Not to diminish the content, but the experience of it without the story you are telling about it is perfectly tolerable. That's always been my experience. Some experiences aren't meant to be understood, they are meant to be felt. The saying goes: feel it to heal it. Gently processing experiences of this nature in a supportive environment is therapeutic. Psychedelic therapy has been shown to be effective for just these types of things. Your friend took it personally and wasn't supportive enough to recognize what was happening to you and function as a guide (despite having taken 30 tabs in the past). He ain't satan but no need to trip with him again. In fact, if this experience has given rise to discomfort afterwards (instead of feeling of lightness) it probably is not a good idea to trip for a while. The heavier the experience the longer the time required. Try journalling or meditating on it a bit if you feel the need to process it.

I feel like I can see at least two pretty apparent circumstances which have helped to spur this into a negative trip:

1. You've been friends for like 3 months, and it sounds like you were starting to travel into a deep friendship (i.e to the degree that your friend was hoping that this LSD experience would in some way cement/solidify your friendship). However, that said; you barely know each other. In my experience this can be a time in a friendship rife with all kinds of doubts and unknowns. Of course, this would be greatly enhanced by any kind of LSD trip.
2. Your friend didn't tell you the LSD was 'double dipped' and 'pure' (common misconceptions, but regardless); he essentially didn't tell you it was going to be an incredibly strong trip until you were starting to feel the effects. This is enough to get anybody questioning a persons motives, especially when it inevitably was actually strong LSD and they probably announced this thing with some kind of joyous grin on their face, just as you were coming up and beginning to feel uneasy.

Cue a thought pattern roughly resembling: "Wait, so this is going to get stronger? But it's already too strong. Oh fuck, this is bad, this is really bad. Why didn't he tell me? Wait a second... I barely know this guy? Why is he grinning manically at me? Is this some kind of trick? Did he do this on purpose. Oh god, I don't know him, I don't feel comfortable. I really don't know him, he could be anyone, he could be the devil himself! Wait a second, is this guy satan? I mean I barely know him so, you know, oh fuck this is getting too intense, why am I thinking like this, I'm losing my mind, why did he does this to me. Oh, wait, because he's fucking satan! And he's grinning manically because he's enjoying my displeasure! It all adds up. I mean I barely know him and he tricked me, after all! Oh fuck, oh fuck, I'm definitely losing it!!".

Something a roughly along the lines of that seems fairly plausible given the circumstances/your report of what happened.

I'm sure your friend had good intentions. I've dosed people too high before, and what I've come to realise is that some people need significantly less to reach the level you do, or quite simply just react completely differently. Sometimes we expect everybody to react to powerful psychedelics the same way we do, but that quite simply it isn't the case. Your friend was irresponsible to not tell you the strength of the blotters before taking them, but then again maybe you were irresponsible to not fully enquire? Then again, perhaps your friend was expecting you to simply have the same trip you did, and underestimated how widely effects can vary? Either way, it was clearly an accident, and most certainly a well intentioned one, no matter how it panned out.

Religious trips on LSD are very common; and that includes the more negative kind. In my experience from browsing this forum, trips about satan, demons, hell, and other negative religious concepts, appear to be significantly more common in people who have experienced a religious upbringing. I have no doubt at all this this is due to the prevailing, controlling, emotional and psychological manipulation associated with organised religion.

That said, even the most devout atheist is prone. LSD is going to cause you to delve deep into human psyche/our culture, and bring something out, whether it be good or bad.

Last edited:
Trips can mean things, I had a similar experience and thought my friend was Satan and I left his house and walked about through the whole night thinking I was god then I walked into a strangers house thinking it was the source of evil I had to stop. After I realised what I did I thought I was Satan and sat in a graveyard through the night unable to move for a demon sitting staring at me ontop of a grave stone. After that I began to realise evolution and the concept of reality unfolding as my thoughts began unjumbling. As if I transformed from ape to human, I wandered through forests and ended up in a cave on the beach crying when I realised as consciousness evolves we realise what we are and we are bound to our body's all along. Being programmed to not think about these things as we can't handle being meatbags with a brain. Madness is self realisation and the ultimate torture.