• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help please!!! Did this acid trip mean something???

Mitchellkd77

Greenlighter
Help me please!! Did this acid trip mean something???
I tripped yesterday.
I wasn’t really expecting it, but my friend had planned this day for over a week.
He got two tabs with smileys on them. I took one, he took one.
He asked if I had ever tripped REALLY hard and I told him no. The whole time, he knew the acid he gave me was double dipped in pure LSD, but didn’t tell me until I started to feel the trip.
An hour and a half later I was tripping harder than I have ever in my entire life. He was acting completely normal (he’s taken 30 tabs of acid at once multiple times). I was outer-orbital, sucked into realizations that brought me to tears. I had some wonderful realizations, like how our souls are connected and that everyone goes through their life like I do mine, only taking a different path.
Then it turned sour. I looked at my friend and his grin freaked me out. I immediately started thinking about the good and bad in all people. I looked at him and saw Satan, tricking me into taking drugs and controlling my every move. Every single word he said made me cry harder and harder. I was thinking he (as satan) had planned out my entire life, and was deceiving me. I thought he had planned the questions he asked me, and that If I answered yes I would be stuck tripping with Satan forever. I started to really freak out when he asked questions like “do you trust me?”. I said no. He’s one of my very good friends and I do trust him, but all I could see is deception and Satan so I started to not believe anything he was saying.
The fact that he had planned the whole thing out made me trip on the idea that he had planned my whole life. I felt stuck. I thought I was going to be tripping forever, and he (as Satan) would keep controlling my every move and planning my life for me. I believed he tricked me into taking this acid to control me and have me forever.
I started thinking “I hate acid, I hate drugs, I’m never going to do them again because this is how Satan reaches you.” Every time he told me to calm down and it was going to be okay, I felt that if i believed him I’d be sucked into total deception.
Long story short, it was the scariest, worst trip of my life. I begged him for xanax so I could stop tripping, and then when he offered it to me I thought he was trying to kill me. I knew, however, that the ONLY way I could stop seeing Satan in him was to stop tripping. I took the xanax and 30 minutes later I was calm but extremely confused. I still didn’t know what was reality and what was in my brain.
I came away from that trip with some beautiful knowledge and the belief in strength in myself. However, I’ve never had a bad trip before and it was very, extremely scary. I’ve never cried harder than when I thought he was Satan. I can’t believe, now, that it even came to my mind.
I want to know what that trip meant. I haven’t known him but for about 3 months. Was my conscious telling me something about him that I didn’t realize before? Is he a trustworthy person and really cares about me? He did plan this day for us to get closer and have fun, but maybe my conscious was warning me not to give away my trust too easily. I don’t know. It was a life-changing experience and I’m honestly skeptical of acid and drugs in general now. Was it just the acid making me go crazy? Or did it really mean something?
If you know anything about tripping please help me. I want to know if it was just a bad trip of if it meant something. I’m very confused.
Seriously, please message me or reply with anything you know about acid, i just want to feel at ease. Thanks guys.

It was just a trip, man. Weird things happen on trips. It means nothing about him, It may say some things about stuff hidden in your subconcious, such as deep seated guilt for taking drugs, but thats about all.
Just a tip, perhaps you shouldn't go to a rammstein concert candy flipping... thats when things get freaky...

While on DMT a friend once saw me turn into the slenderman, i'm fairly confident that i'm not in reality the slenderman :p like bunny said, weird things can happen, i wouldn't take anything from it, i'd also avoid doing any kind of psychoactive drugs recreationally for a while, give your head a rest.

FYI i've heard of a fair few friends having bad trips triggered from someone smiling or laughing in a way they perceived as menacing

You had a freakout, it happens sometimes. The only meaning the trip has is that which you assign to it.

Next time you could try solo-tripping, that's good for introspection/pondering, and you don't have to worry about other folk's bad vibes, just your own.

Everyone says that it's "just a trip" but in a way I have to disagree. Yes, of course sometimes weird things happen that aren't exactly easy to explain away or could just be distorted perception, but I have found more often than not that many psychedelics allow you to see past the conscious world. Trips have always interested me a great deal, and I believe you should take everything you can out of them, the good and the bad. I'm not going to tell you to not be friends with this person, that would be silly, but don't close your mind to the possibility that you could have had a subconscious experience brought forth. Keep an eye peeled and use your best judgement when sober!

It was just a trip, man. Weird things happen on trips. It means nothing about him, It may say some things about stuff hidden in your subconcious, such as deep seated guilt for taking drugs, but thats about all.

This, do not hold anything against that person solely because you saw him turn into Satan when you took too much acid.He was kind enough to plan a trip with you and give you free lsd and stayed with you the whole time. Whether or not you remain friends should be a sober judgement involving other factors.

heymitchell- sorry to near about your bad experience. sounds like parts of it were also beautiful and enlightening for you from a spiritual aspect- sometimes, weve gotta take the good with the bad. getting to see the true yin and ying of it all can be shatterimg sometimes. we want to see beauty and share the laughter, but with that comes the rest of what makes for the balance.

i wish i could give you more insight as to what it meant, but that is something only you can truly figure out. if youre having trouble making sense of it all, perhaps look at it as you would a dream you had, and what each piece symbolizes..if its bothering you that much.

putting the pieces together and going through your integration process is a key part of it all..

maybe ask yourself questions like this- what exactly were you looking for going into the trip? were you just looking to get loaded see some pretty visuals, and have some good laughs, or was their perhaps something on your mind you were seeking answers to? did you maybe underestimate the state of mind it would put you in? are you in a good place in your life where you are comfortable and confident with self, or do you feel like you have work to do on yourself before you can be comfortable and happy just being?

idk bro..just looking back on someof my more difficult trips, i recall always having something onmy mind that was bothering me, or i wasnt in the right setting, etc. some of my most beautiful and meaningful trips turned to sadness from taking a peek at the whole of it all...

maybe that was your minds crazy way of saying slow down, maybe it had something to do with feeling guilty subconciously for getting far out at the wrong time, or maybe your subconcious was trying to tell you something about who you surround yourself with.it may have simply been you took it on the fly and were not prepared for a full psychedelic experience.who knows but you :)

Ask yourself the question that you asked us, and see what comes to you. but regardless, rest easy bro. thefact that it is on your mind still just means you have a few pieces left to your puzzle to put together.

take care ♡

Last edited:
I apologize in advance for such a vague and pointless response but all I can say is that:

That sounds like a really intense, frightening but equally beautiful trip. Realizations are scary and beautiful things and coming back to our world after experiencing acid induced realisations is uneasy because your mind has just gone through a truly life effecting experience. I think your experience, though scary and thought provoking is a gift and you should use the realisations that you come to as a means of understanding this mad world and the people who live here. Yes it was just a trip but our minds have the capacity to see and feel and understand truly remarkable things when tripping so don't be frightened to appreciate what was already all in your head that you were able to unearth during the trip.

Whether your friend is trustworthy or not isn't relevant, I don't think acid can bring you that sort of divine knowledge, I've had freak outs where I have just looked at myself and gone wtf am I doing why am I taking these drugs it's my fault if I'm having a bad time but at the end of the day it is nothing more than an altered state of mind, one that makes you question the boundaries of reality and about the nature of those living souls beside you.

I wouldn't trip alone, partially because I've always tripped with people I love and hence I associate there being there as a source of love and comfort and amazingly positive feelings. I imagine I would freak out like that if I tripped with someone, though whom I liked and knew well, but wasn't deeply trusting of. I remember when I first started smoking weed and when I would get really stoned I would feel anxiety and resentment towards the people I was with (if there weren't my absolute closest friends) and think up mad para thoughts about them which was all of course just pish.

Everyone says that it's "just a trip" but in a way I have to disagree. Yes, of course sometimes weird things happen that aren't exactly easy to explain away or could just be distorted perception, but I have found more often than not that many psychedelics allow you to see past the conscious world. Trips have always interested me a great deal, and I believe you should take everything you can out of them, the good and the bad. I'm not going to tell you to not be friends with this person, that would be silly, but don't close your mind to the possibility that you could have had a subconscious experience brought forth. Keep an eye peeled and use your best judgement when sober!

if you look up, another posted suggested exactly that, only with a solution. trips come from somewhere and thats our subconscious. I agree, this person just has a deep-seated fear/guilt from using drugs and thinking they are evil. perhaps raised by christian parents?

I apologize in advance for such a vague and pointless response but all I can say is that:

That sounds like a really intense, frightening but equally beautiful trip. Realizations are scary and beautiful things and coming back to our world after experiencing acid induced realisations is uneasy because your mind has just gone through a truly life effecting experience. I think your experience, though scary and thought provoking is a gift and you should use the realisations that you come to as a means of understanding this mad world and the people who live here. Yes it was just a trip but our minds have the capacity to see and feel and understand truly remarkable things when tripping so don't be frightened to appreciate what was already all in your head that you were able to unearth during the trip.

Whether your friend is trustworthy or not isn't relevant, I don't think acid can bring you that sort of divine knowledge, I've had freak outs where I have just looked at myself and gone wtf am I doing why am I taking these drugs it's my fault if I'm having a bad time but at the end of the day it is nothing more than an altered state of mind, one that makes you question the boundaries of reality and about the nature of those living souls beside you.

I wouldn't trip alone, partially because I've always tripped with people I love and hence I associate there being there as a source of love and comfort and amazingly positive feelings. I imagine I would freak out like that if I tripped with someone, though whom I liked and knew well, but wasn't deeply trusting of. I remember when I first started smoking weed and when I would get really stoned I would feel anxiety and resentment towards the people I was with (if there weren't my absolute closest friends) and think up mad para thoughts about them which was all of course just pish.

perhaps you, then, are lacking in love for yourself?

perhaps you, then, are lacking in love for yourself?

Yeah probably, but I'm also just frightened that I'd lose touch with what is real. I need something constant from our reality to keep me in check.

I freak out and worry in my head as well like op about drugs but probably because I'm subconsciously feeling guilty as I come from a super conservative background.

Don't feel guilty, I am not sure what 'background' I come from but on those fun webpages that ask questions to plot your political ideology I am fully libertarian......however since (in national elections anyway) they don't seem to win....I proudly proclaim myself a conservative! Sure, you probably would never see any relation at all between my brand of conservatism, and say the ever Wise Rush Limbaugh....even though I learned more from him than any other political commentator.

My point is, drop the guilt. Nothing wrong with it.

Edit: ohh Scottish, well I admit that conservatism in your beautiful land may mean something different than I think of it. Still, the point stands.

That is one strong hit of acid. I can't even imagine having that sort of experience off one tab. Are you sure it was LSD??

I doubt your friend is the devil. Hallucinogens have a way of dragging up dirt from a persons' subconscious. I think you're spot on that there is probably some guilt to be dealt with concerning drugs v. your family background, etc etc.

^Verily, verily.

Mitchel, you saw your love and acceptance, then your own paranoia and fear. Both are within you, and are you. What do they mean?

^:eek: Aw shucks, 'tweren't nothin'. You and plenty of other folks here offer more helpful, kinder advice than I. (and the moniker is very appropriate for my thoughts/actions in my personal life, as PD social-ites can attest)

i often see diffrent dieties in my friends or me once i was shiva then my friend was shiva , then another friend was satan i was god and vice versa, then at a party there was a choice for me to be a god i choose not to the another guy became a god *(he went for it imight even slightly wanted to be a god afterwards because that night i choose nothing and became a nothing no company no friends no thoughts horrible) , i also saw this decision thing like this people are doing drugs maybe they are gonna suck me into a deeper state of drugness maybe i shoulds seek the peace and love natural high hipies. i have a friend who became a budhist after a trip toughether. i also wanted to become a budhist after the trip it didnt seem a very good idea then it seem now though.... i conclude too: whenever the trip ends all this reveletions might be delusions or illusions which might seem completly real after seem funny or not so important or like fantasy (the bad things) the good things are the ones i like to keep and belive in like telepathy or interconectidness or one love one family on the planet things, but i want to forgeet the psychedelic mafia which sacrifices people to get high on their lifeforce for example , the problem is that during triping all seem so real the tentacles from the tv that wrap around your body trying to be friendly but you know in the inside that they are evil and conspiring against you or the dj from youtube who get suddenly angry and upset if you dont like their music because it seems evil or the sudden feeling that you are the whole house the water in the walls the shoes the books .etc. or feeling like you are unfolding like spiral if you spin to the right and folding to the left its sll pretty overwhelming when you feel it and see it but after just funny or so unlogic that seems unreal cmon psychedelic mafia? tv tentacles omg ....

The same thing happened to me but with weed, I've seen satan, angles and God. every time I smoked up they started appearing (My trips are intense). So I talked to them and see what they want. The conclusion is that satan kept appearing trying to be better than god, that is why he tries to convince you that he made it so he become a god like. I suggest you talk to him, but before you do, know that satan just wants to convince you that he is god and remember that the origin of everything is god, and satan is not, as there is another god all the enlightened ones have experienced and that god is all good, that is our god.
If you want to know more please contact me because I've been seeing these too.
Just talk to him and remeber that he's only one of God's creations. He cannot be god as he was created, not the origin of everything.