• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help, my son overdosed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Kirk Yes Do you have a son named Robert, Robert Kirk aged 17?

Same happens with alcohol. Drinking alc on heroin, morphine, tramadol etc. doesn't do a shit (You cannot feel the effect of ethanol, until you take a sick amount of it.), except it increases the chance of side effects significantly, and provokes OD and death.
So no, it is not a plus, minus logic.

what? thats bullshit. i drink all day with my opiates.

I didn't think coke would work because it doesn't mass-flood your brain with dopamine like meth or amphetamines does, but yes meth can easily counter opiate ODs because it won't wear off anytime soon after taking it. Amphetamines lasts longer than most opiates do, especially if the user has no tolerance.

This is the worst thread in the history of bluelight - why even bring up naloxone, amphetamine, etc... the person in question took over a gram of an antihistamine and is likely tripping his balls off, which a hospital could monitor, maybe provide a small dose of benzodiazipine to help the person sleep it off. 911 would have been the call initially. Taking that much hydroxyzine sounds more like a suicidie attempt than someone trying to get high.

Please DO NOT ADMINISTER STIMULANTS TO SOME ONE WHO IS UNCONSCIOUS!!!! The evidence you provide that you have reversed your own OD with amphetamine is obviously incorrect, as if you are awake enough to insufflate amphetamine you are not in danger of dying shortly thereafter. The only thing besides naloxone that would help an opiate OD is buprenorphine, which has stronger affinity than even naloxone, but is only a partial agonist.

PLEASE mods do something about this thread. Anyone who thinks cocaine doesn't "mass-flood your brain with dopamine like meth" obviously does not hold the capacity for providing advice in these situations. COTN I suggest you lurk on these threads for ~ a year and do a shitload of research before making asinine statements as you apparently are want to do - If you have questions, ask them, but do not pretend to think you know anything when you believe opioids induce "a permanent state of sleep", it is periphneral effects that cause ODs buy paralyzing your respiratory system, often causing arrythmias, which would be exacerbated by amphetamine, which is why so many more people OD on the combination than opioids alone (look it up, in a real epidemiological journal, not some newspaper article).

My guess is you haven't graduated highchool and are trying to contend your information is valid even when members with advanced degrees and years of experience on here are trying to educate you otherwise...

Ignorance is excusable... stupidity is not.

This is the worst thread in the history of bluelight

You may well be right. I was reading it while I was kind of high, and I wondered for a minute if my stuff was laced or something because the thread had just gotten so messed up and incomprehensible in spots.

but I do know that the overdoses causes you to die by putting your brain into a state of permanent sleep. Amphetamines wake you up from that state of sleep. .

I'm pretty sure that an opiate OD is a "brain state" that shares almost nothing in common with sleep.

They look the same to an outside observer. But I'm not aware of any similarities in brain activity or lack therof that they induce.

basd on the other stufr you said it seems like you are making things up based on statements you've read that you don't understand. I wouldn't provide advise on here like that....

I'm going to go ahead and close this since the OP hasn't come back and some of the responses have been less than helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.