Work Help me find a job

I think I'm gonna relocate to the Southwest US. It's just so much easier to be a poor person down there. The whole East Coast is shot. My family isn't really supporting me anymore and I don't exactly have any options. So fuck it. When this temporary disability money hits, I'm gonna get a plane ticket and not look back. Might have to rough it out in a shelter for a bit, but everything is just so much better out there than here, from everything I've researched and from the anecdotal evidence I've gotten from my roommate.

Yea 20+ years ago, id easily recommend the Pacific Northwest - but definitely not anymore.... It's like an extension of San Francisco out here now... It blows

Yea 20+ years ago, id easily recommend the Pacific Northwest - but definitely not anymore.... It's like an extension of San Francisco out here now... It blows
Someone on Reddit suggested Olympia and Salem, not sure if they're any better.

I think I'm gonna relocate to the Southwest US. It's just so much easier to be a poor person down there. The whole East Coast is shot. My family isn't really supporting me anymore and I don't exactly have any options. So fuck it. When this temporary disability money hits, I'm gonna get a plane ticket and not look back. Might have to rough it out in a shelter for a bit, but everything is just so much better out there than here, from everything I've researched and from the anecdotal evidence I've gotten from my roommate.

be careful at who hand ur

bc money = survival = brain giggles. And from there it can escaladate and you need to control yourself while you're being victim of social satire

Someone on Reddit suggested Olympia and Salem, not sure if they're any better.

Olympia is ok id live there... But it's not really cheap anymore either.... Check out the rent prices when you get a chance

Salem is ok too but kinda boring.... Lots of street drugs and homeless tho in both places

To draw a contrast you can see this everywhere..

look at schizopath, our BL member
he want sea with salt bc he has aMD computer ( whole cpu gpu ) and his lil 1000eur milk machine got his sweat to pay for it he protects it by denying nVIDIA dexterity over AMD, same Intel. Boiling point is, this is life threat and no matter social status/school percentage you can get a job that at least puts 400g of bread on table

@deficiT

If you're applying for jobs that you're overqualified for, don't tell them how overqualified you are.

ions said:
I've been unemployed since 2009

Wow. That's 14 fucking years!

Did you apply for jobs that are "beneath you", like non chemistry/teaching jobs (and exclude those qualifications from your resume)?

Most unemployed people I know who say they can't get a job only want to work particular jobs.

Any job is better than no job, IMO, unless you're already rich.

Is there a local job center. I live in Michigan and they have all these government run job centers. To help people find jobs and even teach classes and help with resumès.

@deficiT

If you're applying for jobs that you're overqualified for, don't tell them how overqualified you are.

Did you apply for jobs that are "beneath you", like non chemistry/teaching jobs (and exclude those qualifications from your resume)?

Most unemployed people I know who say they can't get a job only want to work particular jobs.

I thought about some restaurant gigs. But it's like having Einstein work at Subway.
When society does that, something is wrong.
I have applied to Red lobster and olive garden as a manager/bartender.

@deficiT

I've been applying for anything and everything. Most places require a resume so it's hard to lie about my history I guess.

Is there a local job center. I live in Michigan and they have all these government run job centers. To help people find jobs and even teach classes and help with resumès.
Not that I know of but I'll look into it. Have an interview at Wendy's today 🤷

I thought about some restaurant gigs. But it's like having Einstein work at Subway.
When society does that, something is wrong.
I have applied to Red lobster and olive garden as a manager/bartender.
Why don't you apply for any research gigs if you have a chem degree

Why don't you apply for any research gigs if you have a chem degree
I did. but gave up after some time.
So I have proposals that I'm trying to mint through after we bring down the Federal Reserve Bank.
Because americans have the right to press, or printing press. And with congress doing their jobs the right way, they would be the vote on approval to coin money.
But senators and congressmen don't do that. The federal reserve bank make new money. and That's a right taken away from the american people.
So for now I'll work on seeking investors for a legal distillery creating jobs in the area and putting out quality liquor. Steady Stills.
I'm on bluelight most days and research understanding the mind.

I did. but gave up after some time.
So I have proposals that I'm trying to mint through after we bring down the Federal Reserve Bank.
Because americans have the right to press, or printing press. And with congress doing their jobs the right way, they would be the vote on approval to coin money.
But senators and congressmen don't do that. The federal reserve bank make new money. and That's a right taken away from the american people.
So for now I'll work on seeking investors for a legal distillery creating jobs in the area and putting out quality liquor. Steady Stills.
I'm on bluelight most days and research understanding the mind.
There are plenty of jobs available for computational chemists, knowing how to program greatly increases your chances

There are plenty of jobs available for computational chemists, knowing how to program greatly increases your chances
I was inorganic synthesis and spectroscopy of coordination compounds.
Could've taught Physical Chemistry, as well as Inorganic.

There is plenty of computational work available in the pchem space, drug developers use programs that model energy conformations of proteins to get virtual binding data

Right. I don't believe in pharmaceuticals.
I don't know organic synth background to develop let's say novel psychedelics which would be cool.
But I would take the psychedelics, granted approval, and bind them to a ruthenium center and observe spectroscopic shifts.
That was something I was trying to conduct.

You keep saying computational stuff. But I just don't have the drive or care enough to do that stuff.
Back in the day, you do something monumental, and you would get an assignment of your choice. Like the Einstein and Neils Bohr days at princeton.
Now it's playing favorite with researchers doing stuff to tell a story about them.
Chemists are classically trained to make observations about your surroundings, and form conclusions.
It's not like that anymore. It's real bad and a political dumpster fire.