• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Help dilauded script stolen, how do I survive 13 days?

Wow. Disregard my earlier post. I see you decided to use heroin to manage? 8) Damn...Very disturbing thread to read. We all know exactly how going from pain pills to H ends up. Your pills won't work nearly as well was heroin, and are going to feel FAR weaker than they used to. Yikes - I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. Good luck - try not to fall headfirst into H...

She'll be fine. She has a good head on her shoulders and she has a husband watching out for her.

Let's be real. Lots of addicts have a "good head" on their shoulders & more! To think that a person currently addicted to prescription painkillers is going to casually use heroin and be "just fine" is quite possibly the most ignorant & purely nieve thing I have ever heard.

For her sake, hopefully she never runs out of pills again, b/c H will always be there to lend a helping hand.

^^^ Agreed. That day is coming sooner than later. It's a war against painkillers. It's already happening in a lot of places. Anyone who takes Hydrocodone/Norco's, probably has been given the new WHITE Norco 10mg instead of the yellow. They are VERY noticeably weak, about 1/2 the strength as yellows. If you needed 2, you now need 4 for the same relief.

I am in pm. I am already aware of the problem with DEA, well aware. I live in Florida, the epicenter of where the war on pain pills and pill Mills started and no, I am not naive* and certainly not ignorant.
I followed her story from the time she posted it and all I was saying was that I didn't think that was the road she was heading down.
Also, I am well aware of how quick heroin pulls you in, because I am an iv user. And before you get quick and say it has anything to do with my pain mgt, it didn't.
I wasn't born yesterday and decide to come on here and blab about things I don't know about. I'm somewhat experienced but NONE of us knows everything there is to know about this shit.
And you can't lump everyone in to the same category just because this happen to Jane and that happened to Joe.

While I haven't done H I did IV pills and am in PM too. I understand from users of dilaudid and H that they are similar except that H has more legs and dilaudid's got that amazing can't be beat rush. So I understand the rationale OP used. I personally would've gone down a different avenue but hey that's me.

And the drug crisis is bad and getting worse so H is rampant to fill the market. It's also IMO not safe with the upswing of fentanyl cuts so things are only gonna get worse all around with a rise in ODs before the DEA can realize the problem that the media hype and crack down on scripts is causing. Safe alternatives are getting harder to find and more expensive and persistence in contacting doctors doesn't always get adequate results. It's true H will always be there to lend a helping hand but I would personally and have opted to wd and feel like dying than risk actually dying using a product I can't confirm is legit....but too there are people in this world suffering more physically than myself and the lines I've drawn get wider as time goes on.

I hope I won't ever have to go the route OP chose but I can't predict how PM will be down the road either. And while stockpiling would be wise it's not permitted in most PM contracts. No they don't come inspect your home but honesty is the best policy. Part of the issue with PM is also noncompliance. Everyone in PM should have a candid discussion on a treatment plan and what to do about situations PRIOR to their occurring. For example "What is the protocol in this office and what am I expected to do if I am going out of town, lose my meds, moving, need to speak to you on the weekend, etc." so there are no surprises and no issues.