Positive Help and advice: getting off Heroin in the UK

I'm at technically 5 days clean. After a long binge I started breaking my using days apart... Starting with 2,2,3,4 and now 5 days clean, so 4 uses in 16 days. I was using huge amounts. Snorting a gram a day and I went from a gram to halves and less than a quarter the last day. I took klonopin to sleep the last 2 nights and I feel fantastic today.

I am a long time 20yr heroin addict and I've done this before. I know the long road of ups and downs is ahead.... mindfulness, meditation, excercising, finding hobbies, getting out around people. Try 5 htp with b vitamins. I also recommend magnesium at night it is extremely important for cellular function. Mucuna prurient w/ l dopa can help. Rhodiola has been shown to stimulate serotonin, norepinephrine and dopamine activity and lower cortisol... Novel interest and pursuits are best.

It definitely takes time. Be patient, aware and determined. Good luck my friend.

Last edited:
I'm at technically 5 days clean. After a long binge I started breaking my using days apart... Starting with 2,2,3,4 and now 5 days clean, so 4 uses in 16 days. I was using huge amounts. Snorting a gram a day and I went from a gram to halves and less than a quarter the last day. I took klonopin to sleep the last 2 nights and I feel fantastic today.

How you doing?
Sticking to that tapering regime?

I found tyrosine supplent and tyrosine from natural sources like avocado and cheese as a dopamine refuelling agent that got me off and is still getting me over the tiredness and paws

Still clean and feel my brain function is in hyper drive in terms of work and general focus

Now 26 days off, alcohol and occasional 1/2 mg of etizolam for sleep. A little charley a couple of times for nrg that wasnt worth the soul-loss feel despite the short energy spike.

Still no opioids no more. That era seems a long time ago That monkey was taking the piss.

Like a life lesson learnt and I'm lucky to be in good work and relationship. Lots going on to value being in the moment for real.

Though after your 20 years as opposed to under 1 year using for me I can't imagine what it's like

How you doing?
Sticking to that tapering regime?

I found tyrosine supplent and tyrosine from natural sources like avocado and cheese as a dopamine refuelling agent that got me off and is still getting me over the tiredness and paws

Still clean and feel my brain function is in hyper drive in terms of work and general focus

Now 26 days off, alcohol and occasional 1/2 mg of etizolam for sleep. A little charley a couple of times for nrg that wasnt worth the soul-loss feel despite the short energy spike.

Still no opioids no more. That era seems a long time ago That monkey was taking the piss.

Like a life lesson learnt and I'm lucky to be in good work and relationship. Lots going on to value being in the moment for real.

Though after your 20 years as opposed to under 1 year using for me I can't imagine what it's like

11 days clean and hating life at the moment. About Ready to throw it all away.

11 days clean and hating life at the moment. About Ready to throw it all away.

Nope, fuck that. Absolutely not.

You have a life worth living without drugs that can make you happy even if it's hard to see that now. Every moment of relief you gain by relapsing you will give back in pain further down the line and you know it.

Show yourself some love and respect by not using and try to take comfort from the knowledge you did a good thing for yourself even if that cant help with the physical pain.

You can do this(y)💪<3

Nope, fuck that. Absolutely not.

You have a life worth living without drugs that can make you happy even if it's hard to see that now. Every moment of relief you gain by relapsing you will give back in pain further down the line and you know it.

Show yourself some love and respect by not using and try to take comfort from the knowledge you did a good thing for yourself even if that cant help with the physical pain.

You can do this(y)💪<3

Thanks.... Can't see it at the moment. Going to another NA meeting ATM...

11 days, you're through the worst of it for sure. Obviously if you've been continually using for those 20 years then things are going to feel very different though.

It's going to feel shit at first even once you're through detox but if you create a support network and have a positive routine that can change very quickly if you're lucky.

Getting clean and being happy IS possible.

Thanks.... Can't see it at the moment. Going to another NA meeting ATM...
Can't compare my shorter usage with yours but I felt like that till around day 14. The got better most days. Now almost a month oth off things are almost normal.

Hang in there.
Do things to stimulate natural dopamene to fill up what the dope stole from you.
Foods like chicken cheese and bananas
Tyrosine supplement
Excersise walks etc
Other people you can moan to

Keep it up. It can only get better
🙏❤️