• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Help - advice regarding tapering off heroin

Sustanon said:
Its really hard as you have not stated what opiates u have been using, the duration and at what doses.

He has given all those details. The thread is 3 pages long. He's also said he doesn't want to go back on bupe again.

Good luck Polo. This thread contains a lot of useful information, I recommend having a look at it -> The OD Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ.

My new years resolution was to quit using heroin. Im on day 2 today. Trying to stay strong but the WD's are getting worse. I picked up some anti anxiety otc pills from the chemist and some cold n flu tabs. The chills and sweats are the worst. Argh.

is this the same sustanon that has posted in the MDxx thread in the last day or two about his 'pure molly' and new year's party times?
i dunno man - i wish you the best and all, but something there doesn't seem entirely consistent to me. are you referring to withdrawing from habitual opiate use altogether, or heroin specifically? i'm a little confused...

My new years resolution was to quit using heroin. Im on day 2 today. Trying to stay strong but the WD's are getting worse. I picked up some anti anxiety otc pills from the chemist and some cold n flu tabs. The chills and sweats are the worst. Argh.

look into utilising imodium, just threw the acute stage; it's an opiate that doesn't pass the bbb but binds in the gut. great for RLS, cramps, diarrhea. but it sounds like you're almost past the worst, another day or two before things smooth out a little.

is this the same sustanon that has posted in the MDxx thread in the last day or two about his 'pure molly' and new year's party times?
i dunno man - i wish you the best and all, but something there doesn't seem entirely consistent to me. are you referring to withdrawing from habitual opiate use altogether, or heroin specifically? i'm a little confused...

Withdrawing from heroin mainly. Have been using codeine + DXM + smack. Ive stopped the smack and working on the codeine. Its just crap that no matter what drug u use apart from opiates u still feel the withdrawals and sometimes even more pronounced especially when ur sobering up. Runny noise, having the runs, headaches, hot cold flushes and feeling very anxious over nothing is the worst.

look into utilising imodium, just threw the acute stage; it's an opiate that doesn't pass the bbb but binds in the gut. great for RLS, cramps, diarrhea. but it sounds like you're almost past the worst, another day or two before things smooth out a little.

Thanks for the tips. I havnt actually gotten around to getting Imodium although I dont have of the above mentioned symptoms apart from the runs, Im on day 3 atm and for me day 3 is usually the worst. The worst part is these hot n cold flushes. I really hate it over anything else. Still using codeine so thats helping somewhat. Hopefully by the end of the week itll all be over:) Since ive been on holidays Ive been binging without thinking of the consequences. Its just too good stuff to use daily:S

i guess because i IV wd's will usually be fully present within 24hr's so by day 3-4 the worst is over and i start to get a few hours sleep throughout the night and quick 10-15min naps throughout the day.

try it out, it's like otc methadone. it is habit forming which is why i recommend only using it temporarily through the acute phase. it's unlikely you'll get hooked on it.

if it's mainly codeine you're withdrawing from you shouldn't really be feeling too much worse than you are now.

Sustanon I would imagine that by day 4 you will start to feel better, like tentram said, you will still be withdrawing but by day 3 you should reach the peak of WD effects. I remember when I have withdrawn in the past, the relief I felt waking up on day four and feeling a bit better.

I usually rack the smack and most times I do it on Sunday and by Tuesday/wednesday it gets worse and really hanging for a dose. Although the WD symtoms have died down still feeling heaps of anxiety. Any of u guys get that? Also im not sure but Wednesday is my opiate days after Sunday and few hours before I would dose the WD symptoms get a lot worse right before I dose. Weird. Also appetite has decreased dramatically :S

of course, you're still withdrawing so you're going to be more susceptible to anxieties. just relax naturally as much as possible. maybe even try a few otc herbs of your choice. i find drinking chamomile and green tea help relax me - i try to avoid coffee as much as possible apart from maybe a morning one to help get me kick-started. take nice long showers/baths as well with epsom salts; it helps relax you and can ease any cramping/muscle tension.

My attempt failed at my friends place so I have taken the rest of this week off work to wd. How are you going sustanon? I really have no more options now so I have to get clean no matter what.... It's beautiful outside and heaps of mad ass chicks walking around, I don't want to be chasing gear and rather chicks. That's why I'm dying to be clean.

Day 10 and feeling awesome, WDs all gone. Anxiety is gone too nearly, although ive been having a lot of codeine, dxm and rikodeine. That combo is awesome:) Hated feeling so crap off smack. Hang in there bud, u can do it!:) I usually sign n date a piece of paper with the reason of why im quitting. So far it works. Its like a contract. If u have stuff leftover throw it out or give it away etc or seal the stuff with tape and writer that contract with reason, sign n forget about it forever.

Nice one sus. I'm back on pst again, I'm trying to lay of smack as much as I can with certain exceptions like maybe paydays or weekends, I haven't decided yet. The first two days of getting back on seeds after a nice run on smack sucks but you get used to it pretty quick and start enjoying the pst high again. I find I just need to find things to keep me occupied so I'm not idle and thinking of gettin high. Having a new job helps, I've been getting back into skateboarding again which has been really helpful but I fucked my knee up on the weekend. You know that spot in your knee that like a funny bone but it's not funny at all when you smack it? I smashed it really hard on Saturday and almost spewed from the pain, Jesus.

Cheers man appreciate it. Its really hard to over come the cravings and WD feelings etc but it is possible. How often are u on PST? Ever since ive stopepd using smack I have been using codeine, dxm and dihydrocodeine daily since im on holidays. It keeps me from thinking of using smack again. Just thinking of the WDs is enough for me to stop thinking about it. That crap isnt worth it not to mention how much money one could save and so forth. The problem is most of us started off using on pay days or weekends which ended up few times per week then daily etc u know how it is lol

Using smack recreationally is very hard IMO, my honest opinion is that only a very few can do it that way. The stuff is just way too good not to be used say daily. No hangover, great high and relatively cheap compared to other things. Not good about ur patella (knee) though, if it doesnt get better def go see someone so it can be resolved. PST should help with some pain issues though. Let us all know how u go with the smack usage recreationally,

Cheers man appreciate it. Its really hard to over come the cravings and WD feelings etc but it is possible. How often are u on PST? Ever since ive stopepd using smack I have been using codeine, dxm and dihydrocodeine daily since im on holidays. It keeps me from thinking of using smack again. Just thinking of the WDs is enough for me to stop thinking about it. That crap isnt worth it not to mention how much money one could save and so forth. The problem is most of us started off using on pay days or weekends which ended up few times per week then daily etc u know how it is lol

Be careful Sus, you are using codeine daily now as opposed to smack; but you will still have to go through withdrawals if and when you do stop the codeine. Granted they may not be as bad as jumping off a daily habit on the gear, but they will still be prominent, most likely. Best to give it a break for a period of time (a couple months) and then try maintaining a recreational habit. Hope you've been alright, old mate.

A. <3

Cheers man although I dont get any WD's from codeine personally. Maybe my case is an isolated case im not really sure. Just using it out of boredom atm but working on quitting it in the near future. Hope u been well too man, its been a while!

I have a naltrexone pill and was thinking of taking some off it to get the wd started. I need to be clean by Monday, that's how desperate I'm getting

I have a naltrexone pill and was thinking of taking some off it to get the wd started. I need to be clean by Monday, that's how desperate I'm getting

If you want a preview of hell, you hold that gateway in your hands.