View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help a Young Mind Help Others

Iliketoswim

Bluelighter
I'm 16. I've done all types of different drugs from smoking crack with a dope fiend in Philly to snorting heroin up in the detention centers. Now just coming out of a behavioral center, and still on probation, I've had these life transforming experiences with psilocybin and LSD. On one occasion I had this dream of touching the souls of every human being through LSD. I've had the most profound experiences of which one cannot explain, but in an 8 hour time period I understood more about life, love, and human psychology and interaction than what 800 hours of therapy sessions could. I want to help solve the worlds problems with psychedelic therapy. I've studied Mckenna and Dr. Leary, and I think I may be the next one to step to the plate for the world of trippers and try to get this shit legitimized into actual legal medication in America. Now not to brag and I think this is where the whole discussion of helping me comes into terms, but at a detention center I was tested with a 129 IQ and high school just comes a little too damn easy to me it's almost an insult. Now since I have this advantage with the psychedelic experience in hand, where would you like to see the future of psychedelics? I'm still in high school. But I have a bunch of felonies and other charges that never in a million years would Harvard or Yale accept me, even if they did I wouldn't have any money to go there I'd be in debt the rest of my life almost. I had this tripped out thought of going and getting some shitty Psychology degree and saving enough money to anonymously publish findings into the psychiatric community about psychedelics and their "Holy Grail" like potential for helping humans take their lives to the next level. (Transhumanism comes to mind). Just thinking about it in my own social situations, nobody who I know of who's ever touched LSD has such an aim for the whole concept as I do. Currently tripping off 3 tabs! Let me know what u think I'm tired of typing into my phone and tired of wasting your time hahaha

Your young to be doing these things(can't complain though as I was eating some of the best acid to ever hit the streets by seventeen and was doing it weekly). I like your idea though! It's a beauty!

Age, in the end, is just numbers. I'm glad to hear that you're on such a positive path. I don't think you need a degree to make a meaningful difference. There is plenty of work to be done as an activist, working for MAPS or something. And in the meantime, just bringing the conversation to the table with people you care about who may have an open enough mind to think about these things respectfully. Every meaningful conversation has a ripple effect.

You don't need to go to Harvard or Yale for a decent education. Felonies acquired at a young age aren't held against you as much as they are later in life either.

If you truly want to pursue higher education there are options out there for people like you. Don't give up on it just because you feel like it is unattainable. That said, if you really don't want to go down that path that's fine too, no one can tell you what the right path in life is for you. You have to figure that out for yourself.

Aren't you the guy who spit in his friend's face when he was greening out? The same guy that posted a picture of him on social media?

Yeah, there's never been a peer reviewed published, tenured Harvard prof who took LSD and proselytized about it.

Slow down on the drugs, clean yourself up, get an education and start doing drugs again in 8 years or so.

Tom

Damn OP, I hope you if you get even half ashigh on drugs as you are on yourself then your trips will be limitless...
I agree with Pupnik, 129 IQ really isn't very high so Army'd be a good choice.

OP I'm impressed by your spelling and grammar given you are 16, moderately intelligent, on three hits of acid and typing on your phone. Maybe you do have what it takes to save humanity with psychedelics.

Aren't you the guy who spit in his friend's face when he was greening out? The same guy that posted a picture of him on social media?

Yeah, there's never been a peer reviewed published, tenured Harvard prof who took LSD and proselytized about it.

Slow down on the drugs, clean yourself up, get an education and start doing drugs again in 8 years or so.

Tom

Yeap! Obviously you need to add up more life experience.
Don´t count on 129 IQ as social skills and life itself can be quite demanding and harsh.
Slow down and sober up so that you may increase chances of being as successful as you are planning.

If you want to help people you start small.
You could never be the next Terence McKenna or Timothy Leary simply because there is no need for them.
They have already fulfilled that position of legitimizing psychedelics as medication, that doesn't mean you can't help however.
It seems to me though you are being extremely naive in this whole situation.
You've done some psychedelics and read the same literature many other trippers have read and now want to be the next big name in the psychedelic community.
I'm sorry to say it but there are lots of people with more psychedelic experience than you, people with IQ's much higher than yours, and many people with a much more humble approach to the topic and they still may only make a minimal impact in the psychedelic community.
If you want to help, keep doing what you can with the resources you have; don't put yourself on such a ridiculous pedestal.
You are not better than anyone else, Timothy Leary was not better than anyone else, and the ones who make it the furthest in such a humble field are the ones who keep the humble mindset.
You're not special, none of us are special, we're all human beings with a similar hobby and similar interests doing what we can to promote proper advocacy of psychedelics.

I've had the most profound experiences of which one cannot explain, but in an 8 hour time period I understood more about life, love, and human psychology and interaction than what 800 hours of therapy sessions could.

I'm sorry but many of us have felt this way at one time or another during a trip. Look up delusions of grandeur

Last edited:
129 is well above average . I tested higher but I've done so much drugs I'm 111 now but damn if I don't know some shit from XP :p
You seem well with it. I did my acid at 15 and stopped. You know you need to take vacations from that shit and know your source . K?
Don't let anyone on this site drag you down. People just get jealous of youngsters. I don't. That's dumb.
Youth obsession is fuckin dumb. Stay cool - MJ

129 is well above average . I tested higher but I've done so much drugs I'm 111 now but damn if I don't know some shit from XP :p
You seem well with it. I did my acid at 15 and stopped. You know you need to take vacations from that shit and know your source . K?
Don't let anyone on this site drag you down. People just get jealous of youngsters. I don't. That's dumb.
Youth obsession is fuckin dumb. Stay cool - MJ
I refer you to this thread.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/737432-Kid-Almost-Dies-after-smoking-weed

If this kid actually exhibited a level of maturity past his years I would not be so skeptical, however he has not proven this, in fact he has mainly shown the opposite.

Ya, the last thing the psychedelic scene needs is another little kid, multiple felon, with a serious messiah complex, megalomania, and delusions of grandeur.

129 IQ is about 2 standard deviations above the mean...so, you're 1 out of 50. You could almost join Mensa. Is that something to brag about?

Key thing to do now --don't lost hope!!

Even if you don't become a psychologist you could still do something great with your life like be a counsellor or one who has a specialty in a certain area such as alcohol & other drugs. I bet you could have a very fulfilling life helping others. :)

I commend your enthusiasm and desire to bring something good into the world as a result of your psychedelic use. :) I will say though that you're very young, and you have a LOT of life ahead of you, almost all of it. There's plenty of time for figuring out your life path. I would say, keep this in mind, keep it as a future goal, and see where you're at once you grow up some more. In order to really affect a real change, you're going to have to educate yourself. No one (sadly) is going to listen to a 16 year old (or adult) who does psychedelics and doesn't have scientific/professional qualifications, just because you anonymously posted personal findings from psychedelics. To follow that path you are going to need to legitimize yourself in the eyes of others, and educate yourself in the ways in which one can effectively follow such a path. But like I said, it's a noble goal.

You're clearly intelligent, but don't let it get to your head, a lot of people in the world are at or above that level. However, you don't need to be the smartest person in the world to affect change and do something powerful and meaningful with your life.

And for those calling him out on previous behavior... kids do dumb shit, people make mistakes. Especially when they're young. Everyone's an idiot sometimes when they're a teenager.

One final thing: I believe you're too young to be doing psychedelics, as your brain has not fully developed yet. It's best to allow your brain to develop without the influence of drugs. You only get one brain and one chance for it to grow and develop into adulthood. Consider going easy on them right now and focusing on school, or better yet, not doing them anymore until you're older. If you plan to follow this path you're talking about, you are going to need to buckle down and do well at school and stay out of trouble. Focusing on drugs is going to make that far less likely to happen, and you can't do this period of your life over... nor in fact do you ever get any do-overs for any period of your life.

And for those calling him out on previous behavior... kids do dumb shit, people make mistakes. Especially when they're young. Everyone's an idiot sometimes when they're a teenager.

I called him out on his behaviour. I will have no problem apologizing to him (and accepting him) when he deserves it. Did I do stupid shit when I was younger? Hell yeah, and I still do. But I never did what he publicly admitted to doing. When a friend passed out fom drinking a 1/2 bottle of Rye at the age of 14, we put him in the recovery position and kept a very close eye on him to make sure he wouldn't aspirate vomit.

Knowing social limits as well as personal ones are important. Not respecting social limits because you don't respect people is not cool in my books.

Just my 2 cents.

Tom

I think ibogaine should be available for opiate addiction treatment. It has been shown to work, so it must have medical efficacy. Other hallucinogens I would not be able to endorse for medical use.

To the OP, you'll probably never be able to have much effect on drug legislation but your intentions are commendable. I suggest you stop all illegal activity when you turn 18 and just concentrate on taking the required steps to ensure that your later life will be enjoyable instead of a struggle. An adult criminal record would screw that up. Take pharmocology or something like that in college and then you can use your drug related skills for something useful.

129 IQ is about 2 standard deviations above the mean...so, you're 1 out of 50. You could almost join Mensa. Is that something to brag about?

I didn't know they still did IQ testing, I was tested when I was a kid, not gonna say what it was, but having a high IQ didn't mean, for me at least, that most of my choices were smart...Look at F. Gump, dumber than a box o' rocks, but good decision making skills...so, you never know.
I wasn't trying to dog the kid out, but knocking him down a peg or two won't hurt...he's running fast and loose...IMO.