TDS Hello can we talk about heroin

rarerran

Bluelighter
young adult male from UK.

I'm going through a hard time in my life, and I get reassurance from thinking about suicide (but as of now I have no plans to do anything). I used to think hanging was the most reliable but now I think it would be heroin OD.

I've done some reading and saw some news articles. In some cases someone is found dead from an OD with the needle still in their arm, this would imply they nodded off before they even got a chance to take out the needle right? Some accounts describe feelings of apathy, bliss and peace before nodding off.

But then I've read that heroin OD can cause vomit aspiration and stopping breathing. But in a large OD the user would nod off before any of this stuff would happen right?

I've never used heroin before so if I were to do this my tolerance would be zero. And I understand the lower the tolerance the more lethal a high dose would be?

Also would combinations increase the risk of death? Heroin + fentanyl, or heroin + benzos to increase the sleepiness?

I'm not sure what you are asking,
from my own experience on overdosing on heroin, it went like this:

after driving into the hood and my man didn't have any oc 80's he told me that he had this stuff called heroin instead, and me dope sick i'm like 'sure let me get $100', and in my head i figured if i spent 50 on a pill, then i could do half of the bag of heroin and feel 'normal', after the exchange went down, i was about to get on the freeway when someone behind me flashed their lights, so i pull over, they too just copd some dope and wondered if i had a rig, i told them i was about to go and pick some up, so fallow me. so we both ride off to some ghetto pharmacy and i go in and get the points and come back out, i recall asking them if i could do the shot in their car and they had no problem. so i start to work on a can, and they told me that the 'dope' is good, and i can just back load it, so judging half of the bag i poured it in the syringe and drew up the water, i recall a warm hug that put me to sleep,
i wake up some 10 minutes later on the pavement with paramedics all around me with a line in my arm, i had overdosed.
the only thing i remember was a huge wave of 'go the fuck to sleep' , road to the hospital and im freaking out about them calling my parents, and when they did and saw me at the hospital the only thing i wanted to do was to do the rest of this bag i had.

so what did i learn from all of this ?
not to overdose on heroin, so when ever i had copd some dope, i would do a little less then what i really wanted to do. it was scary as fuck waking up to the paramedics,
i will tell you this, when i 'came to' it was almost like the same feeling of 'passing out' and waking back up. I was sober as fuck because of the narcan so there wasn't anything pretty about it.

i had never used heroin until i overdosed.
<3

I understand that narcan may save the life of an OD victim but it can also give them immediate withdrawal-like symptoms making them feel dreadful.

But in the case of a suicide attempt, in my mind it would be done by myself with plenty of time. So there would be noone to call an ambulance and noone to administer narcan. And by the time I was noticed missing it would be too late.

How about you tell as what makes you suidical and accept some advice?
Or even enjoy your heroin instead of trying to kill your self with it.
Anyway I've never expirience H o.d. but people who I know that did said it's anything but painless.

I'm also considering suicide. I've been fucking around on and off with heroin for 15 years. Heroin + xanax is a very dangerous combo. I'm 6'2" 180lbs with a high tolerance; I think 1gram of good dope IV'd in a single shot + 12mg of xanax ingested prior to shooting up would be more than enough to kill me. With regard to your concerns about vomiting: puking on good dope is actually a pleasant experience with a regular dose.

Come on felons, suiside ain't a solution. We all are gonna die anyway,and there ain't come back from that. Life comes only once. Just find out how you want your self to be, and focus on becoming that guy.

young adult male from UK.

I'm going through a hard time in my life, and I get reassurance from thinking about suicide (but as of now I have no plans to do anything). I used to think hanging was the most reliable but now I think it would be heroin OD.

I've done some reading and saw some news articles. In some cases someone is found dead from an OD with the needle still in their arm, this would imply they nodded off before they even got a chance to take out the needle right? Some accounts describe feelings of apathy, bliss and peace before nodding off.

But then I've read that heroin OD can cause vomit aspiration and stopping breathing. But in a large OD the user would nod off before any of this stuff would happen right?

I've never used heroin before so if I were to do this my tolerance would be zero. And I understand the lower the tolerance the more lethal a high dose would be?

Also would combinations increase the risk of death? Heroin + fentanyl, or heroin + benzos to increase the sleepiness?

People react differently when they have just shot a high dose of heroin. Sometimes you pass out before injecting all of it.
Fentanyl can make that happen quite quickly.

In other cases it happens while you are having the rush and don't wake up afterwards.
When you inject heroin, specially if you have just started doing it, it's easy to get more than you actually need. Instead of head of match you may think you can handle more or somehow you feel that won't be enough. But my point is that you can risk dying or od'ing even though you do it correctly.

I don't know how heroin is in England but if you suspect it has been added with fentanyl, you should maybe stop IV'ing and do it in different ways.
Be careful!
Take care,
E.

I'm also considering suicide. I've been fucking around on and off with heroin for 15 years. Heroin + xanax is a very dangerous combo. I'm 6'2" 180lbs with a high tolerance; I think 1gram of good dope IV'd in a single shot + 12mg of xanax ingested prior to shooting up would be more than enough to kill me. With regard to your concerns about vomiting: puking on good dope is actually a pleasant experience with a regular dose.

You'll never know for sure. I have had much more and still manage to awake a couple of days later in a hospital intensive care enable to speak or hear. Things can go wrong regardless of how sure you are. It's too risky as you could have a brain damage and instead of dying you would be quite incapable. You can also puke and have your life saved by narcan, etc, etc. Like bomber has said about Heroin OD "anything but painless".

I have had several heroin and opiate overdoses. It is horrific when you are brought back and if you think someone won't call an EMT, they will if they care at all.

I didn't try to kill myself when I overdosed. I caught felony charges everytime cuz even though it will get dropped local PD has a hard on for me so the way they see is if this guy won't even discuss snitching he would be great to try to break and utilize.

So just imagine getting cpr in an ambulance puking and should shitting yourself or a loved one pumping your chest and narcaning you, then going to jail and detoxing in jail.

Everyone gets down, its how you handle it. Go out drink, fight, or fuck.

If you sharp enough to know how the world works when someone like us clocks out its a big W for the man.

Bad times pass, they feel long but aren't. Embrace the duality of human nature. Without pain there wouldn't be pleasure. Don't mope and go find what makes you happy.

You don't need to die like I have to know how precious life is. If nothing else be to stubborn to die and live everyday like its your last.

I have been locked up more than enough to know how nice it is just to go outside.

Something I do often is find a good view of the sky at night and I just lay there thinking about nothing.

I don't use opiates recreationally, I used to use weed but then due to some health reason I can't use weed anymore.

Weed used to make everything better for me, now I'm totally lost without it.

My mental state has gotten so bad in the past week not only have I had suicidal thoughts I've taken to lying in bed during the day, something I've never really done before. That's a sign of depression innit?

^Yeah it is a sign of depression. Tell me pls what's the health problem that stops you from smoking weed? Does it have to do with lungs? Don't take me wrong, I have a reason for asking.
Anyway, I can see that weed is your thing, but there are a shit ton of other drugs you could use recreationally, don't stick to the one you can't.
Anyway, I don't want to focus on the minor and loose the prior. Depression ain't something that can't be faced. Have you considered seeing a proffesional?

Suicide is not an answer unless you want the questions to stop. Be glad that you can feel. Misery is part of the experience we call life. You will feel joy again. And it won't necessarily be by way of drugs, as drugs are not really the issue. They can make issues worse or even better but the bottom line is you. Somehow you're not giving yourself what you need to thrive. Most likely that's love, and loving yourself can be very hard if no one else has really loved you. I think this happens when we have parents who cannot or will not love us. It's not that we are unlovable. It's that these people who raised us don't have love to give us and naturally we take it personally, and others we meet cannot love us because we do not value ourselves. It's a tall order, but you are worthy of love. Write down all the good things about you. Here it's easy. Good things about me: articulate, artistic, brave, independent, resourceful, funny, sensual, empathetic, intelligent, proletarian, poetic, tough, and adaptable.
I can already tell you're sensitive, articulate, considerate, social, thoughtful, humane...
these are rare and wonderful qualities. Use them to realize whatever and whoever you want to be!

Misery is part of the experience we call life. You will feel joy again.

Truth.

Somehow you're not giving yourself what you need to thrive. Most likely that's love, and loving yourself can be very hard if no one else has really loved you.

This, this and this again. You do not want to die, the life that does not suit you wants to die. It doesn't have to be a bloody, horrible murder--just take it slowly and make small changes, then watch them add up. You, the real you, the one you have always been is who you are fighting for. Never give up the fight for your true self.<3

@bomber,

not a lung prob I've never smoked weed and only ate edibles.

Back in July I was using edibles a lot, all day every day. Then all of a sudden I develop an intense warm pressure feeling in centre of head I've had ever since. So I abstain a couple months and in Sep I eat a small edible and the pressure feeling got worse. Now in Dec I still have this pressure feeling in head and unable to use cannabis because that makes it worse. I'm stumped what it could be because THC isn't supposed to cause physical problems only psychological.

You know the pressure feeling you get in your ears when you are in a plane and descend? Imagine that but a bit warmer and right in the middle of your head. That's what I feel around the clock. And unfortunately breathing out while pinching my nose doesn't help.

edit: made a new thread for this here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...-my-health-physically?p=13887496#post13887496

Last edited:
there are a shit ton of other drugs you could use recreationally

Alcohol doesn't do it for me anymore, opiates carry a risk of addiction, psychedelics are a bad idea given my low mental state and I wouldn't want anything that can give me a nasty comedown. That doesn't leave much.

All I wanted from drugs was something low risk and fun to help me relax without giving me hallucinations. Weed was perfect for me.

Have you considered seeing a professional?

If my head were to recover/be treated I think I would benefit from seeing a counsellor/psychologist but I don't think now is the time.

See a doctor. Get something for your head.

You too young to not even try.

As far as weed, I started having panic attacks occasionally, stopped six months and now right as rain.

Maybe edibles? Look I don't recommend drugs but drugs beat suicide.

There are still drugs you can use recreationally but that's not the answer. First, have you seen a doctor about that thing in your head? Anyway I don't understand why people (including me) find seeing a psychologist as a "big thing" we need to "get ready" for. It's just a person ready to listen to us and help as with what's going on in our heads.

Go see a dr. Quickly. Don't wait for whatever is happening in your cranium to get worse.

As for od'ing on H, I watched my husband od and he didn't just "go to sleep". It was scary as hell. I won't go in to it but it wasn't a pleasant event.

Just get help however you can.

I understand it can be a terrible experience for any 3rd parties who witness someone OD on heroin, but my thread was more about what it would be like for the user.

Maybe edibles?

It was cannabis edibles I was using.

I see doctor in couple of days, I'm really hoping I will get referred for an MRI scan